LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by edsortails on 11/28/2017 4:13:00 PM (view original):
Wouldn't kick Alferova out of bed.
who is alfarova......cant be sarah huckabee.....please no.
11/28/2017 4:56 PM
What's she all about, Alferova?

She figures in the Seth Abramson tweets, too.
11/28/2017 5:15 PM
11/28/2017 5:36 PM
flynn is so eager to flip he has promised he will do........ back flips.........tumblesaults.......somersaults........break dancing..........table dancing..........jumping jacks..........walk on his hands.......
11/28/2017 8:15 PM
dont forget about the civil lawsuit against trump...one of his accusers filed a defamation suit for calling her a liar...if it is allowed to go forward at this time.(i cant see it not in view of the suit against clinton ).......and if he lies during depositions or creates a possibility of perjury that can come under the purview of the mueller probe....( ken starr started with whitewater and veered into the paula jones case ).........so the sexual assault issues of trump could lead into an impeachment subject........
11/29/2017 1:40 PM
Like the volume knob on Nigel Tufnel's amp, Trump's crazy goes up to 11.

Trump Once Said the ‘Access Hollywood’ Tape Was Real. Now He’s Not Sure.

Also fake? Obama's birth certificate! (No kidding, that's in the article, too.)
11/29/2017 1:55 PM
would it be wrong if i think about how great it would be for trump to be captured by isis.
they would probably just give him back anyway to spite us.
11/29/2017 2:02 PM
I'd rather think about this than politics so.........

2001 was the year I jumped back into music with both feet, started going to clubs, bars, wherever to see road acts.............
Really listened to hours and hours of music at home nearly every evening, and a LOT of the (at that time) new Americana scene....... the list reflect that!

2001 Top whatever list.

1. Shaver --- "The Earth Rolls On" (This is as good as it gets! Beyond country or Texas, just otherwordly! Do a google search about this LP)
2. Whiskeytown --- "Pneumonia" (The band was finished but the label releases a swan song filled with hooks.......what could have been!)
3. Jimmy Eat World ---- "Bleed American" (suffered due to a title change post 9-11, but a rock gem!)
4. Rodney Crowell ---- "The Houston Kid" (Rodney takes on the globe....... with empathy galore! A spiritual quest put to folk/country songs)
5. Bob Dylan --- "Love & Theft" (I won't go so far as Wylie......... but it IS real good!)
6. Scott Miller & The Commonwealth --- "Thus Always To Tyrants" (Former V-Roy gets his groove on, in spades!! Great effort!)
7. Gillian Welch ---- "Time (The Revelator)" (Dark, moody, this isn't Country, is it? She soars on this one!)
8. Chris Knight --- "A Pretty Good Guy" (Tales from the backroads and beyond..... GREAT dirt road songs!)
9. Ryan Adams ---- "Gold" (A solid 1st effort, but not as good as his ex band's release of the same year---- rocks more, though)
10. Townes Van Zandt --- "A Far Cry From Dead" (By far the best Townes release, for just the song performances and choice of songs!! Excellent!)
11. Peter Case ---- "Flying Saucer Blues" (This may have come out in late 2000 but it can't be left off of my list for this year. Peter teams up with the Williams Brothers and goes a tad pop. Scores a minor hit with " Coulda Shoulda Woulda")

Honorable mentions to:
Lucinda Williams "Essence" --- (I listened to this a lot for a good while)
Tim McGraw "Set This Circus Down" (Slick but well done. Good songs. The other side of the country scene as opposed to Shaver or Rodney Crowell)
Glen Phillips "Abulum" (Toad The Wet Sprocket frontman goes solo. Quirky and decent.... a harbinger of what he'll deliver later)
John Hiatt "Tiki Bar" (I liked it better than the last couple of Hiatt's)

There you go. An odd list that I hope inspires you all to do some listening.
11/29/2017 5:00 PM
Bob...the group from my list I think you would really like is old 97s.
11/29/2017 5:15 PM
Yea........ thx Dino. I already do! Love the "Drag It Up" CD. But we're a few years away from that one. The Drive By Truckers release almost made my list for this year! I imagine they'll show up soon on someone's list, too! Plus we likely forgot some other good '01 releases.
11/29/2017 6:04 PM
Edit. looks like my "wylie" reference on the Dylan release was actually Dino's comment. I got confused. :-)

11/29/2017 6:08 PM
Wow. Several posts in a row without a mention of Trump@! I love it
Here's my 2002 list in no particular order:

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Wilco
The Rising - Bruce Springsteen
Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
The Last DJ - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
The Ragpicker's Dream - Mark Knopfler
Jerusalem - Steve Earle
Lost in Space - Aimee Mann
No Other Love - Chuck Prophet
The Galaxy Kings - Bob Schneider

A pretty thin year if you ask me.
11/29/2017 6:11 PM
at least 5 of those will make my list...i like chuck prophet a lot.....ill have to listen to that album.
11/29/2017 6:33 PM
I'm at 5 also.......... but I bet they ain't the same 5. :-)
11/29/2017 6:34 PM
considering there are only 9 there has to e some overlap between the two of you! Truthfully I'm not a big fan of The Rising, but like I said, I found it a thin year.
11/29/2017 7:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...104|105|106|107|108...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.