LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

I just finished watching the Ken Burns documentary "Prohibition" (2011). Man, that guy can take a topic you never thought you'd give a damn about and make it fascinating! A lot of colorful characters (both famous and not) in this 5.5 hour doc, along with the usual great commentary and archival photos and video. Highly recommended.
11/29/2017 10:55 PM
that does look very interesting and entertaining.......there must be some amazing video......id like to see him do a documentary of the bank robbers of the 30s...dillinger....bonnie and clyde......baby faced nelson......the barker gang etc with the early fbi.
11/29/2017 11:54 PM
i have an early list for 2002....i have to pare down 25......i found it to be a deep year with a big singer songwriter crop....i will have a long bubbling under list.
11/29/2017 11:55 PM
Top big name male celebrities I'd bet money on NOT getting caught up in the sex abuse stuff:

1. Tom Hanks
2. Bruce Springsteen
3. Bernie Sanders
4. Jerry Seinfeld/Larry David
5. Late nighters Colbert/Stewart/Oliver/Noah/Meyers (not as sure about Kimmel and Fallon)
11/30/2017 1:56 AM
yesterday trump calls nk kim ung a sick puppy...thats really going to hurt the guy's feelings.......everybody wants to be a puppy or a teddy bear......maybe it would be better to call him a sick lizard or a vampire bat.......can you believe that the united states has a president like trump...the rest of the world is as shocked as the 60 % of americans with brains.......in the same day the heads of state in both great britian and the netherlands treated him with disrespectful sarcasm.......he is joe dirt to the free world.....he and the republicans are now trying to bankrupt the united states....they want to dissolve our institutions and break everything apart and keep whats left for themselves......it is called a hostile takeover.

can you imagine if they spent lets say 750 billion on infastructure instead of a tax cut...... if you want to blow up the deficit at least there would be something for the money including more jobs and highways...roads.......transportation systems......money for schools and police....like bullet proof vests...........tech training..........cyber defences for business and govt and much more..........just sayin...........there was never any intention for the trump admin to do infastructure.......just part of the con job.

the greedy bastards have used trump to do their bidding...to commit their crimes against the poor and middle class because now they could.

" we must dip our beaks. "
11/30/2017 1:59 AM
maybe fallon but kimmel is a good guy.....
11/30/2017 2:16 AM
Seinfeld did date a 16-17 year old in the 1990's
11/30/2017 4:03 AM
the tax bill may have a vote tonight or tomorrow..........
11/30/2017 10:33 AM
Posted by dino27 on 11/29/2017 11:55:00 PM (view original):
i have an early list for 2002....i have to pare down 25......i found it to be a deep year with a big singer songwriter crop....i will have a long bubbling under list.
25?? I must have missed a few!
11/30/2017 12:22 PM
lol. I, like Dino, found 2002 to be a pretty strong year........ particularly for under the recognition level of releases. BTW, you guys move fast!

2002 Top ???

1. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers --- "The Last DJ" (Tom takes on the music industry, again! His extremely pointed jabs at the industry didn't help with sales on this one, BUT this is the hardest rocking release to date by the full Heartbreakers....... a GREAT rock LP. "Give me a girl, they're always the best, Put 'em on stage and have 'em undress"...... Full on in your face take on what went wrong with music in the 90's)
2. Audioslave ---- "Audioslave" (If it wasn't for the TP release this is hands down the rock release of 2002!)
3. Jackson Browne --- "The Naked Ride Home" (great songs! awesome recordings, immaculate. Jackson's best in many many years!)
4. Ryan Adams --- "Demolition" (a bare set of demos, unused on "Gold", but what songs!! Raw, and moving. Some of his best work!)
5. Rainville ---- "The Longest Street In America" (From Denver emerges a new vision of the heartland....... just not quite Americana..... which somehow works!)
6. Willie Nelson --- "Across The Great Divide" (Could say the same thing I said about Jackson's release. Lots of guest vocalists on this one from Bonnie Raitt to Kid Rock and they all work. It's the songs!! Strong material on a major effort from Willie)
7. Van Morrison ---- "Down The Road" (Van is back!! I still listen to this one a lot!)
8. Wilco --- "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" (Their best to date!)
9. Another Carnival ---- "Enjoy The Ride" (The surprise of the year for me..... produced by John Jorgenson)
10. Stephen Ashbrook --- "American B- Sides" (Phoenix singer-songwriter with the big voice hits a HR with a strong collection of songs)
11. Norah Jones ---- "Come Away With Me" (Not my desert island album pick, but my desert island companion choice. And a fine LP, too!)

Honrorable mention:

Steve Earle --- "Jerusalem" (Still great, but I liked Transcendental Blues better!)
Dixie Chicks --- "Home" (Don't scoff, there is some fine stuff on this one. Their last good one, as it turned out)

Edited to add:
"The Ragpicker's Dream" --- Mark Knopfler (This should be somewhere in the top 11!)
11/30/2017 12:52 PM (edited)
im down to 18 but i have to listen to and consider the jackson brown...dixie chicks.....audioslave
11/30/2017 1:08 PM
Save your time on the Dixie Chicks........... you won't like it I suspect.
11/30/2017 2:43 PM
Jackson Brown is talented but way too depressing
11/30/2017 5:52 PM
MY 2002 LIST - RANKED

1. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - THE RISING - rib steak
2. AIMEE MANN - LOST IN SPACE - rainbow trout
3. WILCO - YANKEE HOTEL FOXTROT - eggplant stew
4. NORAH JONES - COME AWAY WITH ME - french toast
5. RHETT MILLER - THE INSTIGATOR - gnocchis
6. TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS - THE LAST DJ - vegan turkey dinner
7. JOEY RAMONE - DONT WORRY ABOUT ME - coney island hot dogs
8. THE DONNAS - SPEND THE NIGHT - bagels and lox
9. SUPERGRASS - LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS - hot pot
10. CASEY CHAMBERS - BARRICADES AND BRICKWALLS - bailey's irish cream
11. ELVIS COSTELLO - WHEN I WAS CRUEL - hungarian goulash

some creatures from the black lagoon - the libertines - up the bracket........bryan ferry - frantic.......chris isaak - we always have tonight.......george harrison - brainwashed.........the wallflowers - red letter days.......ben kweller - sha sha.........james taylor - october road........steve earl - jerusulem...........chuck prophet - no other love.......cheryl crows - c'mon c'mon..........gemma hayes - night on my side.........spoon - kill the moonlight
12/1/2017 1:11 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...105|106|107|108|109...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.