LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

great list.....im not including the bruce album because it is really a lot of old songs.
i think it was a very good music year.
12/8/2017 1:54 PM
i deduced your pick by this logic.
you dont usually have someone who stands out so clearly so i figured it was probably someone new..... the brandi carlisle album is clearly superlative and it is an album very much up your ally......thus brandi carlisle it is
12/8/2017 2:00 PM
Good deduction. Like I said, every Brandi Carlile album since has been better than the previous one. Can't wait for her new one (due out in February, I think)
12/8/2017 2:41 PM
Posted by dino27 on 12/8/2017 1:54:00 PM (view original):
great list.....im not including the bruce album because it is really a lot of old songs.
i think it was a very good music year.
yeah, I hesitated about including the Springsteen album. You could replace it with any one of my also rans without much problem.
12/8/2017 2:44 PM
TV characters once thought funny/cool/harmless who would now be facing sexual assault/harassment charges:

Sam Malone
Hawkeye Pierce
Herb Tarlek
Jethro Bodine
Pepe Le Pew
12/8/2017 2:53 PM
great...great topic.....jethro would get off because of diminished capacity.
tony soprano gets away with it.
12/8/2017 3:02 PM
roy moore is really using the trump playbook in alabama....where incest is the law of the land.
he is cozing up to putin and slavery.....that really will strengthen his core of voters.....he is crazy like a pox....
12/8/2017 3:07 PM
Ha, diminished capacity. Sam Malone might get off as well since in the later seasons of Cheers he started going to therapy for sex addiction. And in the last few seasons of M*A*S*H Hawkeye got all feminist-y, so he's got some mitigating aces up his sleeve, too. Tarlek and Le Pew, I'm afraid, are totally screwed.

Both Tony Soprano and Don Draper came to mind when making the list, but by the time those shows aired I think the audience was meant to look at them as anti-heroes who probably should have been locked up for their treatment of women.
12/8/2017 3:11 PM
ive yet to watch mad men...i have the seasons .....i really need to get to that show......
a show that i think you could get into because it is really dark comedy is search party......you can watch the whole series free starting with the first season on tbs.
12/8/2017 3:26 PM
Nice list wylie. I believe there's an obvious reason why Ryan Adams didn't make your list. I'm curious to see your list Dino, since you think it's a really strong year. Just from looking thru my CD's I'd say '05 was kinda down for me, but I saw a LOT of strong 2006 CD's while looking for this year.

12/8/2017 3:31 PM
im down to 14 cds...then i will rank them.
12/8/2017 3:40 PM
Kind of an odd year for me somehow. Here's the list.

1. Wilco --- "Kicking Television: Live in Chicago" (I know live LP's are probably not supposed to count but C'mon!! This is a GREAT listen!)
2. Glen Phillips --- "Winter Pays For Summer" (Best solo LP to date from former Toad The Wet Sprocket frontman!)
3. Jackson Browne --- "Solo Acoustic, Vol. 1" (Solo, live in an intimate setting, Jackson covers his career, This CD captures the spontaneity superbly!)
4.. Blue Merle --- "Burning In The Sun" (I saw this band several times during 2 tours in support of this LP--even did merch for em once)
5. Paul McCartney --- "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard" (I dig this CD. I think it's his best modern release!)
6. Brandi Carlile - Brandi Carlile (This SHOULD be ranked higher but I was a tad slow catching on and didn't start listening to it much until after 2005)
7. Rodney Crowell --- "The Outsider" (Some great tracks and some a tad less great, but I saw RC tour in support of this one and he was flat awesome!!)
8. Ryan Adams --- "29" (Initially I liked the other two 2005 releases better---but this one grows on you!)
9. Ryan Adams and the Cardinals --- "Jacksonville City Nights" (swooning honkytonk taken to a new level. Almost a genre unto itself!)
10. Ryan Adams and the Cardinals --- "Cold Roses" (grateful Dead inspired rock anthems mixed with country jams and a few pop songs to flesh out a fine double LP!)

Can you imagine what a great release Ryan could have put out in 2005 had he decided to just play it safe, can the trilogy idea, and just release ONE LP of the best stuff!! But this way we get it all and I (for one) am damn glad for it. It's all really good!

Honorable mentions to:

John Prine --- "Fair and Square", Sheryl Crow --- "Wildflower", Okkervil River --- "Black Sheep Boy", and Miranda Lambert --- "Kerosene"

12/8/2017 4:12 PM
i think 29 sounds a lot like an early neil young album.
12/8/2017 4:16 PM
I think that's an apt comparison. There are other aspects to the two that are similar as well. The productivity being just one of them.
12/8/2017 4:21 PM
I like Ryan Adams but his name sounds too much like Bryan Adams!! I can't get past that!
12/8/2017 4:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...111|112|113|114|115...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.