LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

of all of the issues that divide people politically this is one issue that has no business being on the table....and fighting climate change creates jobs to boot.
8/27/2017 9:19 PM
We need a sim-related post, stat!

Who's the player you've drafted most often in your SLB career?

Mine is probably Pete Alexander, but I'm counting all 19 season I had him in a prog. If we take progs out of the equation, it's probably John McGraw.

Who's the biggest "name" player you've never used?

I can't recall ever using Dave Winfield.
8/27/2017 9:34 PM
Doc White is probably my most used Sim pitcher
8/27/2017 9:37 PM
Doc White is very underrated. I had him for most of his career in the 100 Year War prog. 38 seasons in (1901-1938) and he's still in 8th place in career wins with 221 -- more than Cy Young, Eddie Plank, Ed Walsh and a lot of other more famous names.
8/27/2017 9:43 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 8/27/2017 9:35:00 PM (view original):
We need a sim-related post, stat!

Mine is probably Pete Alexander, but I'm counting all 19 season I had him in a prog. If we take progs out of the equation, it's probably John McGraw.

I can't recall ever using Dave Winfield.

Because of the themes I play, it's gotta be Greg Maddux. As for hitters... either Chipper Jones, or Tris Speaker

If I didn't use him recently, it would've been Nolan Ryan, and I think I've used Mike Trout once... it's hard again because of the themes I usually play... hmm, I don't twist many 40s and 50s rosters outside the Tigers, and Indians so I don't think I've ever used Joe DiMaggio before.
8/27/2017 10:13 PM
definitely greg maddux.
8/27/2017 11:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by dino27 on 8/28/2017 11:49:00 AM (view original):
the white supremacists...kkk....nazis are blaming the jewish people for Harvey.
You act like it's not their fault. OPEN YOUR EYES! ITS JUST ANOTHER WAY FOR THEM TO STEAL YOUR SHEKELS!!
8/28/2017 1:05 PM
Posted by dino27 on 8/28/2017 11:49:00 AM (view original):
the white supremacists...kkk....nazis are blaming the jewish people for Harvey.
Can't recall which TV preacher it was (Falwell or Robertson or one of those weepy guys caught with hookers and coke) but I remember him blaming homosexuals for hurricanes. As in, "God's a-smitin' us fer all the sodomy!" So I don't know who to believe.

Anyway, interesting little article from the NYT today:

A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The business associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin and predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would be a political boon to Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

Denials all around, of course: “I ultimately determined that the proposal was not feasible and never agreed to make a trip to Russia,” said Cohen. Yeah, maybe, but still. What a curious thing to have proposed to you. You know, in light of where things stand now.

ETA: Looks like Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen is having a busy day.

8/28/2017 3:40 PM (edited)
Boxing no longer makes sense to me
8/28/2017 6:16 PM
8/29/2017 8:19 AM
Anyone ever hear Bob Dylan covering "The Boxer" on his critically panned album Self Portrait? He sings both Simon and Garfunkel's parts on it -- kind of badly, too, like he's making fun of the song. (It's not on youtube, unfortunately, like a lot of Dylan's tunes.) The entire album is pretty weird, sloppy and loose, but I've always had a soft spot for Dylan's non-genius efforts.

Charlie Daniels on working on that album:

"I remember one time he wanted me to do a solo. Someone said, 'How many bars? What chords?' Dylan then made a very Dylanesque statement: 'What do you want Daniels to play?' 'Well, all he can.' That was it. You just added what you thought was best and what you thought Bob wanted."
8/29/2017 11:31 AM
i never listened to that album...it did get panned......it was dylan btw who introduced the beatles to pot in 1965 and thats when the psychadelic beatles took off.....bob dylan once threw phil ochs out of a cab complaining that he was a journalist not a folksinger because he criticized the song crawl out your window.
8/29/2017 11:42 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.