LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

I would love to see more debate about the real issues that lead to these horrific tragedies. Before you guys blow me up on here, remember that I don't have an issue with banning assault weapons, but that is not going to prevent these horrific events. As I said, the VA Tech shooter killed twice as many people with 2 hand guns. Is it easier with an automatic/semi-automatic weapon? Of course, but lunatics will find a way. According to FBI data, over twice as many people are murdered by knives than they are by shotguns, rifles, and assault weapons combined. Roughly as many people are murdered by blunt objects as are murdered by shotguns, rifles, and assault weapons combined. More people are murdered per year by people who don't even have a weapon (using hands, feet, fists, ect.) than are murdered by shotguns, rifles, and assault weapons combined. In about 75% of murders by gun, the perpetrator used a hand gun. No offense to the left on here, but gun control advocates create a distraction from discussing the true causes of these heinous events.

I would love to see these teenagers marching to promote lower divorce rates and fewer absent fathers.

Also, I don't understand why the only time this topic comes up is when there is a mass shooting. 771 Chicagoans were killed in 2016. 650 Chicagoans were killed in 2017. Are black people in large cities not important enough to discuss or has it just become the norm? I don't think I have ever seen a discussion on here about how to solve black on black crime and it is very rarely discussed in other venues.
2/22/2018 1:26 AM
why do you continue to forget that the va shooter was military and the guns were semi automatics...not as you say simple handguns.....why debate something you say you agree with...there are many issues...getting rid of assault weapons is one of them..talk about your other things fine...im not going to respond to red herring statements anymore.
if it was up to me it would be difficult for anyone to get any gun but that genie is already out of the bottle thanks to the nra.
mass shootings is the issue.
2/22/2018 3:44 AM
black on black crime is a very worthy issue but lets not denigrate the 2 issues by pitting one against the other.
2/22/2018 3:49 AM
Coach KO. You are mixing oranges and apples. The vast majority of murders (by and with ANY weapon) are crimes of passion. The perp. and the victim KNOW one another. The violence is caused by anger, dissension, hatred, betrayal, etc......... BUT it's personal. Yes, a violent act of that sort does NOT depend on a military assault type weapon. A ban would do NOTHING to stop that kind of individual on individual violence.

HOWEVER, that is NOT what we're facing and trying to solve. We're talking about MASS murder, acts of violence against crowds of unknown and innocent victims by a single deranged (or NOT) person. School shootings, Country concert shootings, theater shootings, etc!!!

In THESE type of mass shootings it would be much much more difficult for these miscreants to inflict the kind of carnage that they do if they DIDN'T have access to military assault type weaponry!!! Make them use knives, handguns, brass knucks, swords, etc!!! If that is the LIMIT of their weaponry......... then YOU or I (when present within the innocent crowd) CAN and WILL stop the perp. So can any other brave individual with the training, calm, and ability to shoot straight!
2/22/2018 8:14 AM
Comrade Donny just denied saying he wants to arm teachers, despite saying it on national tv and in front of millions.
2/22/2018 8:15 AM
bronxcheer complains a lot
2/22/2018 9:07 AM
i wasnt kidding..bronxcheer and his other name are not getting on here.....for antisemitic remarks...not critical remarks about israel but antisemitic.....bronxcheer can do that in his threads...not getting back here.
2/22/2018 9:20 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/22/2018 8:14:00 AM (view original):
Coach KO. You are mixing oranges and apples. The vast majority of murders (by and with ANY weapon) are crimes of passion. The perp. and the victim KNOW one another. The violence is caused by anger, dissension, hatred, betrayal, etc......... BUT it's personal. Yes, a violent act of that sort does NOT depend on a military assault type weapon. A ban would do NOTHING to stop that kind of individual on individual violence.

HOWEVER, that is NOT what we're facing and trying to solve. We're talking about MASS murder, acts of violence against crowds of unknown and innocent victims by a single deranged (or NOT) person. School shootings, Country concert shootings, theater shootings, etc!!!

In THESE type of mass shootings it would be much much more difficult for these miscreants to inflict the kind of carnage that they do if they DIDN'T have access to military assault type weaponry!!! Make them use knives, handguns, brass knucks, swords, etc!!! If that is the LIMIT of their weaponry......... then YOU or I (when present within the innocent crowd) CAN and WILL stop the perp. So can any other brave individual with the training, calm, and ability to shoot straight!
that is precise........when the time comes talking about chicago is a very good idea......it is somewhat unique but it is not related the mass shootings.
one of the reasons mass shootings with assault wepons is so much a flashpoint now is the increasing frquency.......lets not forget orlando and las vegas were not schools.
the one thing i wish the students would stress is that it doesnt just happen at schools and they could go to other public places .

2/22/2018 9:27 AM
I would allocate more funds to law enforcement on both the state and federal level. Rather than sending bushels of $$ to the Middle East, Europe and Asia. Use those monies to fund local law enforcement.
2/22/2018 9:29 AM
if my redlining of bronxcheer offends anyone i apologize but this decision is final...everyone that participates is fantastic..we dont have to agree with each other..it is part of the beauty.
i will not allow ant-semites or racists......we all know the difference between differing political views and an ism.
btw...i have no idea what he writes in his threads...i would not dip my toe anywhere near one of his threads.
2/22/2018 9:32 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 9:29:00 AM (view original):
I would allocate more funds to law enforcement on both the state and federal level. Rather than sending bushels of $$ to the Middle East, Europe and Asia. Use those monies to fund local law enforcement.
having armed police officers in schools is a great idea..i strongly support that but there is something sick about asking teachers to be armed...i could see some small town in texas not hiring a very qualified teacher because she wouldn't carry a gun.
2/22/2018 9:38 AM
i do want to reiterate to strikeout that we should after this discussion have a talk about chicago..i agree..it is long overdue...you are very very right about that.
2/22/2018 9:40 AM
Posted by dino27 on 2/22/2018 9:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 9:29:00 AM (view original):
having armed police officers in schools is a great idea..i strongly support that but there is something sick about asking teachers to be armed...i could see some small town in texas not hiring a very qualified teacher because she wouldn't carry a gun.
Yeah, I was actually for armed teachers at first. I don't think there is anything "sick" about the idea, but teachers need to be able to focus on teaching. It most certainly would be a distraction.
2/22/2018 9:51 AM
sick in the sense of what you said...they are there to teach and should not have the burden and responsibility of possibly shooting people......it would be a sick society having things come to that point..
2/22/2018 10:32 AM
Teachers now have to be doctors. Look out for allergies, administer epi pens, etc. I cannot imagine any more burden on them. In my sleepy town the police officers mostly do nothing. Placing them in our two middle schools and one high school would not be anything that would deter them from other stuff that they do. Time to smarten up both on the state and Fed levels.
2/22/2018 10:35 AM
◂ Prev 1...246|247|248|249|250...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.