LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

the boycotting of the NRA - it is a beautiful thing.......time to take back our country........if the high school kids cant get it done maybe the 6th graders can.
2/23/2018 8:52 AM
I don't get this 2nd amendment sycophant following. I know it is in our culture but that amendment is definitely antiquated. I would let the states establish its own laws.
2/23/2018 9:09 AM
Proof positive. Calling the Constitution "antiquated"......... only a Russkie troll would support such an idea.
2/23/2018 9:35 AM
Just that amendment. Keep in mind. Back when it was written it took 30 seconds to load a rifle. Now you can fire 100 rounds in 30 seconds. It is antiquated.
2/23/2018 9:36 AM
yes and guns were really for militias......ar-15 are for army...military.....nat. guard......police.......i.e a militia.
2/23/2018 10:21 AM
i agree......the 2nd amendment is not the second commandment.......it was written by cavemen in comparison to today,s technology and local/state/federal govts...
2/23/2018 10:25 AM
Another coffee boy down! MEDIC!

Rick Gates, Trump Campaign Aide, to Plead Guilty in Mueller Inquiry and Cooperate

WASHINGTON — A former top adviser to Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign indicted by the special counsel was expected to plead guilty as soon as Friday afternoon, according to two people familiar with his plea agreement, a move that signals he is cooperating with the investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

The adviser, Rick Gates, is a longtime political consultant who once served as Mr. Trump’s deputy campaign chairman. The plea deal could be a significant development in the investigation — a sign that Mr. Gates plans to offer incriminating information against his longtime associate and the former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, or other members of the Trump campaign in exchange for a lighter punishment.

The deal comes as the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has been raising pressure on Mr. Gates and Mr. Manafort with dozens of new charges of money laundering and bank fraud that were unsealed on Thursday. Mr. Mueller first indicted both men in October, and both pleaded not guilty.

Mr. Gates’s primary concern has been protecting his family, both emotionally and financially, from the prospect of a drawn-out trial, according to a person familiar with his defense strategy who was not authorized to publicly discuss the case and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

If Mr. Manafort continues to fight the charges in a trial, testimony from Mr. Gates could give Mr. Mueller’s team a first-person account of the criminal conduct that is claimed in the indictments — a potential blow to Mr. Manafort’s defense strategy.

It was unclear exactly what Mr. Gates might have to offer the special counsel’s team, whether about Mr. Manafort or about other members of the Trump campaign. Neither indictment indicated that either Mr. Gates or Mr. Manafort had information about the central question of Mr. Mueller’s investigation — whether President Trump or his aides coordinated with the Russian government’s efforts to disrupt the 2016 election.

But Mr. Gates was present for the most significant periods of activity of the campaign, as Mr. Trump began developing policy positions and his digital operation engaged with millions of voters on platforms such as Facebook. Even after Mr. Manafort was fired by Mr. Trump in August 2016, Mr. Gates remained on in a different role, as a liaison between the campaign and the Republican National Committee. He traveled aboard the Trump plane through Election Day.

2/23/2018 10:31 AM
That sheriff's deputy who stayed outside during the school shooting? Trump piled on today and called him a "coward" who "didn't properly react under pressure."

You know Ole Bone Spurs woulda rushed into that hail of bullets with no thought for his own safety!

2/23/2018 10:41 AM
if manafort doesnt flip he will flip burgers in prison until he bops.....already 140 years....maybe he would get out when he is 135 y.o.....even with pardon there are state charges...this is just a guess but i would think that could total at least 20-30 years....so far.....maybe more.

eventually his kids will convince him to flip...esp when he sees the deal that gates will get.......im betting he will be a john dean caliber witness.
2/23/2018 11:16 AM (edited)
2nd amendment protects the right to a militia.
2/23/2018 11:16 AM
can there be any doubt that mueller is going after trump on more then obstruction.
2/23/2018 11:16 AM
It was unclear exactly what Mr. Gates might have to offer the special counsel’s team, whether about Mr. Manafort or about other members of the Trump campaign. Neither indictment indicated that either Mr. Gates or Mr. Manafort had information about the central question of Mr. Mueller’s investigation — whether President Trump or his aides coordinated with the Russian government’s efforts to disrupt the 2016 election. --- From NYT
2/23/2018 11:19 AM
every local police dept or state troopers is a militia...the second amendment wasnt contemplating the local chapter of the hell's angels.
2/23/2018 11:19 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/23/2018 11:19:00 AM (view original):
It was unclear exactly what Mr. Gates might have to offer the special counsel’s team, whether about Mr. Manafort or about other members of the Trump campaign. Neither indictment indicated that either Mr. Gates or Mr. Manafort had information about the central question of Mr. Mueller’s investigation — whether President Trump or his aides coordinated with the Russian government’s efforts to disrupt the 2016 election. --- From NYT
i think gates has some info on the campaign but mainly he will be used to pressure manafort to flip....the indictments do not imply that manafort or gates do not have any info on conspiracy/collusion......they simply state by their subject matter that the indictments do not include any relationship to those issues...indictments never exonerate.....they are limited to what they are...this is a major thing to understand.
2/23/2018 11:24 AM
OK
2/23/2018 11:27 AM
◂ Prev 1...250|251|252|253|254...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.