LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by DoctorKz on 9/25/2017 10:14:00 PM (view original):
It is amazing what people are sure of. You put much stock in what the media puts out there. You don't know the man, only what is reported.

We have pointed out his flaws. They are abundant. But you don't know the man, the love nor hate within him.

He has at least some decency within. Did you see when he not once but twice picked up the guard's hat when the wind from the helicopter blew it off? Would Obama have done that? The guy who dithered while an aide got soaking wet holding his umbrella? Actually they were Marines, in the Rose Garden, when he and Ergodan were speaking. The decent thing to do would have been to finish up inside.
https://thinkprogress.org/donald-trump-my-fans-were-right-to-beat-up-black-protester-32639e4da487/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwiV6prE48HWAhURS2MKHaY1BzMQFggrMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnewrepublic.com%2Fminutes%2F128896%2Fbeat-protester-trumps-rally-hell-cover-legal-fees&usg=AFQjCNG5Q9b9GdY7mWF3QaIOvoGj1Lk0zw

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/03/politics/donald-trump-african-american/index.html
9/25/2017 10:14 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 9/25/2017 10:14:00 PM (view original):
It is amazing what people are sure of. You put much stock in what the media puts out there. You don't know the man, only what is reported.

We have pointed out his flaws. They are abundant. But you don't know the man, the love nor hate within him.

He has at least some decency within. Did you see when he not once but twice picked up the guard's hat when the wind from the helicopter blew it off? Would Obama have done that? The guy who dithered while an aide got soaking wet holding his umbrella? Actually they were Marines, in the Rose Garden, when he and Ergodan were speaking. The decent thing to do would have been to finish up inside.
hitler had dogs.......trumps many many statements....his family and personal history........his birtherism...policies....appointments........it is easy to conclude that he is a racist.
9/25/2017 10:26 PM
His remarks went too far. Saying to defend themselves, yes. Nothing more. I give you that one. The guy says dumb stuff. He needs to be on higher ground than that. It aggravates me very much.
9/25/2017 10:27 PM
if i dropped onto planet earth from somewhere else i would find it very dubious to believe that trump is sincere about the flag....anthem.....vets etc when he had the evil temerity to belittle john mccain because he was a pow.......nope...i dont believe trump... he is.just an evil cynical racist exploiting his flock and showering them with his evil......some of them will one day wake up in shock that they let themselves be moved by his dangerous and intentionally devisive darkness.
9/25/2017 10:45 PM
Well put, dino. The New Yorker article I posted a couple pages ago alludes to this cynicism, calling Trump "a small man with a fetish for the symbols of democracy and a bottomless hostility for the actual practice of it."
9/25/2017 11:14 PM
that is a hall of fame quote.
9/25/2017 11:19 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 9/25/2017 11:14:00 PM (view original):
Well put, dino. The New Yorker article I posted a couple pages ago alludes to this cynicism, calling Trump "a small man with a fetish for the symbols of democracy and a bottomless hostility for the actual practice of it."
i would like to see ivanka's bottomless hostility.
9/25/2017 11:23 PM
i went to a korean buffet and the waitress told me that all options were on the table.
9/25/2017 11:43 PM
id like to make one comment on this taking of the knee issue....i dont see it as disrespectful to flag or country....taking the knee is a form of supplication...it would make MLK proud....it is almost prayer....i see it as a very very respectful form of protest that combines respect for the anthem.....that is how i see it...honestly.
9/26/2017 10:43 AM
That's how I see it too, and that seems to be exactly how Kaepernick and his teammate who joined him, Eric Reid, see it. Here's Reid writing in the NYT:

After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former N.F.L. player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, the next day during the anthem as a peaceful protest. We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.

It baffles me that our protest is still being misconstrued as disrespectful to the country, flag and military personnel. We chose it because it’s exactly the opposite. It has always been my understanding that the brave men and women who fought and died for our country did so to ensure that we could live in a fair and free society, which includes the right to speak out in protest.

It should go without saying that I love my country and I’m proud to be an American. But, to quote James Baldwin, “exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.”

It reminds me of something I heard in the Ken Burns Vietnam doc, where one of the veterans said (paraphrasing), "What the hell does 'my country right or wrong' mean anyway? I want my country to be right. I won't stand for it being wrong."

9/26/2017 10:54 AM
that is a great article.......it is a shame there is no focus on how the and why the kneeling was chosen.....what a shame but so par for the course.
9/26/2017 11:03 AM
'War hero' trump refused to serve in the military and criticized John McCain, thanks for pointing that out DIno
9/26/2017 11:05 AM
thanks..........how can one make such an atrocious vile comment against a guy who went through years of torture and lost the use of an arm and then serves with distinction as a senator... be believed to be patriotic.....give me a break.
9/26/2017 11:09 AM
there have been many but the mccain comment was a truly defining moment for me about who trump is...he is a hater and respects no one and nothing....plain and simple...it may take a year or 2 or 3 but in time people will look back and say this guy was brimming with hatred and that hatred spread.
9/26/2017 11:12 AM
◂ Prev 1...38|39|40|41|42...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.