LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by DougOut on 4/22/2018 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Interesting. Could you please post the scientific information (Paper) that irrefutably connects carbon emissions with global warming?

Did you know we are back to 1992 emission levels? I wonder where the Russians and Chinese and Indians are.

ANYWAYS...I could use your help. I can't find the current climate model the scientists are using. Is it just scientists or is it government scientists? I wish THEY would explain it better. You would think they would on such an important issue.

ANYWAYS...Where can I find that model? Can you post it? Does it incorporate moisture into its calculations. Are we using the same model as we did 20 years ago? Why isn't it a whole lot hotter by now? Do all the scientists agree or just some? What do the other scientists say?

WELL...that's a lot of questions. I'd be VERY content if you could just post the model or at least tell me where to fine it. Surely it's not a secret.

THANKS!
https://www.skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-co2-enhanced-greenhouse-effect.htm
4/22/2018 1:49 PM
Thanks. Been there...mentioned it above. Also Aurora is one of the places I've been. It's incorporated in either the NOAA or NIWA.

Either way, I have yet to see mention of H2o as a factor in their computations.

I do know this...they are careful to admit they are unsure. There have been at least 6 major models used since the 1980's and they will continue to change. I also know there is a lot of science talk in there I will not even pretend to understand. I also know they have their detractors who say the models are wrong. I am going to look into a few of them. One has a new book out. I'll see if I can find it. I know a lot of guaranteed government money is involved worldwide. Just saying. It also seem there is a general agreement the aggregate world temp has risen just under 1 degree over the past 140 years. My question is this:

WHAT is the normal temp? What is normal. We've been through ice ages and dinosaurs without human existence. We only have a very short period where we have temperatures recorded. VERY SHORT. It would be wise to keep an eye on it. AND we've also heard horror stories from non-scientists like AL GORE telling us all the fish would be dead by now and we'ed be under water.

We'll keep an eye on it.
4/22/2018 2:10 PM
Doug is great....dont let anyone say that he doesnt have a true sense of humor.
on temp....from what ive read the fluxuation is considered extreme......the melting in anartica is expected to raise the water levels by 3 inches-a lot causing more moisture which leads to more severe hurricanes and flooding.
i do trust the conclusions of nasa...if they are smart enough to fake a moon landing i think we should respect them now.
4/22/2018 2:16 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/22/2018 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Thanks. Been there...mentioned it above. Also Aurora is one of the places I've been. It's incorporated in either the NOAA or NIWA.

Either way, I have yet to see mention of H2o as a factor in their computations.

I do know this...they are careful to admit they are unsure. There have been at least 6 major models used since the 1980's and they will continue to change. I also know there is a lot of science talk in there I will not even pretend to understand. I also know they have their detractors who say the models are wrong. I am going to look into a few of them. One has a new book out. I'll see if I can find it. I know a lot of guaranteed government money is involved worldwide. Just saying. It also seem there is a general agreement the aggregate world temp has risen just under 1 degree over the past 140 years. My question is this:

WHAT is the normal temp? What is normal. We've been through ice ages and dinosaurs without human existence. We only have a very short period where we have temperatures recorded. VERY SHORT. It would be wise to keep an eye on it. AND we've also heard horror stories from non-scientists like AL GORE telling us all the fish would be dead by now and we'ed be under water.

We'll keep an eye on it.
There is no 'normal'. You are missing the point.
4/22/2018 2:36 PM
Dino is great...don't let anyone say that he doesn't have a true sense of humor.
on temp...he doesn't give one source....the melting in Antartica was investigated by a science ship which was trapped in ice overnight...then the ice breaker sent to rescue it was trapped in ice. Finally, a third ice breaker was sent in to rescue the first ice breaker, meanwhile the scientists were helicoptered out to safety while a skeleton crew remained on board.

Propagandized Millennials Scared to Death of a Melting Glacier in the Antarctic

May 13, 2014 … there. There was so much more ice than they thought was there, that they got trapped. So did two icebreakers, including a ChiCom icebreaker! They got trapped down there trying …

Obama told nasa he could no longer afford them and to forget about the moon. He told them to monitor the weather instead. I think it's TRUMP that has them going back into outer space.
4/22/2018 3:09 PM
try scotch on the rocks......great ice breaker.
whats a better distraction then to send all the science into outer space.
4/22/2018 3:56 PM
Brief NYT video on climate change

"The fight against climate change is a nonpartisan issue across the globe except, of course, in the United States"
4/22/2018 5:26 PM
I would be interested in knowing what steps India, China and Russia have taken. Without any evidence readily at hand, I would think the United States has done more than the other three combined.
4/22/2018 5:46 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/22/2018 5:46:00 PM (view original):
I would be interested in knowing what steps India, China and Russia have taken. Without any evidence readily at hand, I would think the United States has done more than the other three combined.
WHY DOES IT MATTER?
4/22/2018 6:18 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/22/2018 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Dino is great...don't let anyone say that he doesn't have a true sense of humor.
on temp...he doesn't give one source....the melting in Antartica was investigated by a science ship which was trapped in ice overnight...then the ice breaker sent to rescue it was trapped in ice. Finally, a third ice breaker was sent in to rescue the first ice breaker, meanwhile the scientists were helicoptered out to safety while a skeleton crew remained on board.

Propagandized Millennials Scared to Death of a Melting Glacier in the Antarctic

May 13, 2014 … there. There was so much more ice than they thought was there, that they got trapped. So did two icebreakers, including a ChiCom icebreaker! They got trapped down there trying …

Obama told nasa he could no longer afford them and to forget about the moon. He told them to monitor the weather instead. I think it's TRUMP that has them going back into outer space.
SEA ICE IS DISAPPEARING. This is measurable and a scientific fact. The issue is ocean rise. No one cares about polar bears...
4/22/2018 6:21 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 4/22/2018 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Brief NYT video on climate change

"The fight against climate change is a nonpartisan issue across the globe except, of course, in the United States"
Vox did a video on how Republicans flipped on climate during the Obama years.. Sad how we have managed to politicize scientific facts.
4/22/2018 6:23 PM
tangplay continues to illustrate his absolute dumbassery. Cannot make this stuff up.
4/22/2018 6:29 PM
Sea ice 2010: 3.1 mil SQ miles
Sea ice 2017: 4.8mil SQ Miles

tangplay is an idiot
4/22/2018 6:32 PM

Record breaking cold so far for April 2018

http://www.wnem.com/story/38005695/record-breaking-cold-so-far-for-april-2018
4/22/2018 6:33 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/22/2018 6:32:00 PM (view original):
Sea ice 2010: 3.1 mil SQ miles
Sea ice 2017: 4.8mil SQ Miles

tangplay is an idiot
https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/arctic-sea-ice/

Sea ice 1980: 7.9 mil sq KM
Sea ice 1990: 6.30 mil sq KM
Sea ice 2000: 6.40 mil sq KM
Sea ice 2010: 4.90 mil sq KM
Sea ice 2017: 4.80 mil sq KM

I have no idea where your info came from.
4/22/2018 6:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...409|410|411|412|413...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.