LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 9:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 9:48:00 AM (view original):
Btw Alabama and Mississippi banned To Kill A Mockingbird and Mississippi banned Coming Of Age in Mississippi.... But nooooo, it is Democrats supporting race wars...

They banned it because the 'N word' was in it! LMAO!
Didn't they ban Beauty and the Beast movie too?
To be fair, in Beauty and the Beast, Gaston is in his late 20's and Belle is 17, I think. But I didn't hear about that.
It was because one of the guys was dancing with another guy in the end. I didn't see the movie so I don't know. My kids saw it and liked it.
Oh, the gay reveal at the end? Yeah that had some controversy. Pretty dumb reason to ban something.

Not as dumb as banning a book for having the n word in it.
4/30/2018 9:57 AM
Subjective
4/30/2018 9:59 AM
What is?
4/30/2018 9:59 AM
Me:
  1. Support free market capitalism with some regulation
  2. My philosophy on politics mirrors that of the founding fathers. Such as Electoral College. By the People for the People.
  3. Private Property is a basic essence.
  4. Pro secularism, freedom of expression, speech, and the press.
  5. Small Government with heavy military spend.
  6. Promotes programs to help those in need to educate themselves and get out of poverty.
  7. Immigration is a privilege not a right.
tangplay:
  1. Supports free market capitalism with more regulations to stop income inequality. Aka Whites are too rich.
  2. Believes individual liberty must also require social justice and equality, with the government being the main tool to address these problems as such he is for Big Government.
  3. Private Property is a basic essence but you need to pay more if you live in a white community
  4. Wants to Eliminate the Electoral College
  5. Promotes welfare programs that act as safety nets for the poor.
  6. Open up the doors and help all who want to be helped.
  7. Promotes secularism, freedom of expression, speech, and the press unless he sees it as not adhering to numbers 1-6.
4/30/2018 10:07 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 9:59:00 AM (view original):
What is?
"Banning a book is dumber than banning a movie"

Opinions vary. Neither should be banned IMO. Censorship for the most part is stupid.
4/30/2018 10:09 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Me:
  2. My philosophy on politics mirrors that of the founding fathers. Such as Electoral College. By the People for the People.
  6. Promotes programs to help those in need to educate themselves and get out of poverty.
tangplay:
  1. Supports free market capitalism with more regulations to stop income inequality. Aka Whites are too rich.
  2. Believes individual liberty must also require social justice and equality, with the government being the main tool to address these problems as such he is for Big Government.
  3. Private Property is a basic essence but you need to pay more if you live in a white community
  7. Promotes secularism, freedom of expression, speech, and the press unless he sees it as not adhering to numbers 1-6.
Yeah, no. 3-5 is wrong.

3. Private property is a basic essence.
4. Wants to adjust the electoral college.
5. Promotes programs that equalize opportunity.

7. Promotes secularism, freedom of expression, speech, and the press.

Also whites are not too rich.
4/30/2018 10:12 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 10:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 9:59:00 AM (view original):
What is?
"Banning a book is dumber than banning a movie"

Opinions vary. Neither should be banned IMO. Censorship for the most part is stupid.
Yep. It is subjective. I agree with you.
4/30/2018 10:13 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 10:13:00 AM (view original):
Me:
tangplay:
Yeah, no. 3-5 is wrong.

So now you are shifting away from your white privilege mantra? You were beating that drum for how long?
4/30/2018 10:14 AM
to cccp
from one jew to another.
i completely believe that the creation of Israel by the united nations was legal, ethical and moral......zero issue for me...zero.
but how can a jew support the creation of Israel following the holocaust and yet not support affirmative action for african americans which is partially for reparations and for restoration.
i just dont get it.
4/30/2018 10:24 AM
  1. Because to me it automatically shows that AA are inferior to whites. In Russia my parents passports were stamped as "Jew". They had to do BETTER than non Jews to get into the best schools and jobs. And they did. I think that all people are created equal and I HATE race based programs. HATE. DESPISE. ABHOR.
  2. Slavery was awful, evil and atrocious. Just unforgivable. Slavery is long over. If you ask AA persons if they would rather live in the US despite what their ancestors went through or live in Africa, they would choose the US 99x out of 100.
  3. I NEVER look at at color. Never ever. But affirmative action forces me to and I hate it for it. I want the best candidate no matter the race, color or gender. I don't want to hire Asian Americans because I have to but because I WANT TO. I don't want to not hire a qualified white candidate because of some dumb quota.
  4. To me Affirmative Action causes reverse discrimination. I will never support it. The equality need to be organic not forced. Imagine if we had this in the NBA? The best players could not be on teams because we had a race quota. That is abominable.
4/30/2018 10:31 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Me:
tangplay:
Yeah, no. 3-5 is wrong.

So now you are shifting away from your white privilege mantra? You were beating that drum for how long?
You are privledged to be white. That does not mean discriminating against white people by taking away money or anything. Equalize opportunity, not outcome.
4/30/2018 10:40 AM
CC- horridly wrong stuff tome.
jews were never slaves in the united states.
being jewish in the united states was a disadvantage but being white was an advantage.
on a scale of 1-10 compared to african american discrimination you have 1-10 if even a one.
jews always were fine in the north.

i dont get what you are saying.
affirmative action has worked...it is on the decline now for african americans and is working for other groups now as well
4/30/2018 10:50 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Me:
tangplay:
Yeah, no. 3-5 is wrong.

You are privledged to be white. That does not mean discriminating against white people by taking away money or anything. Equalize opportunity, not outcome.
Your rhetoric is borderline dangerous if not racist.
4/30/2018 10:52 AM
Posted by dino27 on 4/30/2018 10:50:00 AM (view original):
CC- horridly wrong stuff tome.
jews were never slaves in the united states.
being jewish in the united states was a disadvantage but being white was an advantage.
on a scale of 1-10 compared to african american discrimination you have 1-10 if even a one.
jews always were fine in the north.

i dont get what you are saying.
affirmative action has worked...it is on the decline now for african americans and is working for other groups now as well
I said IN RUSSIA. In Russia Jews were treated as 2nd class people and many still persevered. You don't get it because you refuse to read what I wrote. So I wrote like three paragraphs and nothing I wrote resonated at all. I think affirmative action has further divided this country.

Over time, it has become a political lightning rod and one of our most divisive social policies.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/10/the-painful-truth-about-affirmative-action/263122/
4/30/2018 10:56 AM
Posted by crazystengel on 4/30/2018 8:56:00 AM (view original):
dino, I mentioned Pecker/Cohen/Trump on the previous page. You've got this habit lately of repeating my posts, one day later!

Here's Tom Tomorrow on Trump's glorious Fox & Friends interview last week:
i was just taking the story to the logical and ultimate conclusion - that trump - hand in hand with pecker were showing through the piece that trump has decided that cohen is flipping and has started the war on cohen's character.
i should add that the attack will harden cohen's heart and give him more peace of mind to flip.
4/30/2018 10:58 AM
◂ Prev 1...435|436|437|438|439...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.