LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

For those in favor of AA (for any race or group), what % of a person's lineage qualifies them? Do they need to be 50%, 25%, or what? How do employers verify this?
4/30/2018 10:59 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 10:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 10:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Me:
  1. Support free market capitalism with some regulation
  2. My philosophy on politics mirrors that of the founding fathers. Such as Electoral College. By the People for the People.
  3. Private Property is a basic essence.
  4. Pro secularism, freedom of expression, speech, and the press.
  5. Small Government with heavy military spend.
  6. Promotes programs to help those in need to educate themselves and get out of poverty.
  7. Immigration is a privilege not a right.
tangplay:
  1. Supports free market capitalism with more regulations to stop income inequality. Aka Whites are too rich.
  2. Believes individual liberty must also require social justice and equality, with the government being the main tool to address these problems as such he is for Big Government.
  3. Private Property is a basic essence but you need to pay more if you live in a white community
  4. Wants to Eliminate the Electoral College
  5. Promotes welfare programs that act as safety nets for the poor.
  6. Open up the doors and help all who want to be helped.
  7. Promotes secularism, freedom of expression, speech, and the press unless he sees it as not adhering to numbers 1-6.
Yeah, no. 3-5 is wrong.

3. Private property is a basic essence.
4. Wants to adjust the electoral college.
5. Promotes programs that equalize opportunity.

7. Promotes secularism, freedom of expression, speech, and the press.

Also whites are not too rich.
So now you are shifting away from your white privilege mantra? You were beating that drum for how long?
You are privledged to be white. That does not mean discriminating against white people by taking away money or anything. Equalize opportunity, not outcome.
Your rhetoric is borderline dangerous if not racist.
Wait, what? Why?
4/30/2018 11:02 AM
most russian jews fled to israel and united states until soviet union/russia had to pull back discrimination and i dont see what happenned in russia has anything to do with slavery of african americans in the usa.
im sure that the kkk doesnt like affirmative action...the anti defamation league and other such organizations support it.
it doesnt divide people who support it.
4/30/2018 11:05 AM
Posted by dino27 on 4/30/2018 11:05:00 AM (view original):
most russian jews fled to israel and united states until soviet union/russia had to pull back discrimination and i dont see what happenned in russia has anything to do with slavery of african americans in the usa.
im sure that the kkk doesnt like affirmative action...the anti defamation league and other such organizations support it.
it doesnt divide people who support it.
hardly anyone even thinks about it anymore.
4/30/2018 11:06 AM
Most or some? I cannot have this conversation when it is so one way. You ignored 99% of my post. This is yet another reason why this country is so divided. I volunteer for the Anti Defamation League in MA and most of my cohorts are very much anti Affirmative Action. What happened in Russia and Europe was that Jews were treated as 2nd class citizens and they still persevered. I already addressed slavery.

This is unbelievably disappointing.
4/30/2018 11:19 AM
You ignored my entire post, Comrade.
4/30/2018 11:26 AM
cohorts might be the right word....i am guilty for glazing over attacks on affimative action..i can agree with the premise that if it hurts members of certain groups that it be considered a " necessary evil " but necessary it has been and continues to be. and i will never consider to be actually evil......i think it is very very noble.
4/30/2018 11:52 AM
after being shunned at barbara bush's funeral i would think trump will be excluded for sen. mccain as well.
trumpersona au gratin.
4/30/2018 11:56 AM
Israel is announcing today that if iran missles and their supported groups keep firing at Israel then Israel will not hesitate to bomb Iran...thats absolutely great but shouldn't Netanyahu be thanking Obama that iran doesnt have any nukes now to fire at Israel......it sure helps Israel.
4/30/2018 12:32 PM
Me:
  2. My philosophy on politics mirrors that of the founding fathers. Such as Electoral College. By the People for the People.
  6. Promotes programs to help those in need to educate themselves and get out of poverty.
tangplay:
  1. Supports free market capitalism with more regulations to stop income inequality. Aka Whites are too rich.
  2. Believes individual liberty must also require social justice and equality, with the government being the main tool to address these problems as such he is for Big Government.
  3. Private Property is a basic essence but you need to pay more if you live in a white community
  7. Promotes secularism, freedom of expression, speech, and the press unless he sees it as not adhering to numbers 1-6.
Yeah, no. 3-5 is wrong.

So now you are shifting away from your white privilege mantra? You were beating that drum for how long?
You are privledged to be white. That does not mean discriminating against white people by taking away money or anything. Equalize opportunity, not outcome.
No, he is not privileged to be white. He (and others) may be given some privileges because they are white (although cccp insists there is no such thing as white privilege, (but as I've mentioned before, the only people I've ever heard say there is no such thing as white privilege are white.) but theye are not the same thing.
I agree with cccp regarding affirmative action. The job should go to the best qualified person, regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation (or any other basis).
4/30/2018 12:32 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 4/30/2018 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Me:
tangplay:
Yeah, no. 3-5 is wrong.

No, he is not privileged to be white. He (and others) may be given some privileges because they are white (although cccp insists there is no such thing as white privilege, (but as I've mentioned before, the only people I've ever heard say there is no such thing as white privilege are white.) but theye are not the same thing.
I agree with cccp regarding affirmative action. The job should go to the best qualified person, regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation (or any other basis).
That's a better way of wording it.
4/30/2018 12:39 PM
Me:
tangplay:
Yeah, no. 3-5 is wrong.

affirmative action is used mostly in college applications but to some extent in the workforce......it is one of the reasons we have such an assimilated country.
4/30/2018 12:56 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/30/2018 10:59:00 AM (view original):
For those in favor of AA (for any race or group), what % of a person's lineage qualifies them? Do they need to be 50%, 25%, or what? How do employers verify this?
At least the third time I've asked this in these Forums, and not once have I gotten even an attempted answer. Why? Because there is none. Nobody knows what % a person needs to have in their history to be a minority. Since nobody knows that, who knows who is a minority and who isn't? If nobody knows who is a minority and who isn't, how can AA "work"?
4/30/2018 5:02 PM
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 11:26:00 AM (view original):
You ignored my entire post, Comrade.

What post was that? Do not call me comrade. It means "friend" and we are far from friends. Learn what you type.
4/30/2018 5:08 PM
Me:
tangplay:
Yeah, no. 3-5 is wrong.

Thank you, wylie.
4/30/2018 5:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...436|437|438|439|440...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.