LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

koufax was 18 as a rookie...he should have been in the minors 2-3 seasons.
8/30/2017 6:25 PM
According to b-r.com he was 19 and a half when he made his MLB debut. I'm not talking about his first couple seasons, anyway (the Dodgers were forced to keep him up because of "bonus baby" rules -- probably all concerned would have preferred that Koufax be in the minors for a couple seasons). I was referring more to his 4th, 5th, 6th seasons. By many accounts (not just Koufax's), Alston did not use him wisely.
8/30/2017 6:38 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 8/30/2017 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Anybody ever spend the night in a dirty motel, and then you discover later that you brought bedbugs home with you? I'm not sure why I'm thinking of that right now...

Anyway, there was another writer who used to (and maybe still?) plays here, Neal Pollack. He wrote an article about this site for the NYT in 2007:

Shut Me In for the Ballgame
Never saw this before, but's a good article and one speaking to the addictive nature of the website. Is he still around the site?
8/30/2017 7:31 PM
if there is one thing that i would change if it was possible would be the time of the games.......the morning game should be 1220 am instead of 120 am edt......
8/30/2017 7:57 PM
i guess even in sim there can be stalking....im hoping this will soon come to an end.
8/30/2017 10:54 PM
it should be time now after Katrina and Sandy and Harvey and the others that homes and structures in the very vulnerable areas like houston and new orleans be built strong enough and especially high enough over the ground to not be flooded.......it should be state and federal law.
there will be thousands of people living in shelters for months after the storm is over....maybe more then a year.
8/31/2017 9:34 AM
Posted by dino27 on 8/31/2017 9:34:00 AM (view original):
it should be time now after Katrina and Sandy and Harvey and the others that homes and structures in the very vulnerable areas like houston and new orleans be built strong enough and especially high enough over the ground to not be flooded.......it should be state and federal law.
there will be thousands of people living in shelters for months after the storm is over....maybe more then a year.
Most are. While it is hard to prepare for 50 inches of rain in 3 days, the way Houston is designed is that the houses are built higher, so the water floods in the streets, and not the houses. Really only poor people with older homes were affected by the floods. The only exception I can think is that they are about to release the water in the Barker Reservoir because they fear the water pressure would crack it and lead to an uncontrolled flood. I mean, while all those pictures of how bad the flooding was we're going around, I was still able to drive around (in my truck) and most places were still open. The "newer" areas are already like that.
8/31/2017 10:59 AM
Maybe that's a little ignorant to say. But even with a year's worth of rain in 3 days, my area wasn't affected except for a couple entrance ramps being blocked off. Guess all that water had to go somewhere, oh well, sucks to be them
8/31/2017 11:09 AM
you are very lucky, D.....i did not know that most of the newer homes are built higher.......this was the 2nd major flooding in 5 years i think....houston is a beautiful sprawling metropolis...i was there a few years ago.....i also was in san antonio and saw the alamo.
8/31/2017 11:39 AM
i guess the new takeaway is to better safeguard refineries and chemical plants or move them to safer locations.
8/31/2017 11:44 AM
I see a lot of stories today on the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. I remember a magazine at the time publishing reactions from celebrities. One of them was billionaire real estate developer Donald Trump, who said, "My biggest regret is I never got a chance to woo her."

August 31, 1997 -- a tragic day for Donald J. Trump.
8/31/2017 12:51 PM
thats more then he has said about the victims of Harvey...sad to say.
8/31/2017 1:12 PM
Who doesn't love a "Big Kahuna-style" team? For the greenhorns out there, that's an all-hit, no-pitch lineup usually housed in Coors or another hitting park.

There's a classic of the genre playing right now in my 1939 progressive: $62M spent on bats, $20M on arms, home park Wrigley. Through 100 games, the team's first in runs (813) and last in runs allowed (796). That's about 8 runs scored and 8 allowed every game.

Right now, this team is one game out of a playoff spot. Only two teams in this 12-team league make the playoffs, meaning they're only one game out of a World Series appearance.
8/31/2017 1:17 PM
whats the record.
8/31/2017 1:25 PM
54-46.

Only 1186 drafted innings (a few more from below average AAA) and of the pitchers drafted only one has an ERC+ above 100: Joe Haynes, who's barely over 100 (103). So it's a pitching staff that's got no quality or quantity.
8/31/2017 1:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.