5. SQUEEZE - ARGYBARGY
6. DAVID BOWIE - SCARY MONSTERS.....
7. THE RAMONES - END OF THE CENTURY
8. THE JAM - SOUND AFFECTS
9. JOHN LENNON/YOKO ONO - DOUBLE FANTASY
10. TALKING HEADS - REMAIN IN LIGHT
10/16/2017 9:27 PM
A few more good ones from 1980:

Tom Waits - Heartattack and Vine (title song and "Jersey Girl")
The Beat - I Just Can't Stop It ("Mirror in the Bathroom," "Twist and Crawl" and "Tears of a Clown")
B-52's - Wild Planet ("Private Idaho" and "Give Me Back My Man")
10/16/2017 10:12 PM
i have the B-52s at # 16.
10/16/2017 10:18 PM
Neil Young's Hawks & Doves is an interesting 1980 release. I'm not a fan of most of the tunes, but two I really like:

"Captain Kennedy"

"Lost in Space"
10/16/2017 10:28 PM
ill have to listen to it..i never heard the whole album.
10/16/2017 10:34 PM
Side one is the good side.
10/16/2017 10:39 PM
Posted by dino27 on 10/16/2017 4:48:00 PM (view original):
trump the despicable despot 's ending of subsidies will result in higher premiums starting within 2 weeks.......watch and wait......today he lied about other presidents and families of fallen soldiers......the man is pure evil......

Here's NBA coach Gregg Popovich on Trump's claim that other presidents didn't call families of fallen soldiers (I think Obama was the only one Trump named -- for some reason!):

Maybe it was bald-faced nature of this lie. Maybe it is Pop’s own history in the military, but the coach clearly had to vent. He said, “I want to say something, and please just let me talk, and please make sure this is on the record.”

Here is what he said:

“I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this president had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families are so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.”

At this point, Coach Pop paused, and I thought for a moment that perhaps he didn’t have the words and the conversation would end. Then he took a breath and said:

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner—and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers—is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office, and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this president should be ashamed, because they know better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.”

Then he said, “Bye, Dave.” And that was it. Should be one hell of an NBA season.

Anybody else read that and feel the urge to applaud? Or is it just me?

10/16/2017 11:44 PM
im applauding with my hands and my feet.......the chorus is getting louder and louder....i think something happened after Puerto Rico and what was already hell has gone past hell and the whole sane part of the country is feeling it together.
10/16/2017 11:49 PM
wishful thinking, dino. Trump supporters are still Trump supporters for the most part. The ones who know he is a self-serving con man knew it before he was elected.
10/17/2017 12:36 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by dino27 on 10/16/2017 9:27:00 PM (view original):
1980 TOP 10 LIST RANKED

1. THE CLASH - SANDINISTA
2. ELVIS COSTELLO - GET HAPPY
3. X - LOS ANGELES
4. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - THE RIVER
5. SQUEEZE - ARGYBARGY
6. DAVID BOWIE - SCARY MONSTERS.....
7. THE RAMONES - END OF THE CENTURY
8. THE JAM - SOUND AFFECTS
9. JOHN LENNON/YOKO ONO - DOUBLE FANTASY
10. TALKING HEADS - REMAIN IN LIGHT
You included X and John Lennon over the Pretenders? I also don't see Split Enz or Adam Ant.

Yeah ok.
10/17/2017 7:22 AM
Trump quote of the day, on GOP failures: "We're not getting the job done. And I'm not going to blame myself, I'll be honest."

One of the few Trump quotes that's factually airtight. Nope, not getting the job done, and nope, he's not going to blame himself.
10/17/2017 9:26 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/17/2017 12:36:00 AM (view original):
wishful thinking, dino. Trump supporters are still Trump supporters for the most part. The ones who know he is a self-serving con man knew it before he was elected.
....im saying the seriousness of the sane people is intensifying and consolidating and some republican members of congress are also coming around.
10/17/2017 12:38 PM (edited)
destroyer by the Kinks was 1980 and a good album for sure.
10/17/2017 9:44 AM
from my music list if you love raw rock and roll and the big 4 you should hear X and The Jam.
X was dubbed the new Doors and was loved by Ray Manzerick.
The Jam were a cross between The Who and The Kinks and were more popular in England then The Police....their greatest album was Setting Sons....best single was Going Underground.
10/17/2017 12:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...64|65|66|67|68...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.