LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

My top 10 for 1983 (I probably missed a few)
In no particular order

Synchronicity - The Police
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
An Innocent Man - Billy Joel
Sports - Huey Lewis and the News
The Principle of Moments - Robert Plant
Bad Influence - Robert Cray Band
State of Confusion - The Kinks
Field Day - Marshall Crenshaw
Hand of Kindness - Richard Thompson
Riding With the King - John Hiatt
10/20/2017 1:37 PM
very nice list...very eclectic.......ill have my list probably tonight.
10/20/2017 1:42 PM
If you like communist troubadours, there's Billy Bragg's first release, Life's a Riot with Spy vs Spy (best-known song "New England"). Also:

Tom Waits -- Swordfishtrombones
Violent Femmes -- Violent Femmes
10/20/2017 1:50 PM
i have 30 albums to pare down to 10.
10/20/2017 2:12 PM
Trump has dragged John Kelly down to his level. He's like a reverse Midas. Everyone he touches turns to ****.

After Video Refutes Kelly’s Charges, Congresswoman Raises Issue of Race

WASHINGTON — Video of a 2015 speech delivered by Representative Frederica S. Wilson revealed Friday that John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff, misrepresented her remarks when he accused her of bragging about securing $20 million for a South Florida F.B.I. building and twisting President Barack Obama’s arm.

Ms. Wilson, in an interview on Friday, called Mr. Kelly a liar and hinted strongly that the altercation, prompted by a call from President Trump to the widow of a fallen black soldier, was racially charged.

“The White House itself is full of white supremacists,” she said.

Mr. Kelly, escalating a feud between Mr. Trump and Ms. Wilson, had cast the congresswoman on Thursday as a publicity-seeking opportunist. However, the video, released by The Sun Sentinel, a newspaper in South Florida, showed that during her nine-minute speech, Ms. Wilson never took credit for getting the money for the building, only for helping pass legislation naming the building after two fallen federal agents.

She never mentioned pleading with Mr. Obama, and she acknowledged the help of several Republicans, including John A. Boehner, then the House speaker; Representatives Mario Diaz-Balart and Carlos Curbelo; and Senator Marco Rubio.

“I feel very sorry for him because he feels such a need to lie on me and I’m not even his enemy,” Ms. Wilson said of Mr. Kelly. “I just can’t even imagine why he would fabricate something like that. That is absolutely insane. I’m just flabbergasted because it’s very easy to trace.”

10/20/2017 6:33 PM
emmett kelly.
10/20/2017 7:21 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1983 LIST RANKED

1. MADONNA - MADONNA - ma starts off with a supernova worthy of elvis p.
2. R. E. M. - MURMUR - other worldly rock and roll from dimension x.
3. RANDY NEWMAN - TROUBLE IN PARADISE - i know, right ?
4. THE ROLLING STONES - UNDERCOVER - still amazing in their 3rd decade.
5. THE POLICE - SYCHRONICITY - it is the jam in the uk but the police in the usa.
6. ELVIS COSTELLO - PUNCH THE CLOCK - a few ill advised song choices but the rest is regal...elvis is still king.
7. X - MORE FUN IN THE NEW WORLD - i saw X two years ago and i fixed their sound during the concert.
8. VIOLENT FEMMES - VIOLENT FEMMES - a perfect name for sjpoker the little twerp.
9. BILLY IDOL - REBEL YELL - ready steady go.
10. TALKING HEADS - SPEAKING IN TONGUES - nearing the end of a great run.
10/20/2017 11:33 PM
Wow, I think you like the Stones more than I do -- and I love them! Undercover was the last straw for me, in terms of studio albums. I never bought another one after that.

I don't think 1983 was a strong year, at least not compared to the other years covered so far....
10/21/2017 12:31 AM
Posted by dino27 on 10/20/2017 11:34:00 PM (view original):
1983 LIST RANKED

1. MADONNA - MADONNA - ma starts off with a supernova worthy of elvis p.
2. R. E. M. - MURMUR - other worldly rock and roll from dimension x.
3. RANDY NEWMAN - TROUBLE IN PARADISE - i know, right ?
4. THE ROLLING STONES - UNDERCOVER - still amazing in their 3rd decade.
5. THE POLICE - SYCHRONICITY - it is the jam in the uk but the police in the usa.
6. ELVIS COSTELLO - PUNCH THE CLOCK - a few ill advised song choices but the rest is regal...elvis is still king.
7. X - MORE FUN IN THE NEW WORLD - i saw X two years ago and i fixed their sound during the concert.
8. VIOLENT FEMMES - VIOLENT FEMMES - a perfect name for sjpoker the little twerp.
9. BILLY IDOL - REBEL YELL - ready steady go.
10. TALKING HEADS - SPEAKING IN TONGUES - nearing the end of a great run.
Horrible. That's the best you could come up with in 1983?
10/21/2017 7:56 AM
Echo and the Bunnymen, Aztec Camera, and Sonic Youth.
10/21/2017 8:53 AM
i could have put Undercover even higher....i consider it a great album in a weak year.........it isnt the rolling stones of the 60s but it is the rolling stones of the early 70s...never heard better drumming and the band is super tight.....it is a real dance album and i love it.....Nick, you should listen to it again.
10/21/2017 10:07 AM
trump is planning on releasing the secret jfk files...my thoughts have evolved over the years.....i used to think it was 2 shooters...i have come to believe that oswald acted alone...i think the big secrecy is that oswald was a double spy working for both the CIA and FBI and playing both of them...i think he did go to the cuban consulate in mexico and mentioned his plans and they had prior awareness but were otherwise not involved.........the CIA and FBI funded oswald and had him under their nose the whole time.........they both covered up their incompetence....that is my opinion......did the CIA know that he told cubans he wanted to kill jfk and did nothing ?
10/21/2017 3:40 PM (edited)
how about that huckabee - sanders.....so much black around her eyes and the demonic arching eyebrows and crooked sneer......she could be the bride of solomom grundy..........ugh........definitely a medussa.
10/21/2017 10:40 AM
She does a YUGE disservice to the word nasty!! Soils it completely.
10/21/2017 12:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...69|70|71|72|73...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.