LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

1985 is a more productive year.....the dbs album from 84 is a gem and the style council album is awesome...the glen frey album outshines the don henley album and has some soulful masterpieces.
10/23/2017 1:38 PM
Yeah, looking forward to the next year. The Pogues and Tom Waits both released their best albums in 1985.

Here's Waits' "Jockey Full of Bourbon" from the Jim Jarmusch movie Down By Law (that's Tom himself in the clip, with Ellen Barkin in the bed).

10/23/2017 2:00 PM
Posted by dino27 on 10/23/2017 1:38:00 PM (view original):
1985 is a more productive year.....the dbs album from 84 is a gem and the style council album is awesome...the glen frey album outshines the don henley album and has some soulful masterpieces.
just because the Frey album may have been better, doesn't mean Henley's album wasn't good.
10/23/2017 2:46 PM
IMO The Grey LP is weak in comparison to his "No Fun Aloud" LP.

In contrast Henley's "Building the Perfect Beast" has been referred to by critics as the "perfect" pop LP.
And indeed it DID have some massive hits on it and really was the 1st solo release by an Eagle not Joe Walsh that was overall solid and is still listenable today. You need to give it a listen Dino....... blows the Frey away!!
10/23/2017 5:33 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/23/2017 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 10/23/2017 1:38:00 PM (view original):
just because the Frey album may have been better, doesn't mean Henley's album wasn't good.
i considered it......i thought it was good...esp the leadoff song.
10/23/2017 5:35 PM
i will re listen to it......and i thought the frey album was really good.
10/23/2017 5:36 PM
10/23/2017 8:32 PM
that is so perfect...i never knew libtard was used outside the thread that was sent to the pits.
10/23/2017 9:48 PM
i did listen again to the hendley album......it is a fine album......i just personally enjoy some of the really beautiful ballads on the frey album.
10/23/2017 9:50 PM
GRACE UNDER PRESSURE - RUSH!!!!
10/24/2017 11:39 AM
im remembering that trump was saying either in the campaign or after he was put in that he wanted term limits for congress......now i think that the term limits wish was part of the bannon plan to destroy the republican party and put in white nationalists.
10/24/2017 11:42 AM
we are still operating under the obama economy.......wait until they mess with it with destruction of healthcare and elimination of important programs because of tax plan...it will increase disability and unemployment........increased city and state taxes and property taxes throughout...this is an expected result of the trickle down policy.........also if state and city tax deductions are eliminated that will hurt a lot of middle class taxpayers.......the lowest bracket taxpayers will be hurt more then anyone by the trickle down economics...nothing to gain and much will be lost.
10/24/2017 12:17 PM
Bob Corker's still hammering Trump.

Asked later Tuesday by reporters on Capitol Hill if Trump were "debasing" the nation, Corker responded, "I don’t think there’s any question that that’s the case, just in the way that he conducts himself and goes to such a low level."

"It's obvious his political model and governing model is to divide," the senator said.

In another session with reporters, Corker said there had been "multiple occasions" where Trump's "staff has asked me to please intervene when he’s getting ready to do something that was off the tracks."

"And, look, I've seen no evolution in an upward way," Corker said. "In fact I would say it appears to me that it’s almost devolved."

“You would think he would aspire to be the president of the United States, to act like a president of the United States, but that’s just not gonna be the case apparently," he added.

Once again, Bob Corker -- senator and current chairman of the Senate's Committee on Foreign Relations -- is a Republican.

10/24/2017 12:35 PM
in the current political world he is a De - Republican.
10/24/2017 12:47 PM
It's interesting that although almost no Republicans are speaking out against Trump, neither do they seem to be defending him against anything Corker says.

Or anything McCain and Dubya said in their recent speeches (which I realize didn't mention Trump by name, but when for example McCain alluded to people with "high-income levels" who got their doctors to say they had bone spurs so they could avoid going to Vietnam, we know who he's talking about).

So what's the plan with Republicans? Tolerate a dangerous, incompetent, vulgar president until he gets them tax cuts for their rich GOP donors -- and THEN grow a spine?
10/24/2017 12:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...71|72|73|74|75...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.