LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

they will ever grow a spine......they will turn on him after they have no use for him or are backed into a corner.
10/24/2017 1:03 PM
here are my top 10 1985 albums, not in any articular order:
Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits
Scarecrow - John Mellencamp (or as my dad used to call him, John Mellonhead)
Songs from the Big Chair - Tears for Fears
Centerfield - John Fogerty
Southern Accents - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Mike & the Mechanica - Mike & the Mechanics
White City - Pete Townsend
Fables of the Reconstruction - R.E.M.
Rain Dogs - Tom Waits
Afterburner - ZZ Top

Almost made the list - Tim - The replacements, Heart - Heart, Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega, Voices Carry - Til Tuesday
10/24/2017 1:45 PM
thanks Wylie. i was hoping for you to put in your list. im almost done with my list.....some of yours will be on my list......some of your list and bubbling under are on my 11-20 rankings.
10/24/2017 1:49 PM
1985 puts 1984 to shame! Lots of great albums, but I'd put this one at the very top of the list.
10/24/2017 2:11 PM
i think of being in an irish pub.....drinking beer and playing darts and drinking beer and playing pool and drinking shots and drinking beer and ******* on my shoes.
10/24/2017 2:25 PM
damn, til Tuesday was 85????
10/24/2017 2:27 PM
i am a very big fan of Aimee Mann......i consider her to be one of the all-time greats.
10/24/2017 2:29 PM
Aimee Mann is great, but her solo efforts are better than the Til Tuesday album.
10/24/2017 4:20 PM
Well, Corker's not the only one. There goes Flake.

WASHINGTON — Senator Jeff Flake, the Arizona Republican who has tangled with President Trump for months, announced on Tuesday that he will not seek re-election in 2018, saying he “will no longer be complicit or silent” in the face of the president’s “reckless, outrageous and undignified” behavior.

Mr. Flake made his announcement in an extraordinary, 17-minute speech on the Senate floor, in which he challenged not only the president but also his party’s leadership. He deplored “the casual undermining of our democratic ideals, the personal attacks, the threats against principles, freedom and institutions, the flagrant disregard for truth and decency” that he said has become so prevalent in American politics.

The remarkable moment came just hours after Mr. Trump had renewed his attacks on another critic in the Republican Party, Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee, saying he “couldn’t get elected dog catcher in Tennessee.” Mr. Corker, appearing more weary than angry, said the president “is debasing our country.”

Who's next?

10/24/2017 5:16 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/24/2017 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Aimee Mann is great, but her solo efforts are better than the Til Tuesday album.
inever paid attention to til teusday...as a solo she is in my top 10 ever singer -songwriters...no order......dylan....simon......king.....simon......brown.....morrison.......young........adele.... mann........who else is there......james taylor....thats a good 10.
10/24/2017 7:27 PM (edited)
there's a few I'd consider...
John Hiatt, Bob Schneider, Peter Himmelman, Fogerty, Knopfler, Mellencamp.....
10/24/2017 7:27 PM
i think of fogerty as rock and roll like elvis costello.
10/24/2017 7:28 PM
Taylor for sure. Perhaps Carole King. How about Lennon & McCartney. Petty should be in there. There's plenty more as that took me 25 seconds.
10/24/2017 7:29 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
king is carol king......i dont consider the beatles or solos as singer songwriters ..same for petty...thats rock and roll..........singer/songwriters take a quieter approach and lyrics are in addition very personal.......it is hard to define.. ...james taylor..carly simon......carol king are......tom petty is not........bob schneider is ......tom fogerty would not......sprinsteen first 2 albums and nebraska he was... otherwise after born to run he is not.
10/24/2017 7:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...72|73|74|75|76...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.