LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

WOW! Now you're setting yourself up to be the expert/GOD of what defines a singer/songwriter?? Such chutzpah. It ALL starts with a song. Rock songs BEGIN as a song......... created by a songwriter. A songwriter that can SING is a singer/songwriter.......... particularly is he entertains audiences and DEFINITELY if he or she can do shows effectively solo!!

That means Fogerty is a singer/songwriter. As is Jackson Browne (who we forgot) and should (likely) be in any top 10 songwriter lists.
And how about Ryan Adams or Jason Isbell?? Lists are a waste of time. Listen instead!
10/24/2017 7:40 PM
Captain Beefheart
10/24/2017 8:02 PM
you know , laramiebob..you are a real pain in the ***...are you so mr furious that before i say anything i have to say imo...there is a genre in the radio/music field of singer/songwriter...i can have an opinion without your permission....you have your definition and i have mine...mine is in line with a genre called singer/songwriter...jackson browne is and steven tyler is not by the standard genre.
10/24/2017 8:32 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
no..i redline myself out of frustration with laramiebob........im bored with this now....im the chairman of the bored.
10/24/2017 9:19 PM
Bored? Read this, then tell me how transparent the previous administration was...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-after-trump-dossier-revelation-fbi-is-next/article/2638540
10/25/2017 10:41 AM
Oh, based on the FACE THE MUSIC thread name and the recent discussion, I thought this was about ELO
10/25/2017 11:26 AM
Don' bring me down...
10/25/2017 11:34 AM
Posted by dino27 on 10/24/2017 7:34:00 PM (view original):
king is carol king......i dont consider the beatles or solos as singer songwriters ..same for petty...thats rock and roll..........singer/songwriters take a quieter approach and lyrics are in addition very personal.......it is hard to define.. ...james taylor..carly simon......carol king are......tom petty is not........bob schneider is ......tom fogerty would not......sprinsteen first 2 albums and nebraska he was... otherwise after born to run he is not.
dino, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but anyone who writes a song is a songwriter. They may not be a good songwriter, but they are still a songwriter. To say Fogerty isn't a songwriter because he played with a band instead of solo seems a little silly to me. On the other hand, it doesn't really matter what any of think. Does Fogerty consider himself a songwriter?
10/25/2017 11:56 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/25/2017 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 10/24/2017 7:34:00 PM (view original):
king is carol king......i dont consider the beatles or solos as singer songwriters ..same for petty...thats rock and roll..........singer/songwriters take a quieter approach and lyrics are in addition very personal.......it is hard to define.. ...james taylor..carly simon......carol king are......tom petty is not........bob schneider is ......tom fogerty would not......sprinsteen first 2 albums and nebraska he was... otherwise after born to run he is not.
dino, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but anyone who writes a song is a songwriter. They may not be a good songwriter, but they are still a songwriter. To say Fogerty isn't a songwriter because he played with a band instead of solo seems a little silly to me. On the other hand, it doesn't really matter what any of think. Does Fogerty consider himself a songwriter?
Are you asking if he self-identifies as a "songwriter"?
10/25/2017 11:58 AM
One of my favorite CD's of all time is John Fogerty's "Full Moon Swamp"

It is a solo release full of John Fogerty songs...... to claim he is NOT a songwriter is well.......... kinda stupid.

Dino, I have no hard feelings towards you NOR am I picking on you or some bone....... these are just MY OPINIONS.........
Am I not allowed to post them in your thread just because they differ from yours?? or question your opinion????

You sound like Trump.
Just about every musician I ever met (IF they weren't already) wanted to be a songwriter. All of those players, every one of them, considered themselves songwriters once they had written songs that they were proud of and played in public.

I also stand by my opinion that lists about music are a waste of time. Time better spent listening to music.
I may be a pain in the *** to you Dino, but I'm entitled to my opinion and to post it/them.

Your desire to redline every opinion that takes some sort of perceived issue with your opinion is well, egotistic.
You'll endup like Dougout talking to yourself.
Or, as I said in an earlier post (that you redlined!), it's the sound of.........

One Hand Clapping
10/25/2017 12:12 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/25/2017 12:12:00 PM (view original):
One of my favorite CD's of all time is John Fogerty's "Full Moon Swamp"

It is a solo release full of John Fogerty songs...... to claim he is NOT a songwriter is well.......... kinda stupid.

Dino, I have no hard feelings towards you NOR am I picking on you or some bone....... these are just MY OPINIONS.........
Am I not allowed to post them in your thread just because they differ from yours?? or question your opinion????

You sound like Trump.
Just about every musician I ever met (IF they weren't already) wanted to be a songwriter. All of those players, every one of them, considered themselves songwriters once they had written songs that they were proud of and played in public.

I also stand by my opinion that lists about music are a waste of time. Time better spent listening to music.
I may be a pain in the *** to you Dino, but I'm entitled to my opinion and to post it/them.

Your desire to redline every opinion that takes some sort of perceived issue with your opinion is well, egotistic.
You'll endup like Dougout talking to yourself.
Or, as I said in an earlier post (that you redlined!), it's the sound of.........

One Hand Clapping
i am redlining you because you cal;led me stupid and it was soley you who made an aggresive post against me..i nevber tried or did stop you from giving an opinion...because of you i have no more interest in the thread except as a moderator.
10/25/2017 12:16 PM
When my kids fight, I sometimes sing this song to them. They hate it! But they stop fighting. Because I don't stop singing until they stop fighting.
10/25/2017 1:49 PM
Dino. You're too thin-skinned for internet debate. I did NOT call you stupid. I said (EXACTLY!) that the claim that John Fogerty wasn't a songwriter was (EXACTLY) "kinda stupid". You took the quote on yourself, yourself. That's stupid of you! (I've control C'd this to my desktop so I can keep posting it over and over because you deleted/red-lined my nicer post!). Find a safe playpen child!
10/25/2017 3:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...73|74|75|76|77...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.