LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by crazystengel on 10/27/2017 9:25:00 AM (view original):
You call this sucking balls?!
Gawd YES!! It's why many of us turned to country-rock and americana in the 80's!!! Discovered bands like Uncle Tupelo, Poco, PPL M. Tucker Band, etc.
10/27/2017 10:46 AM
Posted by sjpoker on 10/27/2017 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/26/2017 7:06:00 PM (view original):
pretty boring around here. My 1986 list. Wasn't really impressed by what was available for 1986.
In no particular order:
Graceland - Paul Simon
So - Peter Gabriel
King of America - Elvis Costello
Ghost Town - Steve Earle
Strong Persuader - Robert Cray
True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby and the Range
Especially For You - The Smithereens
Get Close - The Pretenders
Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams - BoDeans

Some that were on the bubble:
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Invisible Touch - Genesis
Crowded House - Crowded House
Big World - Joe Jackson
Blood & Chocolate - Elvis Costello
Fore! - Huey Lewis & the News
The Bridge - Billy Joel
Back in the High Life - Steve Winwood
Eye of the Zombie - John Fogerty
You're right, its been boring.

1986 was kind of a transition year to me. New Wave and American Punk were over as a movement. A lot of 70's band retreads (Reo Speedwagon, Jefferson Startship, etc) that released a bunch of over produced crap had sailed into the... whatever. Alternative and Hair Metal was on the rise.

A couple of other albums you didn't mention that were significant -
The Queen is Dead - The Smiths
Pretty In Pink Soundtrack
Black Celebration - Depeche Mode
So - Peter Gabriel
Especially for You - Smithereens
Um...So and Escpecially For You are in my top 10, dude.
10/27/2017 11:58 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/27/2017 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 10/27/2017 8:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/26/2017 7:06:00 PM (view original):
pretty boring around here. My 1986 list. Wasn't really impressed by what was available for 1986.
In no particular order:
Graceland - Paul Simon
So - Peter Gabriel
King of America - Elvis Costello
Ghost Town - Steve Earle
Strong Persuader - Robert Cray
True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby and the Range
Especially For You - The Smithereens
Get Close - The Pretenders
Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams - BoDeans

Some that were on the bubble:
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Invisible Touch - Genesis
Crowded House - Crowded House
Big World - Joe Jackson
Blood & Chocolate - Elvis Costello
Fore! - Huey Lewis & the News
The Bridge - Billy Joel
Back in the High Life - Steve Winwood
Eye of the Zombie - John Fogerty
You're right, its been boring.

1986 was kind of a transition year to me. New Wave and American Punk were over as a movement. A lot of 70's band retreads (Reo Speedwagon, Jefferson Startship, etc) that released a bunch of over produced crap had sailed into the... whatever. Alternative and Hair Metal was on the rise.

A couple of other albums you didn't mention that were significant -
The Queen is Dead - The Smiths
Pretty In Pink Soundtrack
Black Celebration - Depeche Mode
So - Peter Gabriel
Especially for You - Smithereens
Um...So and Escpecially For You are in my top 10, dude.
Ah I missed them...
10/27/2017 12:33 PM
Dino thinks he's God and can redline any post he likes even non-offensive posts. I call him Trump like, wanna be a king. He should be boycotted!!
10/27/2017 1:52 PM
The swamp draining begins!

Earlier this week, we learned that a two-year-old company that had two full-time employees the day Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico was awarded a $300 million contract to rebuild the island’s electrical grid. Whitefish Energy seemed like an odd choice, given that its biggest project to date was a $1.3 million deal to “replace and upgrade parts of a 4.8-mile transmission line in Arizona,” for which it was given 11 months to complete. (As a point of comparison, there are 2,400 miles of transmission lines spread across Puerto Rico.) In addition to its lack of experience, the amount of money Whitefish has convinced Puerto Rico—which is bankrupt—to fork over has raised eyebrows; only eight contracts for more than $20 million have been approved by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Army Corp of Engineers, with half of those going toward shipments of food and bottled water.

The fact that Whitefish happens to be based in the hometown of Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who knows Whitefish owner Andy Techmanski, and whose son worked a summer job at one of Techmanski’s construction sites, has added yet another layer of intrigue to the situation. And now, just a day after Whitefish told people to quit their “carping,” several officials, both in Congress and in Puerto Rico, are asking questions about the unusual arrangement.

10/27/2017 2:45 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/27/2017 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 10/27/2017 9:25:00 AM (view original):
You call this sucking balls?!
Gawd YES!! It's why many of us turned to country-rock and americana in the 80's!!! Discovered bands like Uncle Tupelo, Poco, PPL M. Tucker Band, etc.
Okay, that one maybe did suck balls a little. What about this one?
10/27/2017 2:47 PM
Well, better IMO but I still prefer the Airplane to that incarnation........... and well I'm here and be4 I get redlined let me say that (again IMO-I'm entitled to it whether Dina likes it or not) the previously mentioned Smithereens LP is a wonderful exception to the general opinion that 80's rock sucks! That's a timeless piece of rock and roll and the Smithereens were one of the few great rock bands to come from the 80's!! Redline away Dino. you childish _____.
10/27/2017 3:17 PM
the smithereens rocked. I wrote some lyrics that Pat DiNizio put to music and sang for me. He sent me a CD of the results.
10/27/2017 3:20 PM
Of course I don't like The Final Countdown and Jefferson Starship Enterprise. SARCASM!
10/27/2017 3:21 PM
larabee has earned his banishment...to the point i am not even contributing anymore.
10/27/2017 3:25 PM
you should have used the sarcasm font!!!
10/27/2017 3:25 PM
sjpoker has reformed...i dont see any potential for larabee.....all i have tried to do is demand a civil type of correspondence that does not permit the bashing of others or stepping on people's opinions...you guys have a nice thread going..i will keep out the people who insist upon acting anti-social...some of you now know i am sincere about this.
10/27/2017 3:30 PM
No you just can't handle anybody disagreeing with your opinion. Too bad you're so childish. The rest of us understand that disagreement is occasionally necessary to have a debate. You want authority to ban other's opinions. Shame on YOU. Your way results in One Hand Clapping! You're a Despot!

No you just can't handle anybody disagreeing with your opinion. Too bad you're so childish. The rest of us understand that disagreement is occasionally necessary to have a debate. You want authority to ban other's opinions. Shame on YOU. Your way results in One Hand Clapping! You're a Despot!

Posted twice to give you more to redline! trumpclone!
10/27/2017 4:54 PM
sorry but i only redline people who express their opinion inways that are disrespectful and aggressive towards others...that is what you do...others who did that were redlined.....you do not seem to accept that the manner in which you express your opinion is very often unfriendly and i will not allow that..everyone here except maybe spjoker has seen that i have always solicited your opinions knowing they were not the same as mine.. i have bent over backwards to walk on eggshells in an effort to not set you off.....but.you go off the handle with anger just too much...it is a shame ...i expect people with your music background to be a little bit more cool about music and not be so political about it....i tried with you but you are incorrigible.
i set up a great thread...i wont let people ruin it...you ruined it for me.
10/27/2017 5:03 PM
let me add to be succinct that in too many ways you are the very definition of a killjoy.
10/27/2017 5:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...75|76|77|78|79...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.