LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

the other side of the coin that i have to opine is that a lot of white people in this country without thought react very negatively to black people protesting about racism......these whites feel that they are not responsible( even if they are actually racist )and are angry to have to see or hear about blacks being upset about racism........these whites feel that they have a right to not have to hear about racism and reminders are an affront.........i think that there are very few white people who are concerned with racial injustice who think the protest is wrong or disrespectful to flag or country..........this is my root canal surgery of where this dispute is coming from..........the president is supposed to be a father figure...a good president would take an understanding and thoughtful approach to the american family.
9/26/2017 12:14 PM
the fema and presidential response to Texas and Florida seemed good to me.........but not for Puerto Rico.....mostly silence..........i think after Puerto Rico there should have been a national address to advise the country about what is happening for the multiple relief efforts.
9/26/2017 12:25 PM
Entertaining profile of Jared Kushner from Vanity Fair, especially if you're a fan of Jimmy Breslin/James Ellroy-type prose. For such a bland-seeming guy, Kusner's got quite the backstory.
9/26/2017 12:35 PM
what an article......phenominal.......i think the 666 5th st property will be a big topic in the collusion issues.......
i think everyone would like to know the crazy daily reading habit of the most voracious reader in the wis..
9/26/2017 12:51 PM
Posted by dino27 on 9/25/2017 10:46:00 PM (view original):
if i dropped onto planet earth from somewhere else i would find it very dubious to believe that trump is sincere about the flag....anthem.....vets etc when he had the evil temerity to belittle john mccain because he was a pow.......nope...i dont believe trump... he is.just an evil cynical racist exploiting his flock and showering them with his evil......some of them will one day wake up in shock that they let themselves be moved by his dangerous and intentionally devisive darkness.
he also had to be reminded by his immigrant wife to cover his heart during the national anthem.
9/26/2017 12:57 PM
that is a good one...i remember that......that was stunning.
9/26/2017 12:59 PM
Posted by dino27 on 9/26/2017 12:14:00 PM (view original):
the other side of the coin that i have to opine is that a lot of white people in this country without thought react very negatively to black people protesting about racism......these whites feel that they are not responsible( even if they are actually racist )and are angry to have to see or hear about blacks being upset about racism........these whites feel that they have a right to not have to hear about racism and reminders are an affront.........i think that there are very few white people who are concerned with racial injustice who think the protest is wrong or disrespectful to flag or country..........this is my root canal surgery of where this dispute is coming from..........the president is supposed to be a father figure...a good president would take an understanding and thoughtful approach to the american family.
Here's an example of the sort of person who's angry about black people protesting about racism.
9/26/2017 1:01 PM
that guy should be fired...he is a public servant........he could send insufficient help to a black neighborhood if he can make those comments.
9/26/2017 1:12 PM
Posted by dino27 on 9/26/2017 10:43:00 AM (view original):
id like to make one comment on this taking of the knee issue....i dont see it as disrespectful to flag or country....taking the knee is a form of supplication...it would make MLK proud....it is almost prayer....i see it as a very very respectful form of protest that combines respect for the anthem.....that is how i see it...honestly.
I agree. How is it disrespectful to take advantage of one the freedoms we are allowed in this country. It would be more disrespectful to tell people they can't protest when all they are doing is using their freedom of speech.
9/26/2017 1:15 PM
and also....the actual style of the protest is meant to be gentle and respectful.......kneeling is a universal symbol of inequality and or respect......it is never a symbol of hatred or aggression...........this is lost in the discussion and firestorm.
9/26/2017 1:22 PM
Here's General Michael Hayden, who initially wasn't thrilled with Kaepernick's kneeling (didn't think a football game was a proper "venue for protest") but now says:

As a 39-year military veteran, I think I know something about the flag, the anthem, patriotism, and I think I know why we fight. It’s not to allow the president to divide us by wrapping himself in the national banner. I never imagined myself saying this before Friday, but if now forced to choose in this dispute, put me down with Kaepernick.

9/26/2017 2:37 PM
9/26/2017 3:19 PM
I just saw this post on facebook. This is exactly what I have been saying:

I’ve seen a lot of posts over the last 24 hours regarding “respecting the flag” and what that means…and how athletes who use their public forum to voice dissent... are somehow “unpatriotic”. I want to offer a different opinion.

My father is buried at the foot of the flagpole in Golden Gate National Cemetery. He landed at Normandy, fought at the Battle of the Bulge and liberated Nazi camps in Germany. His enemy was fascism. I served as a Green Beret in the early 1970s (pretty sure you all know what that entails). Our enemy at the time was communism. My son is currently a serving officer in the Army, who on his dress blues wears the Bronze Star he was awarded during a year-long tour in Afghanistan. His enemy is and was the Taliban and the threat of terrorism.

Three generations of my family, serving the USA, in harms’ way. Three vastly different enemies, but enemies who shared one common trait. ALL of them stifle free speech. All of them bully, degrade and terrorize those who hold opposing views and who peacefully express them. All of them are intolerant and demand “loyalty” to the leader.

I can tell you, speaking for three generations of my family, it is PRECISELY for men like Kaepernick, and his right to peacefully protest injustice, that we were willing to serve. There is NOTHING more respectful of our country than living up to its ideals. There is nothing more patriotic than to say “I’m concerned with injustice, and will use my position to try and address it.”

Want to know what’s unpatriotic? Using your white privilege to avoid serving, citing “bone spurs in the heel” while playing varsity tennis at college while others went. Want to know what is antithetical to American values? Using the most powerful pulpit in the land to incite violence – against ANYONE. Want to define disgraceful behavior? Denigrating a man like Senator John McCain’s service and heroism while you sat home.

Want to respect the American flag? Then respect the ideals for which it stands. Bullying language and calling peaceful protesters “sons of *******” who should be fired aren’t among them.

p..s. anyone wishing to share this, please feel free.

9/26/2017 4:15 PM
Sounds familiar...
9/26/2017 4:22 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/26/2017 4:15:00 PM (view original):
I just saw this post on facebook. This is exactly what I have been saying:

I’ve seen a lot of posts over the last 24 hours regarding “respecting the flag” and what that means…and how athletes who use their public forum to voice dissent... are somehow “unpatriotic”. I want to offer a different opinion.

My father is buried at the foot of the flagpole in Golden Gate National Cemetery. He landed at Normandy, fought at the Battle of the Bulge and liberated Nazi camps in Germany. His enemy was fascism. I served as a Green Beret in the early 1970s (pretty sure you all know what that entails). Our enemy at the time was communism. My son is currently a serving officer in the Army, who on his dress blues wears the Bronze Star he was awarded during a year-long tour in Afghanistan. His enemy is and was the Taliban and the threat of terrorism.

Three generations of my family, serving the USA, in harms’ way. Three vastly different enemies, but enemies who shared one common trait. ALL of them stifle free speech. All of them bully, degrade and terrorize those who hold opposing views and who peacefully express them. All of them are intolerant and demand “loyalty” to the leader.

I can tell you, speaking for three generations of my family, it is PRECISELY for men like Kaepernick, and his right to peacefully protest injustice, that we were willing to serve. There is NOTHING more respectful of our country than living up to its ideals. There is nothing more patriotic than to say “I’m concerned with injustice, and will use my position to try and address it.”

Want to know what’s unpatriotic? Using your white privilege to avoid serving, citing “bone spurs in the heel” while playing varsity tennis at college while others went. Want to know what is antithetical to American values? Using the most powerful pulpit in the land to incite violence – against ANYONE. Want to define disgraceful behavior? Denigrating a man like Senator John McCain’s service and heroism while you sat home.

Want to respect the American flag? Then respect the ideals for which it stands. Bullying language and calling peaceful protesters “sons of *******” who should be fired aren’t among them.

p..s. anyone wishing to share this, please feel free.

*Claps*
9/26/2017 4:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...39|40|41|42|43...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.