LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

UPDATE - FROM JUNE 10 - 2018

THIS THREAD WAS CHANGED TO ENTERTAINMENT ONLY CIRCA JUNE 5, 2018
I AM POSTING HERE SO THAT NO ONE WOULD BE CONFUSED.
THATS ENTERTAINMENT.
6/11/2018 8:18 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
More WIDE WORLD OF SIM-appropriate Hey Bill:

Rhys Hoskins -- the real deal? Does his entering the bigs at 24 portend well for his career?
Asked by: ajmilner

Answered: 8/27/2017
Power hitters who made their major league debut at age 24 or later include Jason Giambi, Andres Galarraga, Ryan Howard, Jeromy Burnitz, Edgar Martinez, Raul Ibanez, Matt Holliday, Indian Bob Johnson, Hank Sauer, Dante Bichette, Nelson Cruz, Ken Boyer, Brian Giles, Matt Stairs, Adam LaRoche, Cy Williams, Wally Berger, Dolph Camilli, Ken Caminiti, Earl Averill, Mike Napoli, Gus Zernial and others.

Hoskins sure got snapped up fast in my Yahoo Fantasy keeper league. Oh well, I still have Ubaldo Jimenez, who I got real cheap a few years ago (gave up some bum named Clayton Kershaw)...
8/27/2017 2:39 PM
ryan howard had been ready for a few seasons....lost at least 2 monster years.
8/27/2017 2:45 PM
Climate change created the biblical magnitude of the storm? Like there weren't potent hurricanes before man invented machinery? You have overdosed on kool aid...according to The Tree Al Gore, the polar ice caps were supposed to have melted by now...
8/27/2017 7:42 PM
For 4.5 billion years there has been climate change. Glaciers flowed south through the Ohio valley. 99.98 percent of the changes in our atmosphere are courtesy of the sun. We cannot predict the winds, yet Al Gore can save the planet? Perhaps one day, when climate models are considerably more accurate then they are now, perhaps we form a sensible plan on how to do this...from time to time, we will see lakes dry up, coastal lands go underwater, magma form new islands. Most of what occurs will happen, regardless of what we do...25 species become extinct every day. We didn't kill them all. Perhaps Carlin was right, we were put here to create plastic, or styrofoam...
8/27/2017 8:04 PM (edited)
We will never eliminate, or control climate change. I would bet that we will not prevent the day when our moon moves away, and we go rocketing from our current orbit. I would be happy to be wrong, that we never see the end of our existence...
8/27/2017 8:12 PM
**** happens, and we are not all powerful to prevent it. We are no match for nature. To test my hypothesis, stand on the beach as she hurls telephone poles and Volvos at you at 150mph. Those extra situps may not change the equation...
8/27/2017 8:37 PM
We can't do a thing about it, so why try? Let's all pollute to our heart's content, as God and the Koch brothers intended.
8/27/2017 8:53 PM
No, but we don't bankrupt our economy for minuscule change, while India and China add more...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-op-0721-global-warming-hoax-20170719-story.html
8/27/2017 9:00 PM
Charles Campbell ([email protected]) is retired senior vice president of Gulf Oil Corporation.
8/27/2017 9:08 PM
Nope, it should not be a political issue. How'd it get to be one anyway?

How G.O.P. Leaders Came to View Climate Change as Fake Science

WASHINGTON — The campaign ad appeared during the presidential contest of 2008. Rapid-fire images of belching smokestacks and melting ice sheets were followed by a soothing narrator who praised a candidate who had stood up to President George W. Bush and “sounded the alarm on global warming.”

It was not made for a Democrat, but for Senator John McCain, who had just secured the Republican nomination.

It is difficult to reconcile the Republican Party of 2008 with the party of 2017, whose leader, President Trump, has called global warming a hoax, reversed environmental policies that Mr. McCain advocated on his run for the White House, and this past week announced that he would take the nation out of the Paris climate accord, which was to bind the globe in an effort to halt the planet’s warming.

The Republican Party’s fast journey from debating how to combat human-caused climate change to arguing that it does not exist is a story of big political money, Democratic hubris in the Obama years and a partisan chasm that grew over nine years like a crack in the Antarctic shelf, favoring extreme positions and uncompromising rhetoric over cooperation and conciliation.

“Most Republicans still do not regard climate change as a hoax,” said Whit Ayres, a Republican strategist who worked for Senator Marco Rubio’s presidential campaign. “But the entire climate change debate has now been caught up in the broader polarization of American politics.”

“In some ways,” he added, “it’s become yet another of the long list of litmus test issues that determine whether or not you’re a good Republican.”

Read more...

8/27/2017 9:12 PM
1|2|3...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.