LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

who cares when it was? I can't really tell if the picture shows him actually groping, or only pretending to. She says he groped her. Either way it was a stupid prank to pull. As far as the kiss, she says he harangued into agreeing to it. If that is true, I think that could be considered sexual assault (although I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV). That was also a stupid move on his part.
11/16/2017 7:26 PM
i said it was stupid....my point is that it wasnt so horrible as to justify expulsion...that is my point....she said it was groping based on the picture btw..she was sleeping.
what he did was terrible but it was juvenile and immature...i would not call it sexual assault.
even if it met some technical definition of some type of misdemeanor crime....no jurisdiction would prosecute someone for the photo or the kiss with those circumstances........just not serious enough.
11/16/2017 9:20 PM (edited)
MY 1997 LIST RANKED

1. BLUR - BLUR
2. BEN FOLDS 5 - WHATEVER AND EVER AMEN - brick
3. BETTY SERVEERT - DUST BUNNY
4. PAUL MCCARTNEY - FLAMING PIE
5. JAMES TAYLOR - HOURGLASS
6. SUPERGRASS - IN IT FOR THE MONEY
7.PATTI SMITH - PEACE AND NOISE
8. JOHN FOGERTY - BLUE MOON SWAMP
9. YES - KEY TO ASCENSION 2
10. OLD 97s - TOO FAR TO CARE
11/16/2017 11:55 PM (edited)
alonzo ball really stinks and he shoots like someone who played in the 1930s.....i think prime bob cousy would be able to step in today and be better then Ball.....call him lucille ball.
11/16/2017 11:59 PM
Why? Does he only have one testicle? We had a guy back in school that had red (Flaming) hair and was rumoured to only have one testicle.........
You can guess what his nickname ended up............. Boys are so cruel........... and men are such dogs. Nuff said on that subject.
11/17/2017 10:14 AM
I know I kinda dissed the whole list concept (sorry Dino, you have a right to like lists!) I can see why some might find good things about a music list.
For example, I did. At least one thing. Doing these lists caused me to (night be4 last) light my campfire and go back and listen to a CD, just because I put it on my list for a recent year. I listened to "Faithless Street" (Whiskeytown's debut) and was, once again, just blown away by how good that is. From careening (near) punk-rock to tongue-in-cheek honky tonk, with hook laden gems scattered thru-out, it just began a whole night of awesome music (and a good share of beer)........ some of which will likely get mentioned on down the line somewhere. Anyway, IF you haven't heard Whiskeytown, do yourself a favor, go listen (somehow) to "Too Drunk to Dream" or "Black Arrow, Bleeding Heart" see what I'm talking about.

In 1997 I sold my business and left the music business permanently. I listened to a LOT less stuff thereafter, particularly the 1st couple years.
So my lists will be abbreviated for awhile or (maybe) non-existent. But here's a few you guys missed from 1997 and some included that you didn't!
BTW Wylie. I also think Pete Townsend's "All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes" is awesome!
1997 releases.

1. Whiskeytown --- "Strangers Almanac" (The band begins to jell. Contains my pick for "favorite" song of all time. Go listen to "Turnaround")
2. John Fogerty ---- "Blue Moon Swamp" (The singer/songwriter hits a HR of a solo LP by revisiting his musical roots, LOL, :-), inside joke for Dino)
3. The Refreshments ---- "The Bottle & Fresh Horses" (A party in a CD)
4. The Bottle Rockets ---- "24 Hrs. A Day" ---- (Probably my favorite Bottle Rockets release)
5. Steve Earle ---- "El Corazon" (Steve's all over the place on this one, but it's all great)
6. Toad The Wet Sprocket ---- "Coil" (A darker, moodier Toad, and the last good release before the reformation)
7. Paul McCartney --- "Flaming Pie" (The Macca makes a return to form)
8. Bob Dylan --- "Time Out Of Mind" (I don't care, or look up this type stuff, but didn't this one win a grammy this year?)
9. Robert Earl Keen ---- "Picnic" (This is his best early studio release, and it's not widely heard. Good songs thru-out)
10. Lisa Loeb --- "Firecracker" (I'm a sucker for the slut/librarian look, and it's got some quirky gems)

A couple honorable mentions go to Calexico "Spoke" (A harbinger of the fine stuff to come), and Rickie Lee Jones for "Ghostyhead" although I have to admit that (for me) not all of it works, but she tries on rapping with electro-noise rhythms and percussion to make an odd but sprawling release)
11/17/2017 10:53 AM (edited)
i meant to listen to whiskeytown and it might be added to my list...lisa loeb as well...i remember both albums as being great.
11/17/2017 11:52 AM
i think there is going to be a lot more allegations coming out about standing members of congress in the next few weeks...both parties.....i think the floodgates will open.......women got the power.
11/17/2017 12:29 PM
an interesting story flying under the radar is a defamation lawsuit against trump by one of his accusers that trump called a liar...eventually there will be depositions and information coming out.....this could become important and could be trump's clinton......and trump's starr.
11/17/2017 1:15 PM
Since I refuse to discuss politics, here is my 1998 list, in no particular order. Didn't feel like cutting it down to 10.

Car Wheels on a Gravel Road - Lucinda Williams
Dizzy Up the Girl - Goo Goo Dolls (one of the stupidest names for a band I've heard)
Mermaid Ave - Billy Bragg & Wilco
The Globe Sessions - Sheryl Crow
Stunt - Barenaked Ladies
Just Won't Burn - Susan Tedeschi
Miles From Our Home - Cowboy Junkies
Wide Swing Tremelo - Son Volt
Train - Train
Soul's Core - Shawn Mullins
Burning the Daze - Marc Cohn
Like a Hurricane - Chris Hillman
Viva Satellite - Todd Snider
Songs Sang and Played on Guitar at the Same Time - Bob Schneider
11/17/2017 1:47 PM
I love "Mermaid Avenue." For those who don't know, Billy Bragg and Wilco took Woody Guthrie lyrics that had never been recorded and put music to them. My favorite song from the album is Bragg's "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key" with Natalie Merchant singing backup.

Three more from '98:

Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos "The Prosthetic Cubans" (if you like guitars and such)
Stina Nordenstam "People are Strange" (far out covers album)
Morcheeba "Big Calm" (Portishead minus the gloom and doom)

11/17/2017 2:08 PM
Great headline from NYT:

Trump, a Veteran of Sexual Harassment Accusations, Scolds Franken

Naturally Trump goes with the lamest wordplay possible, calling Franken "Frankenstein" -- and of course spells "Frankenstein" wrong.
11/17/2017 2:36 PM
hey.....if i didnt like franken...i would have called him frankenstein.....i thought that was a good one.
11/17/2017 3:23 PM
Franken's way ahead of you and Trump. Years ago he made a joke about running for president and choosing Ben Stein as his running mate. A Franken/Stein ticket!
11/17/2017 3:26 PM
i just saw that photo of flynn at that russian dinner with putin..i never knew that jill stein was at that table too......it just makes me wonder if she wasnt encouraged to run in order to take votes from clinton.......it suddenly seems possible.
11/17/2017 7:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...98|99|100|101|102...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.