LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

1/4/2018 4:54 PM
steve bannon was fired and is furious.
1/4/2018 5:03 PM
Sen. Corey Gardner ( R ) is going ballistic on sessions re the pot issue.....he demands sessions stand downer......gardner will pull up weed and will hold up judicial nominees unless sessions stops.........good stuff.
1/4/2018 5:39 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 1/4/2018 12:24:00 PM (view original):
That KKK/pot line is a classic. Like saying, "I loved Hitler until I found out he was a vegetarian."
Brilliant line crazystengel.
1/4/2018 6:34 PM
Posted by dino27 on 1/3/2018 6:34:00 PM (view original):
trump is going to try to cut aid to pakistan......this is the policy move that could cause impeachment cooperation.....it is playing with real fire and is truly ignorant...it is going to fire up serious foreign policy republicans and endanger the world...it will also bring in russia to take our place...they will love to take our place....this is very very ignorant and dangerous...........unbelievably so.
you are not going to get the goods on this story by watching focks news......this is a very big story.
I hadn't heard this story, but I am not sure I agree on this dino.

There are at least three very dysfunctional relationships in US foreign policy - one is Israel, which is in a separate category - the relationship is reasonable enough, but there are never any limits at all put on Israel's actual behavior, regardless of its impact on the US.

But more dysfunctional still by far have been the US relationships with Pakistan and worst of all with Saudi Arabia. Bad as the current Modi government is in India, US distance from India merely to stay close to Pakistan - a policy that goes back at least to the Nixon era and maybe all the way to Truman and Ike - has never made any sense to me.

Pakistan was given carte blanche during the post-9/11 era but we now know that they had Bin Laden there the whole time, and anyone who does not realize that it was Pakistan secret service and military intelligence that were main supporters of the Taliban has not been paying attention.

The alliance with Saudi Arabia makes these other two look very good by comparison of course - the Saudi atrocities in Yemen are enraging much of the Middle East, as the richest country in the region bombs the poorest. It has kidnapped the prime minister of Lebanon to try to make him resign, it has failed to gain ground on Iran's influence (which was our own doing by the War in Iraq) as hegemonic power in the Middle East in any of the theaters of competition, but no matter how awful Saudi Arabia is, we are its BFF.

I am opposed to Trump, but I don't see a downside to cutting military aid to anyone, first of all, and certainly have no problem cutting aid and reducing ties to Pakistan, as badly run a country as there is in the world.
1/4/2018 6:42 PM
Trump needs to get rid of Sessions yesterday and get a new AG. Glad to see we all agree.
1/4/2018 6:43 PM
WOW. We do all agree. Problem is........... How is he gonna get a new one past Congress?? During confirmation hearings the Dems. will insist he answer questions about Mueller's security. Anyone who won't swear to uphold the investigation won't be approved.
1/4/2018 7:02 PM
I volunteer me!!!
1/4/2018 7:18 PM
italy..i cant agree on Pakistan......the only purpose for maintaining the delicate relationship is to be there to help safeguard their nukes in a worst case scenerio......they could be infiltrated by terrorists or succumb to them...it is all about that nukes...no trouble......all the right nukes in all the right places.
1/4/2018 8:44 PM
Hey support me!!!
1/4/2018 8:48 PM
i support you.

who's afraid of michael woolf ?
the new dossier
1/4/2018 11:16 PM
Everyone in Trumpworld Knows He’s an Idiot (failing NYT fake news editorial)

According to Wolff, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Reince Priebus, the former chief of staff, called Trump an “idiot.” (So did the media mogul Rupert Murdoch, owner of Fox News, though he used an obscenity first.) Trump’s chief economic adviser, Gary Cohn, compares his boss’s intelligence to excrement. The national security adviser, H. R. McMaster, thinks he’s a “dope.” It has already been reported that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “moron,” which he has pointedly refused to deny.

And yet these people continue to either prop up or defend this sick travesty of a presidency. Wolff takes a few stabs at the motives of Trump insiders. Ivanka Trump apparently nurtured the ghastly dream of following her father into the presidency. Others, Wolff writes, told themselves that they could help protect America from the president they serve: The “mess that might do serious damage to the nation, and, by association, to your own brand, might be transcended if you were seen as the person, by dint of competence and professional behavior, taking control of it.”

This is a delusion as wild, in its own way, as Trump’s claim that the “Access Hollywood” tape was faked. Some of the military men trying to steady American foreign policy amid Trump’s whims and tantrums might be doing something quietly decent, sacrificing their reputations for the greater good. But most members of Trump’s campaign and administration are simply traitors. They are willing, out of some complex mix of ambition, resentment, cynicism and rationalization, to endanger all of our lives — all of our children’s lives — by refusing to tell the country what they know about the senescent fool who boasts of the size of his “nuclear button” on Twitter.

Eventually, we’ll hit the ground, and assuming America survives, there should be a reckoning to dwarf the defenestration of Harvey Weinstein and his fellow ogres. Trump, Wolff’s reporting shows, has no executive function, no ability to process information or weigh consequences. Expecting him to act in the country’s interest is like demanding that your cat do the dishes. His enablers have no such excuse.

1/5/2018 8:01 AM
My cat does the dishes!
1/5/2018 9:24 AM
he can even eat the dishes.
1/5/2018 10:48 AM
by objective standards....my understanding is that wolfe has a bad track record for truth..ie he is no woodward or bernstein.....im not paying any attention to anything in his book unless it is from someone on the record......the bannon stuff for example is on the record....i dont know what else is.
1/5/2018 11:17 AM
◂ Prev 1...141|142|143|144|145...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.