LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

dont be a puppet.
dont be a sheep.
dont be a schlep.
2/17/2018 12:54 PM
"Miss Melania Regrets" -- funny. Great song, too.
2/17/2018 1:08 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/17/2018 1:08:00 PM (view original):
"Miss Melania Regrets" -- funny. Great song, too.
i dont think there is a more heart wrenching song.
2/17/2018 1:22 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/17/2018 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 2/17/2018 12:25:00 PM (view original):
it is not wrong to politicize....it is right to do it if is honest truth....the republicans want to equate politicizing as lying...who is in the forefront of politicizing...the the students...the teachers...the families...the communities.....and concerned citizens...thats our choice ..speak out or be sheep....politicize it all the way to the voting booth starting then and now and kick the bums out.
Truth is a deranged person killed kids and teachers and there was zero police presence. The FBI had multiple warnings and did nothing about it. The rest is noise.
FBI had multiple warnings?

Why was that guy allowed to get an assault rifle?
2/17/2018 1:23 PM
Really good overview here of the Mueller indictments yesterday from The New Yorker's David Remnick.

The indictment bluntly states that the intent of the Russian operation was to damage the Democratic candidate. “Defendants’ operations included supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump (‘Trump campaign’) and disparaging Hillary Clinton,” it said. “Defendants made various expenditures to carry out these activities, including buying political advertisements on social media in the names of U.S. persons and entities.” The indictment also says that the operatives, posing as Americans, fraudulently helped to stage political rallies to undermine Trump’s Republican foes Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio; to boost Clinton’s Democratic rival, Bernie Sanders; to promote the notion of “voter fraud” in the Democratic Party (a well-worn Trump meme); and to encourage minorities not to vote or to vote for a third-party candidate, particularly Jill Stein, of the Green Party. In general, the operations, reminiscent of the “active measures” of the Soviet and Russian security services, as well as Western intelligence agencies, during the Cold War, were meant to arouse the “political intensity” of the country and tilt the election. The indictment refers to “information warfare” as the main weapon trained on the ballot. One of the many political advertisements created and distributed by the operation read, “Hillary is Satan, and her crimes and lies had proved just how evil she is.”

Trump’s reaction to the indictments was to tweet that the Russian operation began in 2014, “long before” he announced his candidacy. “The results of the election were not impacted,” he wrote. “The Trump campaign did nothing wrong—no collusion!”

Michael McFaul, the U.S. Ambassador to Russia under President Obama, wrote on Twitter that Trump’s statement was “shockingly weak. Putin attacked America and no pushback whatsoever. Why?”

Gosh, good question!

Preet Bharara: "How about some sanctions now, Mr President?"

2/17/2018 1:23 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/17/2018 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Here's some nice "politicizing" from Florida.
Saying that the killer was a Democrat and in ISIS is my favorite. At least the other one had some semblance of reality!
2/17/2018 1:25 PM
crazy...check out these 2 podcats - tune in with preet.
trumpcast - from slate.
both podcasts are total quality and incredible analysis and are indispensable.

2/17/2018 1:32 PM
in the overview jill stein is in the mix.....the extra votes she got could have been game changers in some states.
2/17/2018 1:33 PM
Yeah, I listen to Trumpcast once in a while. I didn't know about the Preet one. I see it's on NPR. They've got several good podcasts there. I'll give him a listen soon.
2/17/2018 2:02 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/17/2018 1:23:00 PM (view original):
it is not wrong to politicize....it is right to do it if is honest truth....the republicans want to equate politicizing as lying...who is in the forefront of politicizing...the the students...the teachers...the families...the communities.....and concerned citizens...thats our choice ..speak out or be sheep....politicize it all the way to the voting booth starting then and now and kick the bums out.
Truth is a deranged person killed kids and teachers and there was zero police presence. The FBI had multiple warnings and did nothing about it. The rest is noise.

Ask the FBI

Why are you asking me?
2/17/2018 2:43 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/17/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):

Ask the FBI

Why are you asking me?
You are the one against gun control.

Also I would like proof that the FBI knew.
2/17/2018 2:51 PM
You F*CKING idiot. Use Google and I am not against gun control. I stated the opposite. Learn to read.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/politics/parkland-shooting-fbi-tipster/index.html

2/17/2018 3:21 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/16/2018 6:40:00 PM (view original):

The FBI received a tip last month that the suspect in the Florida school shooting had a "desire to kill" and access to guns and could be plotting an attack, but agents failed to investigate, the agency said Friday. Florida Gov. Rick Scott called for the FBI's director to resign because of the missteps.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the shooting that killed 17 people Wednesday was a "tragic consequence" of the FBI's failure and ordered a review of the Justice Department's processes. He said it's now clear that the nation's premier law enforcement agency missed warning signs.

In more evidence that there had been signs of trouble with the suspect, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said at a Friday news conference that his office had received more than 20 calls about Nikolas Cruz in the past few years.

A person close to Cruz called the FBI's tip line on Jan. 5 and provided information about Cruz's weapons and his erratic behavior, including his disturbing social media posts. The caller was concerned that Cruz could attack a school.

In a statement, the agency acknowledged that the tip should have been shared with the FBI's Miami office and investigated, but it was not. The startling admission came as the agency was already facing criticism for its treatment of a tip about a YouTube comment posted last year. The comment posted by a "Nikolas Cruz" said, "Im going to be a professional school shooter."

The FBI investigated the remark but did not determine who made it.

The 19-year-old Cruz has been charged with killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, north of Miami.

FBI Director Christopher Wray said the agency, which received an average of 2,101 calls to the tip line each day in 2017, was still reviewing its missteps on the January tip. He said he was "committed to getting to the bottom of what happened," as well as assessing the way the FBI responds to information from the public.

tangplay can't read and is a moron
2/17/2018 3:22 PM

1.) YES. The FBI had multiple warnings. The last one about 4 weeks ago. That information was never forwarded to Miami. I guess they're too busy going after Trump.

2.) THAT'S WHAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW! What happened to the gun check? I want somebody's *** in jail. He was expelled from school. Where was the followup? He had a history of problems. Where was big government to clean it up? Both of his parents died and he lived with???? Where was big government taxpayer money to keep us all safe and happy?
2/17/2018 4:01 PM
◂ Prev 1...225|226|227|228|229...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.