LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by dino27 on 2/22/2018 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/22/2018 11:52:00 AM (view original):
Well, those are the 3 options in Hicksville, GA. Actually Hardee's is another. Bojangles is Cajun style fried chicken.

Im not sure any rational person still considers arm teachers as a viable option. I think it was an option that was just tossed out there at some point.
trump, of course , is pushing it.
Hence the adjective in front of person.
2/22/2018 11:55 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 2/22/2018 1:26:00 AM (view original):
I would love to see more debate about the real issues that lead to these horrific tragedies. Before you guys blow me up on here, remember that I don't have an issue with banning assault weapons, but that is not going to prevent these horrific events. As I said, the VA Tech shooter killed twice as many people with 2 hand guns. Is it easier with an automatic/semi-automatic weapon? Of course, but lunatics will find a way. According to FBI data, over twice as many people are murdered by knives than they are by shotguns, rifles, and assault weapons combined. Roughly as many people are murdered by blunt objects as are murdered by shotguns, rifles, and assault weapons combined. More people are murdered per year by people who don't even have a weapon (using hands, feet, fists, ect.) than are murdered by shotguns, rifles, and assault weapons combined. In about 75% of murders by gun, the perpetrator used a hand gun. No offense to the left on here, but gun control advocates create a distraction from discussing the true causes of these heinous events.

I would love to see these teenagers marching to promote lower divorce rates and fewer absent fathers.

Also, I don't understand why the only time this topic comes up is when there is a mass shooting. 771 Chicagoans were killed in 2016. 650 Chicagoans were killed in 2017. Are black people in large cities not important enough to discuss or has it just become the norm? I don't think I have ever seen a discussion on here about how to solve black on black crime and it is very rarely discussed in other venues.
Nothing is going to prevent every mass shooting. Gun control will not solve the problem. It would just be a step in the right direction. Yes, many more people are killed by other methods besides guns, but if we eliminate a good portion of the gun killings we can do things to limit the other types. You rarely hear
about mass killings done with a knife of blunt objects or fists.
We should try to limit all crime. Who cares if it black on black, white on white, or dog on cat?
2/22/2018 12:23 PM
very very important point.....when the kids say never again... even with all the fixes met it could still happen and likely will but it will become less frequent .......and more difficult to do and eventually hopefully rare and that is the realistic goal......
2/22/2018 12:38 PM
^^^
2/22/2018 12:39 PM
regarding bartending...i have very often thought about how difficult it must be to know when to cut someone off or let someone drive home and the subjective standards.... dram shop laws etc......very difficult.
2/22/2018 12:49 PM
My good friend is a bartender. He says he can tell almost immediately. I guess after you've been doing it for x amount of years you just know.
2/22/2018 3:36 PM
don't lie, cccp...you don't have any good friends.
2/22/2018 5:36 PM
DAMN YOU! Ha ha ha. OK Evil friend.
2/22/2018 6:03 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/22/2018 3:36:00 PM (view original):
My good friend is a bartender. He says he can tell almost immediately. I guess after you've been doing it for x amount of years you just know.
It's pretty easy though every once in awhile someone slips through. Had a dude one time get up from the bar..walk out the door..kick in the front door and skedaddle. He came back about 4 hours later wondering if he left his cell phone there(he did...lol), didn't remember a thing. Couldn't tell for the life of me.
2/22/2018 6:10 PM
Wow! Blacked out eh?
2/22/2018 6:11 PM
if teachers start carrying guns in schools it is a win win for nra..they get more gun sales for teachers..........the nra is the most evil american organization since the kkk and the american nazi party.
2/23/2018 12:14 AM
Yeah, blacked right out...I was pretty good at catching em also. He was pretty appalled.
2/23/2018 12:25 AM

From The New Yorker:

It is an image of morbid clumsiness: “45” is stitched onto the shirt cuffs of a man who has not thought even to hide his notes—a list of five questions any interviewer would scoff at for being absurdly general for any circumstance. No. 1: “What would you most want me to know about your experiences?” A second photograph clarified two more of the entries, which had been obscured by Trump’s fingers: “What can we do to help you feel safe?” and “resources? ideas?” The final item on the list was the most prominent: “I hear you.” It is not news that Trump has an essential inability to lead, cerebrally, morally, in times of crisis. What must routinely frighten us is that he needs to be provided with basic cues to convincingly play the human in relation to any person who is not himself. He brought these victims to his citadel, and even there, could not be trusted to feign control, to pretend to be compassionate. There is something particularly disturbing about the bubble-like handwriting on the note, which is likely not his, and which is grotesquely reminiscent of the longhand of a high-school kid.

2/23/2018 1:05 AM
the other side of the paper says try not to talk.
2/23/2018 1:31 AM
the other side of the paper says try not to talk.
2/23/2018 1:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...249|250|251|252|253...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.