LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

i dont want to be a broken record but i am amazed at the intelligence..poise..and communication abilities of the students........the talking heads on msnbc...my favorite channel are really impressed...you should see the looks bewilderment on their faces....kids are so smart today.........but who could know so many kids from that public school would come off the way they have.....and trump by comparison is special ed.
2/23/2018 11:30 AM
these activists ( the nra probably considers them militants ) will be a huge voting block by the midterms but even bigger if they bring in their older peers...immediate family and other relatives and neighbors......and lazy voters who already agree with them...i forsee them also being heavily involved in voter registration.
2/23/2018 11:40 AM
Posted by dino27 on 2/23/2018 11:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/23/2018 11:19:00 AM (view original):
It was unclear exactly what Mr. Gates might have to offer the special counsel’s team, whether about Mr. Manafort or about other members of the Trump campaign. Neither indictment indicated that either Mr. Gates or Mr. Manafort had information about the central question of Mr. Mueller’s investigation — whether President Trump or his aides coordinated with the Russian government’s efforts to disrupt the 2016 election. --- From NYT
i think gates has some info on the campaign but mainly he will be used to pressure manafort to flip....the indictments do not imply that manafort or gates do not have any info on conspiracy/collusion......they simply state by their subject matter that the indictments do not include any relationship to those issues...indictments never exonerate.....they are limited to what they are...this is a major thing to understand.
Still, it's funny that Trump repeatedly interprets the absence of any mention of his name in these indictments (I don't know if sincerely or not, but possibly!) as further evidence of NO RUSSIAN COLLUSION. If he were a fictional character, he'd be as rich in comic potential as Mr. Burns of The Simpsons.

Check out this shooting survivor's account of the phone call she got from Trump:

Samantha Fuentes, who was shot in both legs during the Parkland assault, said she had felt no reassurance during a phone call from the president to her hospital room last week.

“He said he heard that I was a big fan of his, and then he said, ‘I’m a big fan of yours too.’ I’m pretty sure he made that up,” she said in an interview after being discharged from the hospital. “Talking to the president, I’ve never been so unimpressed by a person in my life. He didn’t make me feel better in the slightest.”

Ms. Fuentes, who was left with a piece of shrapnel lodged behind her right eye, said Mr. Trump had called the gunman a “sick puppy” and said “‘oh boy, oh boy, oh boy,’ like, seven times.”

I blame Waylon Smithers for not preparing a better script for Trump to read from!

2/23/2018 11:41 AM
at least he didnt hit her with savage sicko.
2/23/2018 11:48 AM
right now the usa is the dumbest major country in the world..backwards..

1. climate control...nyet
2. gun control...nyet
3. drug laws.....pols are on drugs
4. refusal to protect democracy...nyet
5. recreating economic meltdown conditions 10 years later ( elephants never forget ? ) oy vey
6. hurting attempts to have universal health insurance.....damn commies
7. letting president refuse to impose sanctions on an enemy of usa after attacking prez election process

we are the dumbest country in the world.
2/23/2018 11:56 AM
Posted by dino27 on 2/23/2018 11:19:00 AM (view original):
every local police dept or state troopers is a militia...the second amendment wasnt contemplating the local chapter of the hell's angels.
That's really funny....... in a very sad, pathetic manner. (the Fuentes account story!)

Dino..... you are correct.......... they didn't CONTEMPLATE the Hell's Angels. But (unfortunately in many folks minds) they DID give the Hells Angels a "right" to carry a firearm.......... whatever the reason they stated!

"2nd amendment protects the right to a militia."

And Tangy is correct also. BUT, (speaking just from an attempted common sense logical perspective of what IS doable) you've got to realize that it is just not achievable to think you can somehow "amend" or nullify the 2nd Amendment. It will NEVER occur!
BUT, practically speaking, why can Congress and the Courts not DEFINE it as not applying to Military Assault type weaponry. It's illegal for you or me to walk around (possess) a bazooka........ or a rocker-launcher, ....... or fly around in an armed Jet of some sort!
I've said it before. There is NO NEED whatsoever for an average citizen/hunter/avid self protectionist.....whatever! to possess an assault rifle!
The 2nd Amendment does NOT give anyone the right to an AK - 47 or an AR - 15 or a bazooka! It gives you the right to "bear arms" so that you can join a Militia if necessary and HAVE some weaponry when you join! It doesn't say you get to carry or conceal/carry any GOLDANG weapon some Military somewhere has come up with! Read it that way! Enforce the 2nd Amendment that way.

Then when we have that fixed.......... we can tackle trying to figure out precisely what the 10th Amendment means exactly........ HAHAHAHA
2/23/2018 11:57 AM
Posted by dino27 on 2/23/2018 11:48:00 AM (view original):
His staff should really keep him the hell away from human beings. I'm not kidding. Human interaction is not his strong suit.
2/23/2018 11:57 AM
i think this issue about a militia will one day be reinterpreted...if you join a police force and you are qualified you will bear arms and that is a legal militia...if needed in community emergency you could join a police force...i dont think it is meant at least today to stock up to take on the govt...maybe im wrong but i dont see that as applicable today.
2/23/2018 12:17 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 2/23/2018 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 2/23/2018 11:48:00 AM (view original):
His staff should really keep him the hell away from human beings. I'm not kidding. Human interaction is not his strong suit.
that is for sure......kids and people hurting know phonies better then anyone.
2/23/2018 12:18 PM
the nra is very much about a bunker mentality.....the evil govt......they want to take away your guns......if we dont have all these guns you will wake up to nazi germany etc......now we have people divorced from reality clinging to their assault weapons.
2/23/2018 12:21 PM
to all nba fans...be simmons is really a joy to watch......as a rookie he is avg..approx..17 pts.....7 assists......7 rebounds....52% fg......top 10 in steals....as a point guard.....and he is just developing an outside shot......next season...a monster.
2/23/2018 12:25 PM
short of banning assault weapons gov. tim scott of florida is callinf for some very good legislative efforts that will make a big difference...
2/23/2018 12:50 PM (edited)
Posted by dino27 on 2/23/2018 11:56:00 AM (view original):

2. gun control...nyet
5. recreating economic meltdown conditions 10 years later ( elephants never forget ? ) oy vey
7. letting president refuse to impose sanctions on an enemy of usa after attacking prez election process

I agree on everything, except we are not the 'dumbest country in the world.' China is (soft) communist, Russia has a dictator with terrible human rights, North Korea, etc.
2/23/2018 2:07 PM
Rick Scott-- Gov. Florida

Tim Scott----Sen.-- S.C
2/23/2018 2:28 PM
Posted by tangplay on 2/23/2018 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 2/23/2018 11:56:00 AM (view original):

2. gun control...nyet

I agree on everything, except we are not the 'dumbest country in the world.' China is (soft) communist, Russia has a dictator with terrible human rights, North Korea, etc.
dino is right but he missed the crucial #8.

8. Tangplay lives here...that alone makes us the dumbest country in the world.
2/23/2018 3:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...251|252|253|254|255...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.