LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

terrible vehicular incident in toronto.....hope no one died.....hope injuries all manageable......hopefully not intentional.
4/23/2018 2:46 PM
It looks intentional I agree with you that hopefully its just bumps and bruises.
4/23/2018 2:57 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/23/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/23/2018 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/23/2018 2:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/23/2018 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/23/2018 1:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 4/23/2018 12:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/23/2018 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/22/2018 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/22/2018 6:29:00 PM (view original):
tangplay continues to illustrate his absolute dumbassery. Cannot make this stuff up.
I am not making anything up, but by the looks of your numbers, you sure might be.

Say, I thought you believed in climate change? MORE PROOF YOU CHANGE YOUR OPINIONS JUST TO DISAGREE WITH ME.
Making stuff up again,eh?

I said I am not an expert on climate change so really cannot opine. You are not either. But you are opining. Because you are a dumbass who writes about middle school soccer and then opines on guns, finance and climate change. Dumbass.
um, you don't have to be an expert on something to have an opinion about it. Dumbass.
Correct. In my opinion tangplay is a dumbass. In my opinion aliens have taken over your brain...

Some opinions are just crazy. Neither he nor I really know the impact of man on climate change vs. nature. To state otherwise is insanity.
All I can state is our best scientific knowledge at the time. Currently the scientific consensus is that it does exist and is partially or mostly caused by humans. I differ to the experts.
Differ or defer? Dumbass

What precise impact does the US have on climate change vs. Asia? Africa?

Do tell.

Dumbass

And yes, I taught you what an Ad Hominem is. I am glad you know it. Any other response?
Does it matter? IDGAF how much the USA has to do with it. We emit CO2. We play a role. Who gives a **** how much of a role we play.

I am just waiting for you to respond to posts with anything OTHER than an ad hominem attack.
I would think a journalist would know the difference between "differ" and "defer"

Dumbass. IDGAF is your state of mind. I get it.
.... And you proceed to completely ignore what I said.
4/23/2018 3:11 PM
Because what you say is full of ignorance all I can do is either call you a dumbass, until it sinks in or ignore your statements. Or both.

I choose both.

Dumbass.
4/23/2018 3:13 PM
I just looked at the top writer list. It's WAY incomplete!!

No Pete Dexter, No Edward Abbey, No Peter Matthiessen, No Wallace Stegner, etc........

As usual with most writer lists....... they continually ignore writers who work in and write about the West.......... the region NOT the mythical "cowboy tales" found within most work labeled "westerns".

No Barbara Kingsolver, No Charles Bowden, No Luis Urrea, No Jon Krakauer, ........ I could keep going. but won't

A lot of garbage on that list, too IMO!
4/23/2018 3:26 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 4/23/2018 3:26:00 PM (view original):

No Pete Dexter, No Edward Abbey, No Peter Matthiessen, No Wallace Stegner, etc........

As usual with most writer lists....... they continually ignore writers who work in and write about the West.......... the region NOT the mythical "cowboy tales" found within most work labeled "westerns".

No Barbara Kingsolver, No Charles Bowden, No Luis Urrea, No Jon Krakauer, ........ I could keep going. but won't

do you like louie lamour.
4/23/2018 4:10 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/23/2018 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Because what you say is full of ignorance all I can do is either call you a dumbass, until it sinks in or ignore your statements. Or both.

I choose both.

Dumbass.
come on guys...maybe a break from the hominoids and dumbo talk ?
4/23/2018 4:11 PM
SO....the other day I was watching a show on NEWS MAX about Ronald Reagan and his humor. 30 minute show.

This is one that stuck with me. Reagan at the podium:

So this fella was driving along the road when something caught his eye. He looked down and saw a chicken running beside his car. In fact, the chicken passed him...and this guy was going 60 miles an hour! The chicken then made a sharp right down a dirt lane. As the chicken turned, the driver swore this creature had THREE legs!. So he got on the brakes and followed the chicken down the lane. By the time he had made the turn the chicken was gone, but a farmhouse soon appeared with a man standing out front. The driver came to a stop, rolled down the window and asked the man if he had seen a chicken run by.

"Sure did" replied the farmer. Then the driver asked the farmer did he notice the chicken had THREE legs. "Yep" said the farmer. "That's how I raise them."

The incredulous driver then asked the farmer why or what made him decide to raise THREE legged chickens.

"Well," says the farmer, "The wife and I are both particular to the drumstick. Then we had Junior. Turns out he likes the drumstick too. I just got tired of fighting over the drumstick. So I started raising them with THREE legs."

"How do they taste?" asked the driver.

"I don't know." said the farmer. "Ain't never been able to catch one."
4/23/2018 5:48 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/23/2018 5:48:00 PM (view original):
SO....the other day I was watching a show on NEWS MAX about Ronald Reagan and his humor. 30 minute show.

This is one that stuck with me. Reagan at the podium:

So this fella was driving along the road when something caught his eye. He looked down and saw a chicken running beside his car. In fact, the chicken passed him...and this guy was going 60 miles an hour! The chicken then made a sharp right down a dirt lane. As the chicken turned, the driver swore this creature had THREE legs!. So he got on the brakes and followed the chicken down the lane. By the time he had made the turn the chicken was gone, but a farmhouse soon appeared with a man standing out front. The driver came to a stop, rolled down the window and asked the man if he had seen a chicken run by.

"Sure did" replied the farmer. Then the driver asked the farmer did he notice the chicken had THREE legs. "Yep" said the farmer. "That's how I raise them."

The incredulous driver then asked the farmer why or what made him decide to raise THREE legged chickens.

"Well," says the farmer, "The wife and I are both particular to the drumstick. Then we had Junior. Turns out he likes the drumstick too. I just got tired of fighting over the drumstick. So I started raising them with THREE legs."

"How do they taste?" asked the driver.

"I don't know." said the farmer. "Ain't never been able to catch one."
i liked it.
now im hungry for chicken.
4/23/2018 7:26 PM
Posted by dino27 on 4/23/2018 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 4/23/2018 3:26:00 PM (view original):

do you like louie lamour.
Not one of my favorites in that type of fiction, better than many, not as good as Elmore or Grey.

Want a good western yarn that's NOT Berger's "Little Big Man" (An Epic masterpiece)???
Read Pete Dexter's "Deadwood".
4/23/2018 7:42 PM
i have that ...i have a few zane grey books...do you mean elmore leonard ?..or len elmore?
4/23/2018 8:15 PM
im not afan of historical fiction...thats why i never read deadwood.
4/23/2018 8:16 PM

I choose both.

Dumbass.
It won't sink in. If I am ignorant, explain why. If you don't, I can never correct my ignorance.

So explain to me why citing NASA over unnamed sources is 'ignorant.'
4/23/2018 8:35 PM
Posted by dino27 on 4/23/2018 4:11:00 PM (view original):

I choose both.

Dumbass.
come on guys...maybe a break from the hominoids and dumbo talk ?
I know, right? People using whataboutism and ad hominem instead of engaging in debate is one of the major problems with this country. Imagine how much more could be achieved without the CCCP's of this world...
4/23/2018 8:39 PM

Sean Hannity is a welfare queen.

The controversial performance artist, host of the eponymous unreality TV show, has been revealed by The Guardian as a beneficiary of a federal mortgage guarantee program.
The Guardian found that Hannity owns millions of dollars of real estate through more than 20 shell corporations, which shield his identity. The federal Department of Housing and Urban Development, The Guardian notes, insured the mortgage loans with which Hannity purchased the properties. Let's be clear: This is a subsidy. This is a benefit. This is big government aiding a very wealthy man. This is welfare.
On his state-run media platform, Hannity can be found decrying welfare. He once expressed shock as he interviewed a California surfer and musician who received $189 a month in food stamps, as well as government health insurance. "Welfare Wave" the graphic blared. In 2012, comedian Jon Stewart slammed Hannity for promoting the fiction that President Barack Obama had created "an entitlement society."
In 2013, Hannity complained that an African-American man in Tennessee had allegedly fathered 22 children who were receiving welfare. A Hannity guest called for sterilizing the man. Another Hannity guest opined that "the women should have kept their legs closed."

But when it came to accepting government support for his real estate investments, Hannity didn't keep his wallet closed. The ethic of rugged individualism gave way to the desire to have the federal government help line Hannity's pocket.

The ugly welfare stereotypes that Hannity advances -- an indolent African-American, a long-haired California hippy -- feed the grievances of his audience. Little do they know it is actually Hannity with his hand in the welfare cookie jar.
He is not alone. One of the biggest welfare queens of all is living large in public housing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. By one account, President Donald Trump has received $885 million in tax breaks from the government of New York alone. That doesn't count the federal goodies Trump scarfs up, most recently the millions he stands to gain from the tax cut he signed into law. (We won't know for sure until he releases his taxes. My guess is that will happen just after the hockey game played in hell.)
President Ronald Reagan, who popularized the concept of a welfare queen, understood the outrage many folks feel when people who don't need government assistance take it anyway. "The truly needy," he said in his 1983 State of the Union Address, "suffer as funds intended for them are taken not by the needy, but by the greedy."
Hannity issued a statement Monday: "It is ironic that I am being attacked for investing my personal money in communities that badly need such investment and in which, I am sure, those attacking me have not invested their money," he said. "The fact is, these are investments that I do not individually select, control, or know the details about; except that obviously I believe in putting my money to work in communities that otherwise struggle to receive such support."

Yes, Sean, I'm sure it's your own money. But it's being guaranteed with taxpayers' money. That's a government subsidy. And my guess is you used shell corporations to keep your name out of the documents because you didn't want your hypocrisy exposed.
Sean Hannity is a lot of things. Needy isn't one of them. Greedy, in President Reagan's framing, seems more like it. Perhaps the program that guarantees Hannity's investments is a wise one. Perhaps, on the other hand, it is a wasteful welfare program. That's not the point. It's the hypocrisy, stupid.
Hannity is a very wealthy man. So is Donald Trump. It appears that part of the way they became rich was by decrying welfare for poor folks, then grabbing it for themselves. They view their voters, their viewers, as saps. Stooges. Suckers. As another great huckster said, there's one born every minute. And Hannity is laughing all the way to the bank.
4/23/2018 9:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...414|415|416|417|418...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.