LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 4/24/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):
You just said it was a guess.

You do realize that a hypothesis and a theory are not the same, right?

Dumbass.
Yes. Guesses that have been tested are theories. Humans contributing to climate change is a theory.
4/24/2018 10:41 AM
there is a scientific consensus among the scientific community about climate change..
i think it is idiotic to wonder whether or not there is climate changes due to human causes that require human safety measures to stop what is happening.....it is a waste of time.
4/24/2018 10:43 AM
also why doeseverybody have to copy long posts in their posts.
4/24/2018 10:44 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/24/2018 10:41:00 AM (view original):

Dumbass.
Yes. Guesses that have been tested are theories. Humans contributing to climate change is a theory.
Nope. Hypothesis is more than a guess but less than a theory. Try again.

Humans are definitely contributing but we don't know how much. You are dumb.

For example if I gained 10 pounds YoY, I can surmise that drinking beer may have contributed 20% or maybe more. I don't know but I do know it contributed. Similarly with climate change. The Earth absorbs tons of materials from space and of course we have carbon emissions and volcanoes erupt, etc. We don't exactly know how much humans contribute but we do know that humans do contribute. The Earth is also a lot more populated now.

My point is that even NASA is not certain what human elements contribute more or less. I do agree that we should value the planet resources and I am thankful that we find innovative ways to grow food and find green sources of fuel.

Before I forget. You're dumb.

4/24/2018 11:10 AM
Posted by all3 on 4/24/2018 9:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/24/2018 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 4/24/2018 9:33:00 AM (view original):

The Grandview Golf Club in York, Pennsylvania, has apologized after it called the police on a group of black women after the co-owner and his father said the five-some was playing too slowly and refused to leave the course.

The women — who are all members at the golf club — were told they were not keeping the pace of play on just the second hole by former York County Commissioner Steve Chronister, who claimed to be the owner of the club. They claimed they were keeping pace with the group ahead of them, and talked with the golf pro at the course after Chronister confronted the group. They claimed the golf pro said they were fine.

“I felt like we were discriminated against,” Myneca Ojo, one of the women in the group, told the York Daily Record. “It was a horrific experience.”

After finishing the first half of their round, three members of the group decided to leave “because they were so shaken up by the incident.” The two who stayed to finish the round were then approached by Chronister, his son Jordan and several other white, male employees, who told them they had five minutes to leave the club and that police had been called. The reasoning, they said, was that they had taken too long of a break on the turn.

Jordan Chronister, who identified himself as the co-owner, was “aggressive, confrontational and condescending,” to the group, the women said.

The police arrived, conducted interviews with all parties, and left without charging anyone, saying that the “issue did not warrant any charges.”

JJ Chronister, Jordan’s wife and co-owner of the club, said she reached out to the group on Sunday to apologize and that she wanted to meet with the women in person.

“We sincerely apologize to the women for making them feel uncomfortable here at Grandview, that is not our intention in any way,” she told the York Daily Record. “We want all of our members to feel valued and that they can come out here and have a great time, play golf and enjoy the experience.”

The five women are part of a group in the area known as the “Sisters in the Fairway,” a group of very experienced golfers who play all over the country.

After they were confronted on the second hole, the women said they skipped the third hole to avoid any other issues.

“[Steve] said, ‘You’re going too slow, I’ll give you a refund,’ as if he didn’t want us as members,” Sandra Thompson, one of the women in the group, said of the confrontation on the front nine. “I said, ‘Do you realize we’re the only black women on this course, and you’re only coming up to us? We paid, we want to play.’ He walked off in a huff.”

JJ Chronister issued a second statement to the paper on Monday to explain why the police were even called in the first place, saying the group had violated their rules listed on the club’s scorecard.

“In the past players who have not followed the rules, specifically pace of play, have voluntarily left at our request as our scorecard states,” JJ Chronister told the York Daily Record. “In this instance, the members refused to leave so we called police to ensure an amicable result. The members did skip holes and took an extended break after the 9th hole. We spoke with them once about pace of play and then spoke with them a second time. During the second conversation we asked members to leave as per our policy noted on the scorecard, voices escalated, and police were called to ensure an amicable resolution.”

JJ Chronister had not yet met with the women as of Monday, however Thompson said they aren’t looking for a fast, simple solution. There’s a bigger problem here than them just getting kicked off the golf course, she said.

“We’re interested in getting long-term resolution, not short-term resolution,” Thompson said. “We’re not looking at surface or quick fixes, because surface or quick fixes doesn’t fix the mindset of what led to this.

“There needs to be something more substantial to understand they don’t treat people in this manner.”

Too long just post a link

Thanks
They skipped the 3rd hole? That means the group in front of them was already more than a full hole ahead of them after just two holes. That IS too slow. Far too slow. If I'm the group behind them, I'm glad somebody said something to them. Yet another example of people trying to bring race to a situation where it is totally irrelevant. THAT is as racist as anything.
The course allowed a fivesome out on the course. Of course they are going to be slower. The actions of the course went beyond reasonable though. I've playes with zillions of slow golfers over 35 years and have never seen anything like this happen.
4/24/2018 11:21 AM
Again why I no longer play. I generally pick up if I cannot finish a hole in eight shots. I am terrible but I can hit it pretty well off the tee.

I am not sure why race has to come to this. If they were five white guys who sucked it may have been the same result. IDK.
4/24/2018 11:28 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/24/2018 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/24/2018 10:41:00 AM (view original):

Dumbass.
Nope. Hypothesis is more than a guess but less than a theory. Try again.

Humans are definitely contributing but we don't know how much. You are dumb.

For example if I gained 10 pounds YoY, I can surmise that drinking beer may have contributed 20% or maybe more. I don't know but I do know it contributed. Similarly with climate change. The Earth absorbs tons of materials from space and of course we have carbon emissions and volcanoes erupt, etc. We don't exactly know how much humans contribute but we do know that humans do contribute. The Earth is also a lot more populated now.

My point is that even NASA is not certain what human elements contribute more or less. I do agree that we should value the planet resources and I am thankful that we find innovative ways to grow food and find green sources of fuel.

Before I forget. You're dumb.

A hypothesis is a guess based on an observation.

And again, that has been my point since the start. You just agreed with me.

I 100% agree with that. Look back through my arguments, and your post agrees with everything I have said.

See, is it really so hard to make a reasonable argument without ad hominem (until the last part)?
4/24/2018 11:28 AM
Come on Taint, "They claimed they were keeping pace with the group ahead of them," yet "they skipped the third hole to avoid any other issues". Both the ladies' words, yet both can't be true. You're not a full hole behind the group in front of you after just two holes unless you're playing slow as sheit. They also whined about being the only black women on the course. How on Earth would they know that? Did the sit in the parking lot or clubhouse for four hours before starting and monitor everyone? Why would they make such a racist assertion? York, PA is 25-30% black, with almost the same Hispanic population, so trying to say "The White man is picking on me." is lame reach and a travesty to actual racism that occurs everywhere. It's incidents like this that cause people to "ho-hum" actual issues, because they don't believe it's true. Remember the story about the "Boy who cried Wolf"? That's what happens with racism because of people like these women.
4/24/2018 11:51 AM
Posted by dino27 on 4/23/2018 8:16:00 PM (view original):
im not afan of historical fiction...thats why i never read deadwood.
Well yeah, it's historical fiction........ but it's so far beyond that. It's really a hilarious "take" on what MIGHT have been the final days of Wild Bill and his demise and possible reason for it. Thru the narrator........ Wild Bill's "sidekick" Charlie ??? (I can't recall his last name right now).... The book is near comic genius IMO.... The setting is just the locale that Wild Bill died at.

And yes, I meant Elmore Leonard.
4/24/2018 11:56 AM
So what did these five lady thugs do after their violent golf spree? Try to sit down at a Starbucks without ordering first? This is why we elected Trump. Things definitely got outta hand under the Kenyan. Time to restore law and order and whatnot. And to those libtards crying "racism" just stop it. DUMB!
4/24/2018 12:02 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 4/24/2018 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Well yeah, it's historical fiction........ but it's so far beyond that. It's really a hilarious "take" on what MIGHT have been the final days of Wild Bill and his demise and possible reason for it. Thru the narrator........ Wild Bill's "sidekick" Charlie ??? (I can't recall his last name right now).... The book is near comic genius IMO.... The setting is just the locale that Wild Bill died at.

The series Deadwood is outstanding!!!! Olyphant is awesome. He is excellent in Justified too.

dino, we need an owner in our dual prog. league. Want a team?
4/24/2018 1:02 PM
Trump keeps saying he’s innocent. So why does he keep sounding like he’s guilty?

“Most people will flip if the Government lets them out of trouble,” Trump tweeted over the weekend. He added: “Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that.”

By asserting that the government would not be able to “flip” Cohen, Trump invited a question: If the Russia probe is the “witch hunt” the president says it is — and if he is as innocent as he so often proclaims — what incriminating evidence would Cohen have on Trump that would give him leverage to flip?

It was only the latest instance of the president adopting a posture vis-a-vis his legal troubles that is both combative and defensive — and, perhaps unwittingly, seems to assume guilt.

Trump accused the FBI of going rogue by seizing Cohen’s records. He went to court to try to deny investigators access to his communications with Cohen. And he threatened to fire Justice Department officials, protesting overreach. Again and again, many legal experts say, the president has taken the steps of a subject who has something to hide, creating the appearance of a coverup even if there is no crime to cover up.

“I’ve seen criminal defendants do this before,” said Joyce White Vance, a former U.S. attorney in Alabama. “When they speak about topics where other people protest their innocence, these folks have an assumption of guilt.”

“A normal person,” she added, “would say, ‘You can go ahead and search my lawyer’s office and I’ll give you access to everything’ because they know they didn’t do anything wrong. With Trump, there’s this consciousness that things should remain hidden.”

As Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) put it last month after Trump’s then-attorney, John Dowd, called on special counsel Robert S. Mueller III to end his Russia investigation: “If you have an innocent client, Mr. Dowd, act like it.”

4/24/2018 1:09 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/24/2018 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 4/24/2018 11:56:00 AM (view original):

The series Deadwood is outstanding!!!! Olyphant is awesome. He is excellent in Justified too.

dino, we need an owner in our dual prog. league. Want a team?
which league.
4/24/2018 1:17 PM
Two Scoops Prog. An owner was just too busy. Good owners there including laramiebob.

The team is currently 7-0 but playing well over its head: We are in year eight and its 1971/1919. The team has two fist round picks next year and the foundation is a young Phil Niekro, then veterans, Milt Pappas, Bob Gibson, Pat Dobson and Doc Ellis. The hitting needs work but that is generally easier to draft.
St. Louis Bloods (owner: cccp1014)
Busch Stadium (St. Louis Cardinals: 1966-2005)
Name Season Franchise Pos Salary
Don Carrithers 1971 San Francisco Giants SP $1,467,542
Pat Dobson 1971 Baltimore Orioles SP $7,575,057
Dock Ellis 1971 Pittsburgh Pirates SP $5,932,264
Bob Gibson 1971 St. Louis Cardinals SP $6,801,198
Barry Lersch 1971 Philadelphia Phillies SP $4,655,081
Phil Niekro 1971 Atlanta Braves SP $6,219,377
Milt Pappas 1971 Chicago Cubs SP $5,015,979
Doc Ayers 1919 Detroit Tigers RP $3,030,878
Bob O'Brien 1971 Los Angeles Dodgers RP $651,531
Denny Riddleberger 1971 Washington Senators RP $1,155,867
Bill Atwood Prospect AAA C $200,000
Jerry May 1971 Kansas City Royals C $2,199,860
Donn Clendenon 1971 New York Mets 1B $1,307,572
Bob Robertson 1971 Pittsburgh Pirates 1B $3,968,258
Bobby Avila Prospect AAA 2B $200,000
Joe Gedeon 1919 St. Louis Browns 2B $3,169,206
Ted Kubiak 1971 Milwaukee Brewers 2B $1,890,789
John Lowenstein 1971 Cleveland Indians 2B $766,375
Tony Taylor 1971 Detroit Tigers 2B $1,702,685
Jim Fregosi 1971 California Angels SS $1,792,854
Tommie Agee 1971 New York Mets OF $4,066,030
Joe Keough 1971 Kansas City Royals OF $1,797,654
Ed Kirkpatrick 1971 Kansas City Royals OF $2,047,673
Manny Mota 1971 Los Angeles Dodgers OF $1,805,184
Ted Uhlaender 1971 Cleveland Indians OF $3,212,857
Active Roster Total Salary: $72,631,771
Matt Keough Prospect AAA SP $200,000
Mike Thompson Prospect AAA RP $200,000
Ron Tompkins 1971 Chicago Cubs RP $753,441
David McCarty Prospect AAA 1B $200,000
Chris Stynes Prospect AAA 3B $200,000
Fred Marsh Prospect AAA SS $200,000
Ron Blomberg 1971 New York Yankees OF $1,577,719
Darren Lewis Prospect AAA OF $200,000

4/24/2018 1:41 PM
So Trump's nominee to run Veterans Affairs, that doctor who said Trump's height and weight matched up with Tom Brady's, is a mean drunk who over-prescribes medication (I'm going to assume opioids) . It took 15 months but Trump appears finally to have made a bad decision.
4/24/2018 4:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...417|418|419|420|421...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.