LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

my nba dark horse 76ers are now in final 8.......20-1 in last 21.
4/29/2018 5:59 PM
Posted by tangplay on 4/29/2018 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 4/29/2018 11:10:00 AM (view original):
So you think sit-ins got National civil-rights legislation passed? Please, please stop posting and embarrassing yourself.
They helped. MLK did a lot. Both led by younger people.
If sit-ins were politically effective, drugs were have been legalized in the 60's.
No idea where to look up the numbers, but from everything I remember hearing from people who were young adults at that time, and seeing on TV about that era, there were a lot more sit-ins for drug legalization that there were for civil rights. Therefore "logic", except yours maybe, says that sit-ins were NOT the reason for civil rights improvements.
4/29/2018 7:39 PM
all3.....you were insulting to tangplay at the end of your post....we dont do it that way here.....if you are unable to converse without insults i will have to redline....there are reasonable ways to make your point........id prefer that you be able to post here with respect for others...otherwise you are what you insist that others are.

you compared drugs to basic civil rights..i think that is a fallacy of logic........they are not comparable......one is a moral and basic human rights issue and one is a lifestyle libertarian issue......plus i think you are wrong about the volume of demonstrating for pot compared to rallys for civil rights.
4/29/2018 8:08 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/29/2018 7:39:00 PM (view original):
So you think sit-ins got National civil-rights legislation passed? Please, please stop posting and embarrassing yourself.
If sit-ins were politically effective, drugs were have been legalized in the 60's.
No idea where to look up the numbers, but from everything I remember hearing from people who were young adults at that time, and seeing on TV about that era, there were a lot more sit-ins for drug legalization that there were for civil rights. Therefore "logic", except yours maybe, says that sit-ins were NOT the reason for civil rights improvements.
Did they not raise some political attention? Were young people also not behind the marches on Washington and in the south?
4/29/2018 8:10 PM
Also I didn't read anything about drug protests being larger.
4/29/2018 8:12 PM
of course, all forms of protest and social demands for civil rights had important impact and helped win the day.........many religious leaders were part of it.....at all levels...churches...temples...national leaders etc......it was a wave that swept the nation.
4/29/2018 8:21 PM
LOL....the sit-in's were occuring years before the drug counter-culture/hippy movement took place.
4/29/2018 8:42 PM
Posted by tangplay on 4/29/2018 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Did they not raise some political attention? Were young people also not behind the marches on Washington and in the south?
They absolutely did. Sit-In's,Freedom rides, and marches on Washington DC directly led to the Civil Rights Act.
4/29/2018 8:45 PM
i thought he was referring to late 60s but im not sure.......we should just salute anyone that marched and fought for civil rights for all...that should be a given...you would hope.
4/29/2018 10:15 PM
can you believe that mashed potatoes lindsey graham is talking about trump getting a nobel prize.
north korea is not going to literally denuke......they might give up a few nukes and they closed a testing site that was already scheduled for demolition..they will sign a peace treaty...south korea will accept it and be happy..our troops will stay with no excecises.....north korea will agree to no more tests and allow inspections....that why they rushed several tests.......they will make trump look good.......but they wont denuke.
china will resume full trade......south korea will trade
4/30/2018 8:12 AM
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/north-korea-s-nuclear-ambitions-met-their-match-president-donald-ncna868831

4/30/2018 8:21 AM
Posted by The Taint on 4/29/2018 8:45:00 PM (view original):
They absolutely did. Sit-In's,Freedom rides, and marches on Washington DC directly led to the Civil Rights Act.
I was not around in the 60s so cannot opine. You guys enjoy your debate. I will say that Selma is a great movie. As is 42. It boggles my mind how dumb and racist the deep south was back then.
4/30/2018 8:25 AM
i dont think so because all during the fire and fury they continued their tests and launches without fear until they stopped after the olympics.......that was 100% south korea......north korea is squeezed by sanctions...they have been.......they have their program....there is no way they would starve for 30 years to build a nuke program just to dismantle it.....that would not be likely.........they will make peace with some type of very long term plan to denuke.
by the time they breach they will already be a good neighbor to south korea.
it isnt really a bad result but not what trump insists on.
4/30/2018 8:31 AM
trump and his pecker friend have a big hit piece on cohen in the natl enquirer.......takeaway - trump does expect cohen to flip and he is going to nuke cohen starting now.
4/30/2018 8:34 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 8:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 4/29/2018 8:45:00 PM (view original):
I was not around in the 60s so cannot opine. You guys enjoy your debate. I will say that Selma is a great movie. As is 42. It boggles my mind how dumb and racist the deep south was back then.
Ironically, now the majority of the stories that you hear about racism are incidents in the north and west. If you think about it, it makes sense and is not surprising. In the mid-century, the south was democrat. Now the north and west is democrat.

Haven't seen Selma yet, but 42 was filmed mostly in Macon. I had a lot of buddies who were in it. Really good movie.
4/30/2018 8:43 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...433|434|435|436|437...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.