LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

the democratic party was racist until it started to join poor whites and african americans.........congressional dems in the south remained racist.... even past the 60s there were some racist southern dems in congress.........lbj and jimmy carter were the new southern dems.............racist voters found more of a home with the republican party.......it reversed.
4/30/2018 8:55 AM
dino, I mentioned Pecker/Cohen/Trump on the previous page. You've got this habit lately of repeating my posts, one day later!

Here's Tom Tomorrow on Trump's glorious Fox & Friends interview last week:
4/30/2018 8:56 AM
Posted by dino27 on 4/30/2018 8:55:00 AM (view original):
the democratic party was racist until it started to join poor whites and african americans.........congressional dems in the south remained racist.... even past the 60s there were some racist southern dems in congress.........lbj and jimmy carter were the new southern dems.............racist voters found more of a home with the republican party.......it reversed.
So they say, but when you hear stories of racism, it is typically in a liberal city.
4/30/2018 9:04 AM
Leftists don't realize that Affirmative Action is racist both against whites and African Americans. Their agenda is just mind boggling. Their whole ram down your throat that I should be privileged to be white is just annoying. Their anti Israel mantra is disturbing. And their everyone gets a trophy attitude is simply idiotic. Not all Dems are Leftists but all Leftists are Dems.

4/30/2018 9:29 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 4/30/2018 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 8:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 4/29/2018 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/29/2018 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 4/29/2018 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/29/2018 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 4/29/2018 11:10:00 AM (view original):
So you think sit-ins got National civil-rights legislation passed? Please, please stop posting and embarrassing yourself.
They helped. MLK did a lot. Both led by younger people.
If sit-ins were politically effective, drugs were have been legalized in the 60's.
No idea where to look up the numbers, but from everything I remember hearing from people who were young adults at that time, and seeing on TV about that era, there were a lot more sit-ins for drug legalization that there were for civil rights. Therefore "logic", except yours maybe, says that sit-ins were NOT the reason for civil rights improvements.
Did they not raise some political attention? Were young people also not behind the marches on Washington and in the south?
They absolutely did. Sit-In's,Freedom rides, and marches on Washington DC directly led to the Civil Rights Act.
I was not around in the 60s so cannot opine. You guys enjoy your debate. I will say that Selma is a great movie. As is 42. It boggles my mind how dumb and racist the deep south was back then.
Ironically, now the majority of the stories that you hear about racism are incidents in the north and west. If you think about it, it makes sense and is not surprising. In the mid-century, the south was democrat. Now the north and west is democrat.

Haven't seen Selma yet, but 42 was filmed mostly in Macon. I had a lot of buddies who were in it. Really good movie.
OK that is some BULL ****. First off, not true. Second off, the parties have shifted on racial issues and you know it. Why do you and Doug continue to politicize this?
4/30/2018 9:44 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 9:29:00 AM (view original):
Leftists don't realize that Affirmative Action is racist both against whites and African Americans. Their agenda is just mind boggling. Their whole ram down your throat that I should be privileged to be white is just annoying. Their anti Israel mantra is disturbing. And their everyone gets a trophy attitude is simply idiotic. Not all Dems are Leftists but all Leftists are Dems.

Again, this is a small portion of the party. You could make the exact same statements about neo-nazis for the Republicans. You are privledged to be white but you should not be guilty about it, most Dems do not hate Israel, and not everyone supports the everyone gets a trophy mantra.
4/30/2018 9:46 AM
Btw Alabama and Mississippi banned To Kill A Mockingbird and Mississippi banned Coming Of Age in Mississippi.... But nooooo, it is Democrats supporting race wars...

They banned it because the 'N word' was in it! LMAO!
4/30/2018 9:48 AM
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/pew-research-center-study-shows-that-democrats-have-shifted-to-the-extreme-left/

There are millions of Leftists and thousands of Neo Nazis. Another false equivalency from tangplay.
4/30/2018 9:49 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 9:48:00 AM (view original):
Btw Alabama and Mississippi banned To Kill A Mockingbird and Mississippi banned Coming Of Age in Mississippi.... But nooooo, it is Democrats supporting race wars...

Didn't they ban Beauty and the Beast movie too?
4/30/2018 9:50 AM
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/09/07/democratic-voters-are-increasingly-likely-to-call-their-views-liberal/
4/30/2018 9:51 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 9:49:00 AM (view original):
https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/pew-research-center-study-shows-that-democrats-have-shifted-to-the-extreme-left/

There are millions of Leftists and thousands of Neo Nazis. Another false equivalency from tangplay.
Exteme left? Ummmm.... Did you even read the article, or the graph? There are more liberals in the democratic party now, and less moderates exist. That is what the article said.
4/30/2018 9:52 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 9:50:00 AM (view original):

To be fair, in Beauty and the Beast, Gaston is in his late 20's and Belle is 17, I think. But I didn't hear about that.
4/30/2018 9:53 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 9:52:00 AM (view original):

Exteme left? Ummmm.... Did you even read the article, or the graph? There are more liberals in the democratic party now, and less moderates exist. That is what the article said.
Liberals = Leftists they are just using different verbiage imo.
4/30/2018 9:54 AM
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 9:50:00 AM (view original):

To be fair, in Beauty and the Beast, Gaston is in his late 20's and Belle is 17, I think. But I didn't hear about that.
It was because one of the guys was dancing with another guy in the end. I didn't see the movie so I don't know. My kids saw it and liked it.
4/30/2018 9:55 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 4/30/2018 9:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 4/30/2018 9:52:00 AM (view original):

Liberals = Leftists they are just using different verbiage imo.
Lol no. You are a liberal. You said it yourself. You lean left. In most countries that is far-left. Leftists are far-left.
4/30/2018 9:56 AM
◂ Prev 1...434|435|436|437|438...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.