LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Posted by crazystengel on 6/20/2018 3:04:00 PM (view original):
You guys aren't kidding about the dearth of quality comedy movies in the past decade. I tried to think of some and it was tough. There were some good ones in the 2004-2008 range but it's dried up since.

One movie that made me laugh in recent years was Mr. Kaplan (youtube trailer) out of Uruguay, which I saw on a plane a few summers ago. The main character's got a hilarious South American Larry David vibe going on. Funny film, some decent plot twists, nicely shot. Also turned me on to the music of Serge Gainsbourg thanks to this song that appears in it. I recommend it, but I have no idea where you'd find it.
...probably someplace in Montevideo...
6/20/2018 3:08 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/20/2018 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 6/20/2018 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Just our of curiosity, did you not like The Hangover? I thought it was great, but I know it is not everybody's taste.
and Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a fantastic movie!
"what's your favorite color?"
"Blue, no, yellow...ahhhhhhh"
I've never seen in. Maybe I'll rent it and see what I have missed.

I don’t want to talk to you nomore, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
we seem to have somewhat similar taste (at least in movie comedies). I highly recommend The Hangover . Very funny (you can skip hangover 2 and 3)
6/20/2018 3:35 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/20/2018 3:35:00 PM (view original):
Just our of curiosity, did you not like The Hangover? I thought it was great, but I know it is not everybody's taste.

I don’t want to talk to you nomore, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
we seem to have somewhat similar taste (at least in movie comedies). I highly recommend The Hangover . Very funny (you can skip hangover 2 and 3)
No. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-muh.
6/20/2018 4:02 PM
i am a seth rogen fan but ive never been interested in the hangover movies.
6/20/2018 4:48 PM
i am a proponent of the no barfing rule in comedies.
6/20/2018 4:50 PM
i think this qualifies as entertainment and recreation...oh canada legalized cannabis today....legally sanctioned inhalation begins in october...we need dear leaders like that.
6/20/2018 5:16 PM
Posted by dino27 on 6/20/2018 4:48:00 PM (view original):
i am a seth rogen fan but ive never been interested in the hangover movies.
um, seth rogen wasn't in the hangover movies. Watch the first one. you won't be sorry.
6/20/2018 6:57 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/20/2018 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 6/20/2018 3:35:00 PM (view original):

No. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-muh.
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naught in My sight, shall snuff it."[
6/20/2018 6:59 PM
i love the life of brian.
6/20/2018 7:15 PM
Life of Brian was good. In my opinion, The Holy Grail was better.
6/20/2018 7:18 PM
i love the religious satire......so perfect.....gore vidal stole what they did in one of his later books.
6/20/2018 7:22 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/20/2018 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Life of Brian was good. In my opinion, The Holy Grail was better.
The Holy Grail is almost unbeatable. My deluxe 35th Year Anniversary Edition (DVD) is the director's cut that adds back an additional 24 glorious seconds of never-before-seen footage.
6/20/2018 7:36 PM
Both great, but I prefer Life of Brian. Always kills me when Brian's mother shouts at the loons following him, "He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! Now, go away!"
6/20/2018 7:53 PM
...an additional 24 glorious seconds...!
6/20/2018 8:09 PM
Mothra my dear,
Though I often fear Godzilla
Please, you're scaring me
Mothra my love
Don't cocoon me
Mothra my dear

Hold your head up you silly girl
Look what you've done!
When you find yourself in the thick of it
Decimating bits of Tokyo that's all around you
Silly girl
6/20/2018 9:46 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...516|517|518|519|520...530 Next ▸
LEAVE MY ELEVATOR ALONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.