seble - do ONE thing that will show you care Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Update the National Champions page.
8/28/2017 4:07 PM
The champions list is probably the easiest. Many of us could care less about it(I don't even know where it's at) but there is much whining and moaning about it.

Personally, I'd just prefer addressing downtime. Even if it takes 3 months as opposed to 3 hours for something else.
8/28/2017 4:07 PM
Well, there you have it. miami beat me to it.
8/28/2017 4:08 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/28/2017 4:07:00 PM (view original):
While this is only technically cosmetic, it is likely really easy to do coding wise (otherwise he should just remove it completely).

The considering list would be a needed improvement (but it is a improvement, not something that looks blatantly wrong or is missing).
8/28/2017 4:10 PM
I would be fine with fixing the Nat Champs page as the one thing. Either of these would be fine. Throw us a crumb of love, seble.
8/28/2017 4:14 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 8/28/2017 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/28/2017 4:07:00 PM (view original):
While this is only technically cosmetic, it is likely really easy to do coding wise (otherwise he should just remove it completely).

The considering list would be a needed improvement (but it is a improvement, not something that looks blatantly wrong or is missing).
giving game play significance to the alphabetical order of names seems wrong to many - but I would be pleased to see seble do it if he regarded it as a mere improvement.
8/28/2017 4:15 PM
Forget all that little stuff seble. Hire me as as your junior developer! I'm young, hungry, and willing to put in work. As a plus I am able to put up with the constant bullshit from these "HOF" coaches. Not only do I have an impressive resume, but I am also an average HD coach.
8/28/2017 4:34 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/28/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Welcome back seble!

Please pick one thing - not a big thing - one thing in HD to address to show customers that you are back and care

My suggestion - fix the considering list glitch by adding a "show all" button. It is nonsense that alphabetical order currently matters. There are other possible fixes, but I bet this is the easiest.

If not this, nominate ONE other very discrete thing that seble could REALISTICALLY do

I think he could also address the considering list problem by ordering teams by (1) interest level & (2) whether a scholarship has been offered. And then within tiers (i.e. very high/scholarship offered, high/scholarship, medium/scholarship, medium/no scholarship, etc), teams are listed randomly and the random order changes every processing period.
8/28/2017 4:45 PM
My other recommendation: have a group of players (say, 50 D1 caliber guys) become available in the 2nd recruiting session (they are all newly discovered players and/or guys who reclassified). The second recruiting session is an absolute wasteland in D1 -- after the first cycle runs through, it is almost impossible to find quality recruits.

The "recruiting odds" system has done a great job of creating real recruiting battles because even if you are behind, you can do enough to hope that the dice rolls your way. But the inability to find a decent Plan B in the second recruiting stage hurts the losers of those battles. I'm not talking about having a bunch of 5 star players show up -- just having quality midmajor players would be a huge improvement.

It also makes me gunshy about switching jobs because I know that the second session will be worthless and I will have to play out a wasted season with players signed by SIMAI and crappy second session recruits. At least under 2.0, I could take over a crappy team and immediately go to work on my first recruiting class and lose with my guys and be invested in their development.
8/28/2017 4:56 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 8/28/2017 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Welcome back seble!

Please pick one thing - not a big thing - one thing in HD to address to show customers that you are back and care

My suggestion - fix the considering list glitch by adding a "show all" button. It is nonsense that alphabetical order currently matters. There are other possible fixes, but I bet this is the easiest.

If not this, nominate ONE other very discrete thing that seble could REALISTICALLY do

Change "Northern Illinois University" to "Northern Illinois." The fully spelled out name is a goofy looking outlier formatting-wise.
8/28/2017 4:56 PM
or just call it No Ill ?
8/28/2017 5:06 PM
Or "Not Illinois."
8/28/2017 5:17 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 8/28/2017 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Forget all that little stuff seble. Hire me as as your junior developer! I'm young, hungry, and willing to put in work. As a plus I am able to put up with the constant bullshit from these "HOF" coaches. Not only do I have an impressive resume, but I am also an average HD coach.
I vouch for Zags. He is indeed hungry and quite an average HD coach
8/28/2017 6:05 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 8/28/2017 4:56:00 PM (view original):
My other recommendation: have a group of players (say, 50 D1 caliber guys) become available in the 2nd recruiting session (they are all newly discovered players and/or guys who reclassified). The second recruiting session is an absolute wasteland in D1 -- after the first cycle runs through, it is almost impossible to find quality recruits.

The "recruiting odds" system has done a great job of creating real recruiting battles because even if you are behind, you can do enough to hope that the dice rolls your way. But the inability to find a decent Plan B in the second recruiting stage hurts the losers of those battles. I'm not talking about having a bunch of 5 star players show up -- just having quality midmajor players would be a huge improvement.

It also makes me gunshy about switching jobs because I know that the second session will be worthless and I will have to play out a wasted season with players signed by SIMAI and crappy second session recruits. At least under 2.0, I could take over a crappy team and immediately go to work on my first recruiting class and lose with my guys and be invested in their development.
I could buy in to this idea. But not for teams that lose battles - I think that's part of the risk. And you probably don't have much money left anyway...

But I think this could really help with job changes (which discourage moving up). Or for teams hit by EEs.

However, this seems like a major change and not really what OP was going for here. I say just fix the nat champs page and be done with it. I'm not a programmer but this seems like it could be done in less than a day's worth of work. If not then Seble must have a spent a bajillion hours into 3.0.
8/28/2017 6:07 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
seble - do ONE thing that will show you care Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.