Is anybody out there? Topic

Hi. I'm just sitting here in the Houston area listening to the rain. It has been raining for about 86 hours where I live. So far, we've been lucky. There is a lake in front of my house where a street used to be, but we have enough food to last about 4 or 5 days and we have electricity. Anyhow, my last basketball team is finishing its season (my team will get knocked out in the first round, that's standard operating procedure) and it would be nice if some people would join my league so I would have something to do. (You know, like complain about the 38% shooting and the 32 turnovers.) If anyone else in the Texas Gulf Coast is reading this please stay safe and the best of luck to you! Join my league! Save the SIM! NBA57009 I apologize for the high cap, but I'm really lousy at picking teams with anything less than about $55 million.
8/28/2017 9:29 PM
Stay safe and dry, Midge! I've got family and friends in that area, and it sounds pretty harrowing.
8/29/2017 1:08 PM
Thanks, we've been pretty fortunate so far. I just need for the water to stay out of my house for another 24 hours or so and then things should start looking better. On the other hand, it is on my front porch.
8/29/2017 2:42 PM
Glad to hear that you're as okay as one can be in that situation. Keep fighting the good fight.
8/29/2017 4:21 PM
Hang in there with it Midge! Think good thoughts!!!
8/30/2017 5:43 PM
It's funny how your worries can change from day to day in a natural disaster. On Friday and Saturday I was worried mostly about losing power. From Sunday through Tuesday I was worried about water getting into my house. Today, the big worry has been hoping that the plumbing holds up. Pretty soon, the problem is going to be that we are out of food. This is my first 1000 year flood, I didn't quite know what to expect.

P.S. If anyone from Coca-Cola is reading this, SEND ME SOME COKES!
8/30/2017 9:29 PM (edited)
What's the latest Midge? How's the water level and plumbing? Hopefully ya got your hands around a cool beverage! Give us all an update!

9/1/2017 6:26 PM
I think things are returning to normal for most people in town. There are a lot of people in town who lost everything. A house on the street behind me burned down yesterday. We have moved on to phase IV, food. We have enough food for about three more days and I'm hoping that we can get out and go places by Sunday. It's still a bit iffy, a lot of my neighborhood has drained, but the water in front of my house is still about 20" deep. I've never seen water drain so slow. All in all, we were very lucky.
9/1/2017 7:33 PM
Boy, that's some s...! A lesson for the rest of us; we never think it can happen to 'us' but it does. Best we can do is stay strong like you're doing! We're all sending you good thoughts for a great recovery!
9/1/2017 8:59 PM
This morning, the flood waters are finally gone from in front of my house. (It was still too deep when I went to bed last night.) I drove around the neighborhood for a few minutes. I've never seen so much mud. I want to thank everyone who sent positive vibes and/or donations to the people in need in Texas, Louisiana and beyond.
9/3/2017 10:49 AM
Is anybody out there? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.