when do transferring players appear? Topic

do they appear at same time as EEs are announced? or do they appear later in the recruit pool?
8/29/2017 3:44 PM
Transfer player leave immediately after the NCG has been played. However, you have to "discover" them via scouting in order to see them (there are no news announcements of their departure) or sometimes if your school is close enough to their new location, they will contact you via mail.

They will disappear from their teams rosters immediately after the NCG has played but if they did appear in a game, you can still view their ratings by locating that game(s) and clicking on their name to bring up their old player ratings.
8/29/2017 4:15 PM (edited)
if I have scouted the state where they are with the service, I should see them right?
8/29/2017 4:16 PM
Posted by metsmax on 8/29/2017 4:16:00 PM (view original):
if I have scouted the state where they are with the service, I should see them right?
Possibly depending on where they transfer to (it could be no where near where they were going before). A good portion go back to their original location when they where generated but some go clear across the country (internationals usually go back to their home country).

You would hope that FSS would also pick up transfers as they come into those states which you already have paid for, but I'm uncertain if this is the case since it is a fixed cost per recruit (and the transfer would be a new recruit you didn't pay for originally).

One of the drawbacks of buying FSS prior to RS2 maybe?
8/29/2017 4:35 PM (edited)
I've had transfers show up without me doing any extra scouting, so I'm pretty sure if you have the area they showed up in fssed they show up for you.
8/30/2017 9:36 AM
Assistant searches are helpful to find new players.
8/30/2017 6:53 PM
That's the way to do it. Scout with your assistant to find new players within a mileage range close enough to where you have already scouted states. Or if you have a ton of cash left, scout all states, then use the assistant to discover new players so you will pick up all transfers that way.
8/30/2017 11:32 PM
But how many transfers happen in HD? 15-20 throughout all 3 divisions?

In reality, D-I schools lose an average of two players per year, transferring to other schools. This would be a great addition to HD and make the second recruiting cycle relevant.
9/1/2017 2:29 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 8/30/2017 6:53:00 PM (view original):
Assistant searches are helpful to find new players.
Nah. Only Top 100 and transfers.
9/1/2017 2:30 PM
Is there a way to tell prior to the end of the season if a player is transferring? I have a player that I would like to keep, but he is blocked out by more talented players this season and is ****** about his playing time (lost 9 in WE). I would like to go and make plans to replace him if he is leaving.
6/6/2021 5:09 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 6/6/2021 5:09:00 PM (view original):
Is there a way to tell prior to the end of the season if a player is transferring? I have a player that I would like to keep, but he is blocked out by more talented players this season and is ****** about his playing time (lost 9 in WE). I would like to go and make plans to replace him if he is leaving.
while it does happen, it is very rare for a player without a broken promise to leave based on a playing time complaint. i have never had one myself. there's perhaps a 1% chance your guy leaves, so i wouldn't worry about it.
6/6/2021 9:53 PM
Thanks.
6/6/2021 10:50 PM
when do transferring players appear? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.