In the FA period, just picked up a couple of guys who only wanted an ST Invite, but when I try to Assign them to the minors I'm told that I can't do so due to the player's current contract and option status. I can't waive guys who aren't assigned... is there a work around to this or do I have to assign these guys to the ML squad and designate them post-ST if I don't want them? It annoys me that they'll make the $343k instead of the $54k
8/29/2017 10:09 PM
Too late now but should have offered Minor League with Invite. No workaround for your situation.
8/30/2017 5:05 AM
I've attempted releasing one of the guys and immediately offering him a Minor League w/Invite contract on the open market. Now we'll wait to 3p to see if he tells me to buzz off because he's got hurt feelings over being released.
8/30/2017 11:08 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Thanks PJ, that's helpful too. I thought that guys disappeared after they had been in unassigned limbo for 10 days, but I can't confirm that.

My release + resign method did work, so that's nice at least.
8/30/2017 3:36 PM
It's a coincidence you asked because I didn't even know until yesterday, I was trying to figure out what I was supposed to do and then noticed the game has special programming to route that type of guy onto the ST roster without being assigned
8/30/2017 4:22 PM
10 real life days. That's 30 HBD days. ST is only 18.
8/30/2017 4:22 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.