Knight - Pacific DIII Rebuild Topic

Season 112 update. Pacific was ranked #1 briefly, went 8-2 in non-con and undefeated in the conference season. Won the conference tournament. 2 seed in the NT. Now in the elite 8 after a win over a very tough New York City Tech team.

Big game against 1-seeded Whittier in a few hours.

11/20/2017 9:32 AM
Eliminated in the elite 8, oh well.

Finished ranked 5, RPI 3, SOS 8. It was a good year. My prestige is now A, after being C- two seasons ago.

Only graduate one player, hoping for the final four next season.
11/22/2017 12:06 PM
National coach of the year. Made it to the championship game. We play tomorrow.
12/21/2017 8:53 AM
Went from 5-22 five seasons ago to National Champion today!!!!!!!!
12/22/2017 8:38 AM
Notes on the championship:

- Cutting almost everyone after my first season and loading up on a 7 man recruiting class (one juco) paid huge dividends but will probably make me a one and done next NT (assuming I can find a way in).

- I consistently put only 6-9 minutes of practice time in each starting set and I changed from zone to press a couple seasons ago. Only one guy was a B+ in defense.

- game planning doesn't seem super important if your team is good. For the entire NT, I glanced at the opponent's roster to see if they had any huge weaknesses (none other than the 16 seed SimAI team did) and just moved my defense to either -2, -1, 0, +1, or +2 depending on their outside shooting. Never changed tempo from normal.

- I got lucky. I definitely should have lost my second round game to Trentonjoe's New York U team.
12/22/2017 11:59 AM
So I've let this thread go dead lately. It's way less interesting to post about success, but I thought I'd give an update.

In the two seasons (114 & 115) after the championship, Pacific went to the elite 8 twice. The 115 team had only two upper classmen. Really gave me hope for season 116 but I don't think the core of this team has a championship in it. Pacific is currently ranked 7 with a 6/13 RPI/SOS but I just don't have a good feeling. I wouldn't be surprised if the team gets bounced in the second round.
3/13/2018 12:35 PM
If you want to talk Snyder & Bateman into transferring to Vanderbilt for their senior years, I’d love to have them!
3/13/2018 10:23 PM
Pacific is still going well. 8 straight conference tourney titles (not as impressive now that the conference is basically empty), 9 straight national tourney appearances that include:

1 sweet sixteen
4 elite eights
1 final four
1 national championship
6/21/2018 5:33 PM
◂ Prev 12
Knight - Pacific DIII Rebuild Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.