OFFENSE vs DEFENSE league Topic

bump!! come on guys, for once a new and fresh idea....why does "60 million anything goes" get people signing up, but something like this doesn't
9/15/2017 7:48 AM
I'm still in
9/15/2017 12:34 PM
maybe because there is something people want to experiment with which requires 56+ million dollars in Salary cap.
9/16/2017 2:20 AM
Posted by maglor1 on 9/6/2017 3:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 9/6/2017 11:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by maglor1 on 9/6/2017 10:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pointfwd on 9/1/2017 11:00:00 PM (view original):
I am intrigued, but I think defense can still load up on 3s and boards too much. As nc says a lower cap would help that. Offense teams would have like 10+ mil left over! Interested though.
I easily exceeded 55 mil with just 7 players when making a test offense team.
That's either wasted minutes or excess usage.
I was still below 19,000 minutes, and was averaging below 21% per player for usage. If you consider those numbers to be in excess, then I guess I am not playing this simengine correctly. Also, if you don't want to get into fatigue situation of being forced to play someone below 100%, or be in usage problem situation within a game, you would need slight excess minutes AND usage.

"then I guess I am not playing this simengine correctly"

Correct.

as to why more people don't sign up: cap too high, parameters of theme not extreme enough, fatigue from playing too many leagues, irritation at wis in general are all plausible explanations. Some of those things have been brought up already. It's your league - do as you want. I also wouldn't really call it a fresh idea if you did one already.

Just some observations.
9/16/2017 10:48 PM
also: you say in the body of this post that you'll make some changes, but the original post remains the same.
9/16/2017 10:50 PM
◂ Prev 12
OFFENSE vs DEFENSE league Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.