Mordedai Needs 6 for season 45. NO INCENTIVES HERE Topic

Mordecai has just wrapped up our 44th season, and we are looking for a few new owners for season 45.

Mordecai is the 3rd most senior league in HBD. I have commissionered this world since season 2, and pride myself on quick rollovers. That being said, we HAVE gone public to fill the last 2 seasons, but I will continue trying to keep the world private for as long as possible.

Available teams:
AL North Team - This team struggled for several years, but after acquiring top draft picks and making several trades, is now a top contender with a lot of great young players. This is a win-now situation for the right owner. (TAKEN)

AL South Team - This team had one owner for the past 14 seasons, and has made the playoffs 9 of the last 12. They are starting to age a bit, but could go either way (break down and rebuild, or add pieces for another playoff run).

AL South Team - After 25 seasons, this team's owner has decided to move on. They were a playoff team for 11 straight seasons, but went into rebuild mode last season. This team will be a longer-term project.

AL South Team - This team has another long-term (19 seasons) owner who has left. They have been a .500ish team for many seasons, and need an owner who can make a couple key FA acquisitions to put them over the top.

NL North Team - This team has had 7 owners in 11 seasons, and seems to play much like the Buffalo Bills of the NFL. No consistent leadership means no direction in building a successful franchise. This is an organization screaming for a new long-term ownership.

NL East Team - This team has been unable to win more than 70 games for the past 6 seasons, so the minors are full of high draft picks and the team is ready to start contending soon.

NL East Team - This franchise had a new owner take over last season, who took the team from 78 wins to 101, and a World Series appearance (utimately losing in 7 games). The owner never said he wasn't returning, but I have not heard back from him, so I am making this team available. It is an immediate contender.

As for the world itself:

Mordecai is a great, low-key, competitive, yet friendly private league. No infighting, no drama, no traderaping... just a bunch of guys interested in competitive play. We have had several seasons where no owners have left and no openings to fill. Many of our owners have been here 30+ seasons and have this as their only team. I really couldn't ask for a better group of guys in this world.

While we don't have any hardcore membership rules, this is what I would like to see in a new owner:

- I prefer an owner who doesn't have several other teams. You're a member of Mordecai, I want you to pay attention to this team. I find that owners of large numbers of teams are not as attentive. They aren't necessarily bad owners... they just aren't as attentive. In general, I tend to shy away from anyone who has 5 or more teams already (although, I will consider owners with a lot of teams if they have a record of success)

- A proven track record. I will look at your history. If you have a bunch of one-and-dones, or have a history of your teams getting worse rather than better, we're probably not a good fit. I pride myself on finding owners who will commit to long-term, competitive teams.

- I want someone who can show they know how to play the game without tanking to get there. I understand the need to rebuild, but don't plan on winning 40 games per year on your way to "rebuilding". It IS possible to rebuild and be competitive at the same time. If your winning percentage stays under .400 for any length of time, expect a message from me.

- I like owners who are active in world chat. Contribute something to the world.

- Owners should be willing to maintain their minor league system. I dont expect you to sign overpriced free agents to try and win in the minors... but I dont think its asking too much to sign your draft picks, maintain a rested pitching staff, promote appropriately to prevent tons of retirements, etc.

- I will absolutely consider HBD n00bs, but you'll need to impress me with something more than an "I'll take team x" sitemail.

Anyone who can meet (or exceed) these criteria will likely be a good fit for Mordecai.

I know I sound like a hardass above, but this is only in the "find a new owner" phase. Once we get rolling, I chill out. :)

If you are interested in joining our world, please sitemail me ASAP. Thanks.

BTW... you will never see this world offer paid incentives to join (as long as I am commissioner). I believe those types of worlds result in a lot of short-term owners, and they'll be back in the same boat again in a season or two. I'm more interested in stable, long-term owners.
9/5/2017 2:43 PM (edited)
One team has been claimed. The owner is still deciding on which franchise he wants.
9/2/2017 10:26 AM
Updated to reflect additional teams that have become available due to owners going MIA at rollover.
9/5/2017 1:02 PM
Updated to reflect AL North team taken.
9/5/2017 2:43 PM
This has been a stable world for a long time. No major issue last season causing several to leave. Mostly just owners needing to cut back on the number of teams they have it appears.

If you like picking up a rebuilding team or want a playoff ready one, we have both and everything in between. Check the list of available teams in the first post.
9/6/2017 5:43 PM
Our list currently says 7 teams available, but one owner is working on coming up with the cash, so I'm holding that team (for now).
9/7/2017 8:06 AM
Bump.
9/14/2017 6:59 PM
Mordedai Needs 6 for season 45. NO INCENTIVES HERE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.