Non Qualifier on My Roster Topic

Question for the Vets out there. I have a freshman on my roster that I recruited (I am D2) that has remained ineligible since I signed him. I knew this was a risk when I recruited him. However, I don't understand what happens to him now? I see him on my roster as a non qualifier with a 2.2 HS GPA and a 3.5 gpa. Will I get him at the start of next season? Here is a link to him:

Hoops Dynasty – College Basketball Sim Games - Joel Spengler - Ratings - Phelan - Hoops Dynasty Basketball | WhatIfSports
9/1/2017 5:37 PM
he needed to sit out one season.
He will improve during the off-season and return as a soph. He should be eligible for a SR-5 season as well.
9/1/2017 5:48 PM
Non-qualifiers can be a great asset. Since I usually run a 10 man team, a starter and a backup for each position, I usually try to have one ineligible and one redshirt. That way I don't have anyone wasting on the bench for a whole season. There are two other advantages as well:

First, since they cant practice, put ALL of their minutes into SH (Study hall). Usually this will get their average over 3.0 for the next season, which they will be sophs and you wont need anymore minutes in SH. If you keep their GPA over 2.7, they will come back for a 5th season (4th of playing seasons) .

And if they are Seniors, and will be coming back, you will still get cash for recruiting for them since the sim will always act as if they are leaving. Just make sure they have that GPA over 2.7 and use that extra cash in that seasons recruiting.
10/4/2017 6:55 PM
Hmm does their IQ improve during that 1st year ?
10/4/2017 7:29 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 10/4/2017 7:29:00 PM (view original):
Hmm does their IQ improve during that 1st year ?
No
10/4/2017 7:59 PM
Non Qualifier on My Roster Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.