Is "Wants to Play" retroactive? Topic

If I offer a kid minutes to trigger the "wants to play" preference to G/VG, does the effect of that added preference retroactively apply to all actions performed prior to the offering of minutes, or only from that point forward? (i.e.-is it optimal strategy to offer the minutes immediately upon unlocking them so that you get an added boost to subsequent HV/CV actions? Or if it's a player I might want to attempt a redshirt on or who I'm not in an immediate battle for, is it possible to hold the minutes as an "ace in the hole" to get a boost later in recruiting beyond the mere bounce the offer would give?)
9/2/2017 5:00 PM
I believe promises are processed first each cycle. This would give a boost to any simultaneous recruiting actions as well as the actions in future cycles. They do not impact past recruiting actions.

If you know you will have to offer minutes to compete for a player you will get max value if you make your promise ASAP. For some players it makes since to not make promises, but you can't hold them as an "ace in the hole" in the way you suggest.
9/2/2017 5:58 PM
Offering promises as a last resort is definitely less valuable than offering them upfront, as mrslam says. The difference seems to be worth about a full grade of prestige, maybe more.
9/3/2017 12:06 AM
Thanks guys, that's what I thought. The letter grade of prestige (I assume that's at D1?) is good to know shoe!
9/3/2017 12:44 AM
Posted by rednu on 9/3/2017 12:44:00 AM (view original):
Thanks guys, that's what I thought. The letter grade of prestige (I assume that's at D1?) is good to know shoe!
Yeah, and that presumes max visits. The fewer visits done, the less the difference, obviously.
9/3/2017 10:09 AM
Is "Wants to Play" retroactive? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.