How good is this guy at D1? Topic

This hypothetical is for a D1 team (mid-level, not a championship contender) playing triangle and zone.

ATH - 75
SPD - 1
REB - 100
DE - 90
BLK - 85
LP - 100
PE - 35
BH - 1
P - 10

My questions:
1) How good is this guy defensively given the lack of SPD? Would your answer change if I were playing 2-3 vs 3-2 zone?
2) How good is this guy offensively given the lack of SPD and BH?
9/2/2017 6:41 PM
Could care less about the 1, would be a very good starter (14pts/7rebs), atleast til someone proves to me that spd matters at C
9/2/2017 7:50 PM
I believe 0nly and Benis preach a lot of speed at the bigs. I don't really know. I don't love that Ath either...
9/2/2017 8:22 PM
Take him for north texas
9/2/2017 8:28 PM
Agreed - he's would be a big upgrade over my sim-recruited talent at North Texas. But I'm also asking for future reference - how would he be on a more competitive team? So your thought about the ATH is helpful.
9/2/2017 8:47 PM
He's an okay defender. I wouldn't take him on a team trying to win multiple games on the nt, but hes okay.

I wouldnt give him much distribution because of the 1's. He'd be a turn on ver machine. Maybe he would be the 3rd option on a triangle team but ideally not.

He's an okay rebounder as well. The 75 ath is concerning; I shoot for 85+
9/2/2017 10:18 PM
Triangle/zone, the ath/spd hurts you less than it would in any other set or combination of sets. He's not ideal for a team trying to be elite, but he could certainly come off the bench and give you good minutes. He'll have some turnovers, but if you keep him at C, shouldn't be terrible. 14/7 sounds about right when his IQ is A- and up, assuming he's a scoring option getting 20+ minutes per game at that point. He'll be a liability against elite D1 defenders, though, so pay attention to how the defense against you is stacked up.
9/3/2017 12:25 AM
Appreciate the feedback!
9/4/2017 8:20 PM
How good is this guy at D1? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.