Is This The Correct Way to Do This? Topic

I should also add that there are several factors that can really jack up that simple outline above. Check out the last two sentences of the last dev chat above. Those last two sentences tell us that there is a "time to throw?" sub and a "too much pressure" sub.

Of course, this aligns with J. Conte's "Anatomy of a Pass" interview...so I do not think the core passing code has changed much.

nitros "James"
9/4/2017 11:21 PM

[play begins]
[pass or run]
[pass]
[where to target]
[check 1st and medium playbook]
[options are 2|12|48|30|8}
[computer picks 48 - medium]
[who to target]
[check formation for medium]
[options are 80|11|3|3|3]
[computer picks 80 - WR2]
[goto pass sub]

[pass]
[attempt pass yes|no]
[no]
[new target|sack|throw away|force pass]
[new target]
[goto where to target sub]

You ever read something and walk away knowing there are people in this world that are WAY smarter than you?
9/5/2017 1:36 AM
Absofrigginlutely !
9/5/2017 3:36 AM
nope

if you cant baffle em w/ bullsh*t

run the ball all over em
9/5/2017 6:33 AM
Let's not get too carried away. Without a doubt I am not smarter than anyone on these boards. I have spent a considerable amount of time learning what I consider basic things with the game that (frankly) should be posted in the FAQ and Coach 101 guidelines. Here are some thoughts surrounding this issue:

1. Talent still trumps almost everything. You really do not need to understand much to win a game with superior talent. As a result, it is my personal opinion that recruiting is still the most important aspect of the game. GID reflects real life very well in this area in my opinion.

2. The item we discussed in this thread concerns the basic interplay between formations and the gameplan. I am somewhat embarrassed to say that it took me almost 5 seasons once I returned to the game to figure out this basic question. I am shocked this information is not more readily available.

3. Finally, you need to understand that the information I posted is still just my best guess based on the information I can find and my own experience. I really hope basic things like the interplay between formations and the playbook are explained in detail at some point by the owners of this product.

Best of luck coaches. As always, sitemail me if I can help in any way.

nitros (James)
9/5/2017 10:02 AM
◂ Prev 12
Is This The Correct Way to Do This? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.