Home Improvement League-Cancelled Topic

So at the end of year five I will have my team (ie Pirates 1931 + up to 10 twisted players from the original '31 Roster)?
Question - I assume you can twist the same player more than once if you so desire?

9/5/2017 9:38 PM
Posted by benfc on 9/5/2017 9:38:00 PM (view original):
So at the end of year five I will have my team (ie Pirates 1931 + up to 10 twisted players from the original '31 Roster)?
Question - I assume you can twist the same player more than once if you so desire?

Yes to both, although it is tough to imagine why you would want to twist a player twice-your first twist would presumably be to his best available season, no need to twist him again
9/5/2017 10:06 PM
Posted by dspahlinger on 9/5/2017 10:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ozomatli on 9/5/2017 6:31:00 PM (view original):
If we are picking a team (i.e. 1902 Cardinals) that comes with a roster of players and that we will use for five seasons, why do we also need to draft our players using the draft tool?
Because of the twist players. If someone else ahead of you drafts a twist player season you want, the system will tell you that that player season is not available. That was used in the Elimination League that retiredfart recently filled (which I joined).
Ok, that makes sense but I think I am still missing something.

Why would I need to draft my twists via the draft utility? Do other people have the ability to "steal" my twist players?
9/6/2017 3:32 AM
OK the problem has to do with clones. My desire was to allow more than one season of a player but not the same season. As far as I can determine, in setting up the league if you do not use the draft tool your choice is either to allow clones or not allow clones. If you allow clones, that includes the same season of a player. Using the draft tool allows you to use all clones, or only to allow different seasons. I want to allow different seasons of the same player because otherwise an owner may not be able to "twist" one of the players he wants to if the player has already been drafted by an owner ahead of him in the draft order. Using the draft tool, he can draft a different season of the wanted player (and nearly all good players have more than one very good season).

My basic game plan is once we are full, I will set the draft to start with the shortest possible interval (2 minutes) so the time set by the tool for the entire draft will pass very quickly and we will all be free to draft our entire teams ignoring the times set by the tool, BUT WE WILL NEED TO PROCEED IN STRICT ORDER AS DETERMINED BY THE RANDOM DRAFT LOTTERY. So owner #2 cannot start his draft until owner #1 has completed loading his 25 players, then after owner #2 has completed loading his 25 players owner #3 may start etc.This will ensure that no player will be drafted for the same season (player seasons will be unique but not players).

I plan to set the team selection draft order in 4 hour intervals (10:00 AM, 2:00 PM, 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM) over a six day period starting on a Monday and ending on a Saturday. An owner will have 4 hours from the start of his assigned time to load his team. If he drew the 10:00 PM time, he actually will have until 10:00 AM the next day to load his team.

Bear in mind that except for the first pick, owners may not necessarily get their first choice of team. I think owners should do enough research to have 4-6 possible teams in mind for their choice. I will make every attempt to get the random lottery done as soon a possible after we are full so that we will all know our draft position for team selection.
9/6/2017 9:33 AM (edited)
Dave, that explanation makes it all very clear. Thanks

BTW, I'm in.
9/6/2017 9:40 AM
I'm in
9/7/2017 9:51 PM
◂ Prev 12
Home Improvement League-Cancelled Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.