Pretty boring around here lately.

I'll start:

- Cap D3!
- Fix EEs!
- Decrease downtime!
- Preferences aren't intelligent!
- Recruiting is nothing but a math problem!
- Seble abandoned us!
- Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island!
9/6/2017 6:14 PM
Don't rock the boat.....enjoy the peace..
9/6/2017 6:16 PM
No
They're fine
It's fine
Now you're talking
Yawn
Try therapy
There are lots of islands in the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. Presumably a few roads, too.
9/6/2017 6:31 PM
It's all pretty irrelevant if you're not going to quit when your credits run out if not fixed.
9/6/2017 6:35 PM
I have always enjoyed Rhode Island's official name. The Commonwealth of Virginia makes me giggle as well.
9/6/2017 6:43 PM
RHODE ISLAND AS VIEWED THRU HOOPS DYNASTY GLASSES:

I'm actually from Rhode Island. According to the HD map that was created, i might be the only Rhode Islander here.

The actual "Rhode Island" is known locally as "Aquidneck Island". This island, in HD terms, is the home of Div-3 Salve Regina. Three towns and 4 high schools are represented in HD on Aquidneck Island... north to south, Portsmouth, Middletown and Newport... high schools are Portsmouth HS, Middletown HS, and Rogers HS (Newport), along with St George's Prep (on Middletown-Newport border).

So, D-3 Salve is in the SE part of Newport, in one of the Gilded Age mansions on Bellevue Avenue.
D-3 Roger Williams is north just over the Mount Hope Bridge from Portsmouth, in the town of Bristol.
D-3 Johnson and Wales is in southern Providence on the bay.
D-3 Rhode Island College is on the north side of Providence in Mount Pleasant. Anyone at RIC recruiting a Mount Pleasant student should have a miles away notation of "0".

D-2 Bryant is northwest of Providence in the town of Smithfield, north of I-295.

To finish this up, D-1 includes Providence, near RIC.
Brown is 4 miles from PC, on the East Side of Providence.
URI is 30+ miles south of Providence, near our beaches in beautiful South County, maybe 15 miles west of Newport.

Any other Rhode Island questions are welcome.
9/6/2017 7:25 PM (edited)
I don't know anything about RI other than my buddy is a coach at Brown.
9/6/2017 7:36 PM
Rhode Island has some wonderful seafood when I ate there.

Rhode Island questions
1. What is the best seafood dish you can get in Rhode Island and how do you make it?

2. There are local breweries in every state. What is Rhode Island's best brewed beer?
9/6/2017 9:22 PM (edited)
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 9/6/2017 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Rhode Island has some wonderful seafood when I ate there.

Rhode Island questions
1. What is the best seafood dish you can get in Rhode Island and how do you make it?

2. There are local breweries in every state. What is Rhode Island's best brewed beer?
I think I am renting a house and spending my vacation in Rhode Island this summer, for the beers.
9/6/2017 9:34 PM
Newport beaches are nice. RI is nice. RI is Massachusetts. No difference.
9/6/2017 10:16 PM
Hey guys, great questions. Tough to answer.

Beer:
- Providence: Trinity Brewhouse, and Union Station, both downtown.
- Near URI: Mews Tavern has huge selection.
- Local beer... not sure, but Narragansett beer was revived several years ago. Newport Storm is local.

Seafood:
- Providence: Hemenway's is really nice. Places on Federal Hill offer seafood. Other fancier places too but I'm not Rockefeller you know. Jim Boeheim used to go to Capriccio's downtown. Also, Providence places are within a short 15 minute walk from each other, including the Dunk.
- Newport: a string of great restaurants and bars downtown are in the harbor... the Mooring, Black Pearl... anything on America's Cup Ave along the wharves... great setting. Jamestown, small village, has several cool restaurants too.
- Near URI: The Spain Restaurant down near Point Judith is fancy. Heard great things about the Matunuck Oyster Bar. More family style place is George's in Galilee.

Seafood type:
- me, i get cod, with lemon and garlic, very simple, clean, light and smooth. I'm not a shellfish guy.
- lot of people get lobster of course, the real authentic giant Maine type is caught off RI too.

Hey, I'm getting hungry!
9/6/2017 11:48 PM (edited)
I grew up in Massachusetts and still don't know anything about Rhode Island.
9/7/2017 1:02 AM
Posted by thewizard17 on 9/7/2017 1:02:00 AM (view original):
I grew up in Massachusetts and still don't know anything about Rhode Island.
Yeah i was joking, I doubt that is true.
9/7/2017 8:09 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
"- Local beer... not sure, but Narragansett beer was revived several years ago."

The clam bake recipe on the back of the Narragansett can is pretty damn good. Just sayin'
9/7/2017 9:39 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.