Massachusetts is nice. I've been to and around Boston twice. If you go to Salem, buy a witch's hat and go to the Witch Museum. 99.9% of Salem's income is the witch thing. If you go to Concord, visit Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and see the graves of Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, and Louisa May Alcott.

And remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLMaCprRcu8
9/7/2017 2:15 PM
Gansett's are great lawn mowing beer, but really only a small step above Coors light. Right now the two best breweries in the state are Grey Sail (Captains Daughter is their DIPA - hazy New England style loaded with mosaic hops), and Proclamation. Grey Sail's Pour Judgement is also decent, but no where near the level of Captains Daughter. Everything I have had from Proclamation (IPA and DIPAwise) has been excellent--they are consistently putting out dank and juicy New England IPA's.

Right over the border in Stonington CT there is also Beer'd Brewing. Funky location with consistently good DIPA's, although in my opinion they are a little on the boozey tasting side (most of them are 8-9%).
9/7/2017 2:25 PM
Posted by waykbordr on 9/7/2017 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Just looked it up and my county (burliegh county ND) is much larger than little Rhodie, but much less populated because I live in a $)(!TTy place. But hey we did have an amazing this happen here yesterday! We had an actual orangutan come make a speech and almost half his words were coherent, pretty amazing I know!
Lived in Dickinson pre-oil boom...I feel your pain. Just remember, 50 below keeps the riffraff out.
9/7/2017 3:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/6/2017 6:35:00 PM (view original):
It's all pretty irrelevant if you're not going to quit when your credits run out if not fixed.
I was about to just bump this thread and say how boring it is around here lately.

And then I saw this beauty from MikeT who... (wait for it) is currently playing out his credits and then quitting HD and HBD. Classic!

I miss my MikeT
4/18/2018 6:15 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/18/2018 6:15:00 PM (view original):
It's all pretty irrelevant if you're not going to quit when your credits run out if not fixed.
I was about to just bump this thread and say how boring it is around here lately.

And then I saw this beauty from MikeT who... (wait for it) is currently playing out his credits and then quitting HD and HBD. Classic!

I miss my MikeT
Thank god he will be gone
4/18/2018 9:22 PM
I know I've been away from the forums as well. Work has kept me busy. But it doesn't seem like I've missed much either
4/18/2018 9:26 PM
Just looked it up and my county (burliegh county ND) is much larger than little Rhodie, but much less populated because I live in a $)(!TTy place. But hey we did have an amazing this happen here yesterday! We had an actual orangutan come make a speech and almost half his words were coherent, pretty amazing I know!
Don't be a downer, wakeboarder, it's pretty easy to believe an orangutan hears you
4/18/2018 9:58 PM
I'm heading to Providence in July-- anyone got an update on the food/beer scene?
4/19/2018 8:46 AM
Posted by georgereiss1 on 4/18/2018 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 4/18/2018 6:15:00 PM (view original):

I miss my MikeT
Thank god he will be gone
Hypocrite. MikeT was constantly bashing those that quit, but when things don't go his way, he kicks and whines, while doing the exact same thing.

Minus a few idiotic posts from Spud, at least we have some normalcy around here now.
4/19/2018 4:23 PM
I've actually spent a few weeks in Burleigh County - a couple of baseball tournaments in Bismarck. I don't think I'd want to live there, honestly, but it's not a bad place to spend a week in early August when it's 95 with a heat index of 115 at home.
4/19/2018 9:10 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.