You will NOT be banned Topic

10/10/2017 11:25 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I don't think many are saying that at all. No one I know is preventing some "country boy" (was not MY stereotype!) from wearing a Confederate flag T-shirt that I know of. If someone wants to exhibit poor taste and judgment I know of no movement to stop that. Perhaps the opposite....... witness Kardashian of your choice (or Jenner for that matter)......... I see offensive (to some) T-shirt slogans every time I go out in public nearly. I've seen women wearing T-shirts that say lick me........... it's all fair game. Poor taste is everywhere.

Here in Arizona we had to have a big whoop-to-do about a historical mountain name. Someone decided "Squaw Peak" was offensive to native women I reckon. Probably was to some. Likely not to others. So they changed the name and named it after a native woman who served in the military, posthumously if I remember right. Anyway nobody can spell or pronounce (nearly) the new name and most folks still call it squaw Peak, PLUS there's streets with the same name in the area (Squaw Peak lane or something!)..

Yet.......... (my big confusion) No one seems to think nothing about having a high school named Cortez High. Bugs me. I've asked around about it. It's quite an old High school........ like historical as far as Phoenix goes (which ain't a lot!).......... Alice Cooper (and most of his original band) went there.
I asked a (different) High School Superintendent once how it is we have a High School in Arizona named after Cortez the Killer.............. She just looked at me as if I was a martian or something. Somebody else once tried to tell me it was after some bean picker (or was it nose) that was locally famous or something............. I think they said it was some guy named Pedro Cortez............. but I think upon reflection that that guy might have been pulling my leg. He also tried to tell me that Centipedes left little railroad track-like marks on your skin if they crawled over you when you were sleeping, but I'm still skeptical about that one, too............. Anyway, sorry for the windbag like posting all just to state that the whole world's all f''d up and nobody seems to have a clue what truth (or even facts) is/are.

I think I'll go burn a bunch of carbon to get out to the mountains and hole up for a time. Drink me some cheap beer, fornicate as much as possible, and just kinda relax and enjoy life. You guys figure it all out and let me know when the Chump/King wannabe is/has been removed. Send a note via packmule to Occupant c/o Rock shelter
Somewhere in Cochise Stronghold canyon
Dragoon Mountains, AZ

:-)
10/10/2017 3:13 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/10/2017 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/10/2017 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 10/9/2017 10:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/9/2017 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/9/2017 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/9/2017 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 10/9/2017 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/9/2017 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 10/9/2017 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/6/2017 5:00:00 PM (view original):
dude, opinions can't be wrong. They're opinions.
Wow, you're desperate enough to go full-out b_l? We already had this discussion.
we all know you think opinions can be wrong. For instance, any opinion that does not match yours is wrong as far as you're concerned, right?
So, are you and tang dating now, or just "friends"? It's "cute" how you answer for each other.
I'm not Mike or b_l, and am not having the same exchange over and over again.
In my opinion that would be a waste of time, yet you seem to think THAT opinion is wrong You also seem to think my opinion that you are dumb for not being able to understand peacefully protesting and peacefully protesting while disrespecting the Country is wrong.
Again, show me where kneeling is disrespecting the country.
Show me where it's not.
OK. People kneeling are using their right to peacefully protest, which is exactly why this country is great. The national anthem and flag isn't really something that 'represents' anything in my opinion. It is a manufactured way to generate patriotism. What RC is trying to say is saying that we should all honor the flag leads to fascism. In my opinion the right to do what Kaepernick did and others will do and forcing them not to is one of the main differences between fascism and the United States. It is why this country is so great.
There is nothing legally wrong with kneeling during the anthem. It has become an accepted norm of decency that you rise and remove your hat during its playing in honor of people like RCBracco that risk their life for this country. When you kneel, you are disrespecting all of the people and their families that gave their life, so that you can protest. This is how it's disrespectful. You are not disrespecting the flag when you kneel. The flag is nothing more than a symbolic, innate object. You are disrespecting the public servants that gave their lives. Protesting is fine, but it can be done in a manner that is respectful of those mentioned above. Having the right to do something doesn't make it right.
No. When you kneel you are not necessarily disrespecting the flag or the military or the country. That is the just the way you choose to interpret it, which is your right. However, you don't know what is any of those peoples minds and hearts when the kneel during the anthem, so for you to say they are disrespecting anything makes little sense. I've seen and heard many veterans say they do not feel disrespected in the least. So, if the people you say are being disrespected do not feel disrespected, what makes your view correct? In all fairness, I have heard numerous vets and military folks say they do feel disrespected. But just because they feel disrespected, does not mean that the people kneeling intended any disrespect.
It's about perception and how these acts offend even a single person. We are removing historical monuments and renaming federal holidays because some people are offended.

On one hand liberals say "shut up and deal, we have free speech rights and you being offended is not our problem." Then they turn around and say some country boy wearing a Confederate flag T-shirt is offensive to a small group of people and therefore must be stopped.
how you or I perceive someone's action may not be how they intend those actions. Shouldn't how they intend their actions count for more than how you (or anyone else) perceives them. Personally I don't care if someone wants to wear a confederate flag. Just out of curiosity, is it disrespecting the flag if someone wears a T shirt with a likeness of the flag on it? or some other article of clothing? If not, why is that different?
10/10/2017 6:40 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/10/2017 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/10/2017 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/10/2017 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 10/9/2017 10:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/9/2017 7:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/9/2017 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/9/2017 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 10/9/2017 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/9/2017 12:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 10/9/2017 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/6/2017 5:00:00 PM (view original):
dude, opinions can't be wrong. They're opinions.
Wow, you're desperate enough to go full-out b_l? We already had this discussion.
we all know you think opinions can be wrong. For instance, any opinion that does not match yours is wrong as far as you're concerned, right?
So, are you and tang dating now, or just "friends"? It's "cute" how you answer for each other.
I'm not Mike or b_l, and am not having the same exchange over and over again.
In my opinion that would be a waste of time, yet you seem to think THAT opinion is wrong You also seem to think my opinion that you are dumb for not being able to understand peacefully protesting and peacefully protesting while disrespecting the Country is wrong.
Again, show me where kneeling is disrespecting the country.
Show me where it's not.
OK. People kneeling are using their right to peacefully protest, which is exactly why this country is great. The national anthem and flag isn't really something that 'represents' anything in my opinion. It is a manufactured way to generate patriotism. What RC is trying to say is saying that we should all honor the flag leads to fascism. In my opinion the right to do what Kaepernick did and others will do and forcing them not to is one of the main differences between fascism and the United States. It is why this country is so great.
There is nothing legally wrong with kneeling during the anthem. It has become an accepted norm of decency that you rise and remove your hat during its playing in honor of people like RCBracco that risk their life for this country. When you kneel, you are disrespecting all of the people and their families that gave their life, so that you can protest. This is how it's disrespectful. You are not disrespecting the flag when you kneel. The flag is nothing more than a symbolic, innate object. You are disrespecting the public servants that gave their lives. Protesting is fine, but it can be done in a manner that is respectful of those mentioned above. Having the right to do something doesn't make it right.
No. When you kneel you are not necessarily disrespecting the flag or the military or the country. That is the just the way you choose to interpret it, which is your right. However, you don't know what is any of those peoples minds and hearts when the kneel during the anthem, so for you to say they are disrespecting anything makes little sense. I've seen and heard many veterans say they do not feel disrespected in the least. So, if the people you say are being disrespected do not feel disrespected, what makes your view correct? In all fairness, I have heard numerous vets and military folks say they do feel disrespected. But just because they feel disrespected, does not mean that the people kneeling intended any disrespect.
It's about perception and how these acts offend even a single person. We are removing historical monuments and renaming federal holidays because some people are offended.

On one hand liberals say "shut up and deal, we have free speech rights and you being offended is not our problem." Then they turn around and say some country boy wearing a Confederate flag T-shirt is offensive to a small group of people and therefore must be stopped.
Again, there is a difference of hate speech and protesting.
Yes, the difference is how the Leftists respond to the speech. Protesting the removal of Confederate monuments- hate speech. Protesting the National Anthem- protected speech.

Some people think the rainbow flag is hate speech directed at Christians who believe in traditional marriage. Does that make the rainbow flag de facto hate speech? No. Not everybody that has Gay Pride is anti-Christian. Not everybody that has Southern Pride is anti-black.

The problem is Leftists want to eradicate everything the media tells them is offensive. They believe in free speech just as long as they are ok with the speech.
10/10/2017 6:52 PM
Protesting the removal of confederate statues bothers me not at all. That is not hate speech. hate speech would be saying you can't remove those statues because the confederates kept n****** where they belong.
10/10/2017 7:30 PM
as long as its done peacefully it is not hate speech.
10/10/2017 7:31 PM
I hate you

see how peaceful that was
10/11/2017 1:31 AM
I hate you too, baggie...you dumbass canuck
10/13/2017 3:31 PM
why did that feel like a hug
10/14/2017 9:36 PM
So you found the Dukes of Hazard offensive? Dumb Leftist.
10/15/2017 9:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
You will NOT be banned Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.