WAYNE OR MARIO?

Choose either Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux as your main man. Wayne teams will be in the CCC and Mario teams will be in the POW.

Draft any player that played with your Wayne or Mario, including juniors and national team play. HOWEVER, you may only use their WIS seasons that are from the Western Conference (CCC) if you have Wayne and Eastern Conference (POW) if you have Mario.

You may only have 4 centers on your team. That's 4 Waynes or 4 Marios. They must play on every line and be your only centers.

Rules
1. No player on your team can have a higher SH% than your highest Wayne of Mario.
2. DEF rating is capped at 80 (except for your Waynes and Marios).
3. Goalies must follow the above rules AND be from the 80s.
4. No split season stats.

The Rest...
No WW; No ML; No SUS/INJ; No PI; No Ties

120M Cap
9/15/2017 7:04 PM (edited)

1. darny - Wayne Gretzky

9/10/2017 11:52 AM (edited)
If someone uses Gretzky 85/86 as their ssls can other years of Gretzky be used by anyone else or are ALL Gretzky's years off-limits?
9/8/2017 2:57 PM
Posted by taybaijor on 9/8/2017 2:57:00 PM (view original):
If someone uses Gretzky 85/86 as their ssls can other years of Gretzky be used by anyone else or are ALL Gretzky's years off-limits?
Then Gretzky is exclusive. No one else can use him.
9/8/2017 8:23 PM
Wayne Gretzky 1981-1982
9/9/2017 11:53 AM (edited)
1976-77 Steve Shutt!
9/9/2017 1:26 PM (edited)
Commish...if I may. I dont often do this but I do have a suggestion. Good concept except for the def rating part. That leaves many players out before the draft even starts. Maruk, Stoughton, Lanny, Jacques Richard, Ogrodnick etc.
9/9/2017 2:14 PM
Posted by the_skipper on 9/9/2017 2:14:00 PM (view original):
Commish...if I may. I dont often do this but I do have a suggestion. Good concept except for the def rating part. That leaves many players out before the draft even starts. Maruk, Stoughton, Lanny, Jacques Richard, Ogrodnick etc.
"the_skipper's" question is quite & very legit, as DMaruk
is in the no.# 13 slot on the Commish'd list...
9/9/2017 2:29 PM
Just to clarify - You don't choose the season just the player. Then it's your choice when you draft your team what season to use. No need to post seasons.

Each player is exclusive. Not the season - the player. So, if Gretzky is selected, no one else can select Gretzky.
9/10/2017 11:50 AM
Posted by the_skipper on 9/9/2017 2:14:00 PM (view original):
You're right. I just don't want to see the same player I keep seeing in the leagues. It's getting old fast. I could put an overall DEF cap on the league. Would that help?
9/10/2017 11:51 AM
NEW RULES!!!!!!!!
9/15/2017 6:37 PM
Sorry buddy I don't like the new rules I'm out
9/16/2017 12:16 PM
Suggestion: One conference has Wayne. The other has Mario. Anyone who played with them = okay. Forget Junior and International crap .. leave everything else alone and allow to twist to any season.. and goalies too.. who wants to get stuck with Fuhr and Hrudey ? We will see them on 12 teams

.............................................................................................................................................................................

Right now, here is what is keeping me out of this one:

1. No player on your team can have a higher SH% than your highest Wayne of Mario.
2. DEF rating is capped at 80 (except for your Waynes and Marios).
3. Goalies must follow the above rules AND be from the 80s.
4. No split season stats.

Kind of complicated, and I am just too impatient to bend my head that far. Kill the rules.. Fill this league

Injuries at 4 will limit the split stats.. and let us have someone from '91 if say we have #99 so that can be Richter.. or Hrudey, and etc.

Capping D rates kind of kills it too.. and not many D rates of 96 - 7's in the 80's. I can think of about 6

and then there's this one:

you may only use their WIS seasons that are from the Western Conference (CCC) if you have Wayne and Eastern Conference (POW) if you have Mario.

(K.I.S.S.)
9/19/2017 6:28 AM (edited)
The rules are fine. Something different.

I think the rules make it obvious that POW is either Wayne or Mario and CCC is the other.
9/19/2017 12:01 PM
Posted by kiteport on 9/19/2017 12:01:00 PM (view original):
The rules are fine. Something different.

I think the rules make it obvious that POW is either Wayne or Mario and CCC is the other.
2 guys have said they don't like them
9/21/2017 8:50 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.