Number of Diamond in the Rough players Topic

How does WIS determine how many Diamond in the Rough players that a franchise gets in a season? Our team always gets only one, while I see other teams get 3 or players at a time.
9/9/2017 11:18 AM
You didn't pay the extra $10/season for the gold package, which gets you extra DITR.
9/9/2017 6:34 PM
WIS has said there are factors that can boost (and one would assume reduce) # of DITR. They have not said what those factors are, but it's safe to assume some owners have figured it out or have a pretty good idea.
9/10/2017 1:01 AM
Posted by joshkvt on 9/10/2017 1:01:00 AM (view original):
WIS has said there are factors that can boost (and one would assume reduce) # of DITR. They have not said what those factors are, but it's safe to assume some owners have figured it out or have a pretty good idea.
I run my team basically the same way every season, same budgets, etc.

The number of DITR's I get still range from 1 to 4 every season.
9/10/2017 6:37 PM
My WAG is that those teams who get more DITR's may simply have a higher ratio of guys throughout their MiL system that qualify for DITR status, (meaning low OVR ceiling guys). If that's the case I'd expect teams who sign a lot of tryout camp guys to get more DITR's. I'll leave it to someone less lazy than my to figure it out though.
9/10/2017 9:36 PM
My teams that are in Win Now mode, that are more successful in the bigs and have bad minor league sytems, get worse and fewer DITR than my teams that are doing badly and have better systems. So it seems.
My conclusion is that 1) More wins leads to worse DITR (doubtful) OR 2) A better minor league system leads to better DITR (possible) OR 3) It's all random and this is too small a sample size.

Hope that helps! (it did not help)
9/11/2017 3:38 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Sign more players in the draft, get more DITR. Simple. That's why it's important to sign as many draft picks as possible every year. Not only do you get more ping pong balls in the DITR lottery, but you also keep a good stock of minor league free agents. When you get to the end of the season, use your leftover money to sign your unsigned draft picks. If you don't want them, release them and they stay in the FA pool which helps maintain a decent minor league system for all. If you don't do your due diligence during draft prep and rank your players other than the ML locks, your DITR's are going to be useless. But if you set up your draft where the players you get in the 3rd - 6th rounds are slightly below ML quality, your DITR's could score big.
9/14/2017 2:52 PM
For a number of seasons I tried drafting 50-60 OVR projected guys who would be good to great ML guy if they got a good DITR bump. They almost never got the DITR unless their OVR was closer to 40 than 60, pretty much just really low DUR C's and really low STA RP's. I'm pretty sure that even though guys below 60 OVR can, get a bump, the system seems to usually favor some of the lowest OVR guys in the system. At least that's been my experience. I'm sure others have had better luck.
9/14/2017 5:57 PM
Number of Diamond in the Rough players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.