Help with Game Management / Recruiting Topic

Posted by pallas on 10/22/2017 12:34:00 AM (view original):
Congrats, Craig! He'll be very good at D3.
Thank you Pallas. Happy birthday to me!
10/22/2017 12:59 AM
Here is the advice on scouting from my mentor.

Use of scouting service. At D3 scout your state and connecting states before recruiting cycle one starts. At D2 extend that one state further (your state, connecting states, and states connected to them).

Use local Elite camp and personal camp for scouting.

Do not use any scouting money to individually scout players until after two or more cycles have run so that you aren't scouting a player the Big Boys will take from you easily. Scout players that you have a shot at. Don't scout anyone you aren't willing to put 10+ AP on that cycle.

He said this is a conservative approach to get me started and have some success. That it would keep me from ending up with scrap heap recruits while I learned to compete successfully in recruiting.
10/22/2017 1:56 PM
Posted by Rishado on 10/22/2017 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Here is the advice on scouting from my mentor.

Use of scouting service. At D3 scout your state and connecting states before recruiting cycle one starts. At D2 extend that one state further (your state, connecting states, and states connected to them).

Use local Elite camp and personal camp for scouting.

Do not use any scouting money to individually scout players until after two or more cycles have run so that you aren't scouting a player the Big Boys will take from you easily. Scout players that you have a shot at. Don't scout anyone you aren't willing to put 10+ AP on that cycle.

He said this is a conservative approach to get me started and have some success. That it would keep me from ending up with scrap heap recruits while I learned to compete successfully in recruiting.
A good conservative approach. Being more conservative in scouting will help me for sure.

Devil's advocate though... if I followed this approach, I don't see how I'd end up using my full scouting budget. There is no reason to leave any left over as there isn't roll over.

10/22/2017 2:14 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 10/21/2017 11:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/13/2017 10:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by craigaltonw on 10/12/2017 11:26:00 PM (view original):
So I've seen some controversy in the forums over the quality of recruits D2 and D3 can land. Regardless of all that...

Currently, what are my chances of getting a guy who is a 1 star and in the top 200 overall recruits to play D3?... If no humans fight for him will a Sim beat me out? Setting my sights too high?
At D3, 1 star is probably a bit too high. It's possible but that will be rare. Position rankings in the top 200 are attainable though.

Sims can be beaten if you get after them early and have good preferences.
I got him

Bam, bam, one star comin to D3!
Wow, real nice. How are his potentials?
10/23/2017 9:44 PM
Green BLK, FT
blue DEF, P, DU
black SPD, LP, BH, ST
yellow PE
red ATH, REB

holla for a ballah
10/23/2017 9:59 PM

So you are looking at a:

ATH:50
SPEED: 80
REB: 15
DEF:45
BLK:40
LP: 25
PER:50
BH: 80
PASS: 80
STA:85
FT: A

That's a pretty solid PG who can score 8ish ppg. That's a very good D3 player. He's not an elite defender in man but a + player nonetheless.

10/23/2017 10:16 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 10/23/2017 10:16:00 PM (view original):

So you are looking at a:

ATH:50
SPEED: 80
REB: 15
DEF:45
BLK:40
LP: 25
PER:50
BH: 80
PASS: 80
STA:85
FT: A

That's a pretty solid PG who can score 8ish ppg. That's a very good D3 player. He's not an elite defender in man but a + player nonetheless.

Nah. I'm talking about 1 Star boy #30C Hinkle!
10/24/2017 12:35 AM
◂ Prev 123
Help with Game Management / Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.