S135 D2 Coach of the Year (Final) Topic

It's about that time to get in who the nominees will be for this year Coach of the Year award!

Please send me a sitemail to me the name of the coach you feel best deserves it!

9/10/2017 9:19 PM
What's the deadline for submissions?
9/11/2017 4:02 PM
Lets get all votes in by Tuesday night for Nominees.

Official nominees and voting will start Wednesday and end Saturday night.

If you submitted a nominee, it will be counted as your vote. If you wish to reselect before the deadline, then please send another sitemail when the voting begins.

Winner will be announced Sunday.

The coach of the year represents what you believe it should. I will present each coaches achievement on the ballot Wednesday.

Current list of Nominees.
Ojpick - Saginaw Valley St.
Dukelegend - Kentucky St.
Akua29 - Texas A&M-Commerce

If you have a coach in mind that should be nominated who is not mentioned here, send me a sitemail before 12:01AM PST Wednesday.

Voting for COY will begin Wednesday and go until Saturday 11:59 PST. .
9/11/2017 5:53 PM (edited)
I'm still looking for nominees/votes, its been a good turnout so far. If you got a free second, send me a quick sitemail with your CoY.
9/12/2017 9:34 PM
Coach of the Year voting is on!

Current list of Nominees.
Ojpick - Saginaw Valley St.
SVSU entered the season ranked #9 by Guess and has been with SVSU for the past 35 seasons. He recruited #11 class and had to play in the toughest conference (GLIAC) that featured 4 playoff teams. This season he went outside the box and tried an all rushing attack throughout the season. Once he reached the playoffs, he surprised everyone by switching it up to a balanced attack and made it to the Semi-finals where he lost to Ferris St by 7 points. Ojpick's most notable performance was beating Humboldt St. in the quarterfinals 25-18 who just beat Northern Michigan.

Dukelegend - Kentucky St.
KSU entered the season ranked #33 by Guess and Dukelegend took over in his first season as head coach. He recruited the #51 class and finished the season 14-2 with a second round playoff loss. It was a remarkable season for the first time coach who took over a team that was human coached for the last 4 seasons on a rebuild, but finished with 10 wins the last two seasons. The most noteworthy accomplishment is beating Saint Joseph's twice on the year and securing the conference title. SJ has won the CC every season since season 105. KSU lost in 2nd round to Winona St. 45-31.

Akua29 - Texas A&M-Commerce
TAMC entered the season ranked #1 by Guess and akua29 has been with TAMC for 8 seasons. He recruited the #1 class and finished the season 19-0 as National Champion. He has finished with 17 wins the past 2 seasons. The most noteworthy accomplishment was TAMC's performances in semi-finals and finals scoring 78 points while allowing 13 on defense.

If you have not sent in a nominee (which counts as a vote), then please send in your vote by Saturday, 11:59 PM PST.

Winner will be announced Sunday.

9/13/2017 11:07 PM
REALLY close race for COY. Every single vote is going to matter in this one. If you have not voted, please take the time to send me a quick sitemail. You have until Saturday night by 11:59PM PST.

Thank you to all of those who already voted!
9/15/2017 1:42 AM
I don't get why it's close.
9/15/2017 6:28 PM
Thanks for all of the coaches support in placing votes for CoY, its been by far the largest turnout. It goes to show that the coaches here are getting involved.

CoY is really about whatever criteria you feel makes the nominee worthy and the reasons do vary.

Great job, keep them coming in if you haven't placed your vote yet. It's over Sat night.

BTW, Welcome Joeydefone who joined d2 this season.

We have been talking about him wanting to contribute as a newer player with a different perspective. He's taking on the task of doing an interview with me for the traditional Meet The Champ series. If things go well we should have it posted on Sunday along with Coach of the Year announcement.
9/16/2017 1:14 AM
The results are in!

S135 Coach of the Year

Thank you to all the coaches that voted and made it such a close race versus all 3 nominees.

Congratulations to the winner and everyone nominated!
9/17/2017 6:09 PM
Well deserved. My nomination BTW.
9/17/2017 8:27 PM
Congratulations to all the nominees.
9/18/2017 12:58 AM
Thanks to all who voted, i wanted the championship but coach of the year has a nice ring to it. Good luck to all this season
9/19/2017 5:53 PM
S135 D2 Coach of the Year (Final) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.