Difference between scouting Topic

You come into this game thinking "hey 50 Power out of 100, that's gotta be half decent". It isn't. Substitute any other ranking for Power, the point is that you end up figuring out what ratings constitute an actually good player versus a fool's gold player.

Same thing, scouting around 10 out of a possible 20 isn't really good for much. But it's fixable, it's your decision how much you want to invest in it.

10/3/2017 2:26 PM
@pjf-- not sure I'd agree entirely with your assessment.

You're freakin' lucky you didn't get the #1 guy on your board, whom your $6M scouts said was a Hall of Famer but who is headed for being an SP4. That's a bad miss, especially in the 1(3) slot.

That said, I'll concede that the 1(2) guy, whom your scouts suggested was a top-tier Hall of Fame RF, seems ticketed for being an average Hall of Famer, a miss which I can live with. The guy you actually landed is somewhere in the middle for projection quality; your scouts said SP1 and I think he's likely to end up as an SP3.

In this VERY SMALL SAMPLE SIZE, I wonder, if you've decided to go 20/0 COL/HS, whether you could get away with 10/0 or something like that; that is, whether the big scouting misses are more concentrated on the high school side.
10/3/2017 4:46 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 12
Difference between scouting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.