1) When are you able to begin scheduling them?
2) Do the wins accrued in Exhibitions count toward those you need to increase recruiting vision?
3) What is your strategy for playing freshman in the Exhibition games? In regards to getting an attribute boost?
9/13/2017 12:18 PM
1. The first day of recruiting.
2. No
3. I always try to get my freshmen on the roster for 2 exhibition games. You can do this by playing 1 game early, then scheduling your other two games on the last day of recruiting.
9/13/2017 12:21 PM

3. I always try to get my freshmen on the roster for 2 exhibition games. You can do this by playing 1 game early, then scheduling your other two games on the last day of recruiting.

This may be a little confusing if you're not already doing it or new, so...

1. Schedule one (and only one) exhibition game for early in recruiting, as usual.
2. On the LAST day of recruiting for your world (and it can only be on the last day), schedule the remaining two exhibition games.
3. One of those two games will be scheduled for that night, but it will occur AFTER recruits are added to your roster.
4. The second of those two games will be scheduled for the following night.
5. PROFIT! Two exhibition games with your new recruits included.
9/13/2017 1:49 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 9/13/2017 1:49:00 PM (view original):

This may be a little confusing if you're not already doing it or new, so...

1. Schedule one (and only one) exhibition game for early in recruiting, as usual.
2. On the LAST day of recruiting for your world (and it can only be on the last day), schedule the remaining two exhibition games.
3. One of those two games will be scheduled for that night, but it will occur AFTER recruits are added to your roster.
4. The second of those two games will be scheduled for the following night.
5. PROFIT! Two exhibition games with your new recruits included.
And to add a little bit more to here, if you want you have a couple hours after the recruits hit the roster before that first game SIMS so you can get those FR in the line up and get them that valuable playing time for both games instead of just the second one.
9/13/2017 2:14 PM
Recruits added to Rosters at ~12am EST
Exhibition games for that night at ~2:30am EST
9/13/2017 2:26 PM
Is it really that valuable to get your Freshman 1 or 2 exhibition games? Wouldn't it be just as valuable to get an early boost to your starters?
9/14/2017 2:04 AM
Yes, it is valuable to give your freshmen those extra 1 or 2 games. I don't worry so much about getting them in to start those games, as I do about just having them on the roster for those games. For each game you play, everyone on your roster gets credit for practice time.
9/14/2017 5:23 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 9/14/2017 5:23:00 AM (view original):
Yes, it is valuable to give your freshmen those extra 1 or 2 games. I don't worry so much about getting them in to start those games, as I do about just having them on the roster for those games. For each game you play, everyone on your roster gets credit for practice time.
I try to get them in because:
A) The games don't mean anything so it doesn't matter if they struggle and I lose.
B) My opinion is that if they play it adds more to their progress and improvement than if they sit.

9/14/2017 8:45 AM
Ive never worried bout getting freshman into those games. Never done it.
Im not knocking the idea. I think it is a good one. Just saying I never did and I win my share of games .
Just trying to give a newby a different slant.
9/14/2017 8:54 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/14/2017 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Im not knocking the idea. I think it is a good one. Just saying I never did and I win my share of games .
Yeah, but you don't know the difference between a shark and an envelope so.....

(btw you can use the phrase sharkelope if you wish)
9/14/2017 8:56 AM
  1. look at the date the season starts
  2. four days before that, schedule three games
i always go after the worst local upper division team and two local my division teams not in my conference

i like to enhance the simulation any way i can

sorry, Army!

9/14/2017 9:31 AM
Posted by waregl72 on 9/14/2017 8:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 9/14/2017 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, but you don't know the difference between a shark and an envelope so.....

(btw you can use the phrase sharkelope if you wish)
I once eloped with a shark - VERY expensive divorce (sharkelope :)
9/14/2017 12:39 PM

Is it really that valuable to get your Freshman 1 or 2 exhibition games? Wouldn't it be just as valuable to get an early boost to your starters?

Yes. Gaining a point in WE for a redshirt FR is very meaningful IMO. I tend to focus on my "development" players and not just placeholders that will not have a meaningful impact on my team during their JR/SR years.

nitros (James)

9/14/2017 2:45 PM
So as long as they are on my roster than they get credit... that makes more sense. I totally forgot about Exhibition games until late, but was able to schedule 2 of them right after recruiting and before the season so I'm glad I caught myself.
9/14/2017 6:34 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.